Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Cavauro has mastered the absurd reality of wrestling stories to craft fakes just dumb enough to be plausible

He had me believing for a week that Undertaker was heavily invested in coal mining

I think the secret is that his stories are so dumb that it seems impossible someone just made it up on the fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He had me believing for a week that Undertaker was heavily invested in coal mining

Why else would he be digging all those holes?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Half the things in this world are so dumb that it makes it hard to think "this is something that will never happen in reality." Flat Earthers are a thing. And once that's a thing all bets are off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

In my defense; I have absolutely no idea who Cauvaro is.

The story of him and the other Bengals fans on the forum is they finally had a chance of seeing something relevant happen with their team ever (Get Playoff Win and do it vs division rival Steelers), the team literally blew it with two minutes left when their two star players wouldn't stop committing penalties, and it gifted the other team a winning FG

Thread was incredible as it happened and said Bengals fans basically lost their minds. One ranted about how he was actually glad they lost, another went down conspiracy theories about how everything was fixed because no way could that happen, a third I believe immediately switched fandoms to another team simply because it was literally lighter on his heart and blood pressure, and Cavauro went full andey and did comedy posts to cope. None ever recovered, that was literal years ago

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh gods, my condolences to them then.
(At least you're not Browns fans)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh gods, my condolences to them then.
(At least you're not Browns fans)

Being a Cleveland Browns fan no longer hurts. It's only my fault if I care after these last two seasons. Now I watch in the same way a lot of goons watch Raw.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also I got to go to a game with front row tickets behind their bench and shook the punter's hand a couple seasons ago for like 20 bucks so them being Just The Worst has had some benefit.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

The story of him and the other Bengals fans on the forum is they finally had a chance of seeing something relevant happen with their team ever (Get Playoff Win and do it vs division rival Steelers), the team literally blew it with two minutes left when their two star players wouldn't stop committing penalties, and it gifted the other team a winning FG

Thread was incredible as it happened and said Bengals fans basically lost their minds. One ranted about how he was actually glad they lost, another went down conspiracy theories about how everything was fixed because no way could that happen, a third I believe immediately switched fandoms to another team simply because it was literally lighter on his heart and blood pressure, and Cavauro went full andey and did comedy posts to cope. None ever recovered, that was literal years ago

your forgetting that the penalty that led to the field goal was because a Steelers coach wandered on the field during an injury time out and went right over to the Bengals huddle and started talking smack

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

exploded mummy posted:

your forgetting that the penalty that led to the field goal was because a Steelers coach wandered on the field during an injury time out and went right over to the Bengals huddle and started talking smack

yeah I know it worked and it ruled

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/999424737469190145

June 10th: Aldis vs Crimson vs (remember him) Josephus

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Seeing how, on Thursday night, Mark Haskins was far more over than Aldis in their match against the Young Bucks, it’s safe to say that Haskins should beat Aldis before All In

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

absolutely

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Haskins is good in the ring. Aldis is.....married to Mickie James?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Watch the ending at least:

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1006636210377318401

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The triumphant return of the Eyehole Man!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RZApublican posted:

The triumphant return of the Eyehole Man!

https://twitter.com/TimStormNWA/status/1006679984688201730

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Aldis hosed up that Cloverleaf in hilarious fashion.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

grack posted:

the main event at All In!!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

grack posted:

Those building hype clotheslines were Kelly Kelly-esque.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nick aldis loving sucks.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its not the main event

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

coconono posted:

Those building hype clotheslines were Kelly Kelly-esque.

Hey hey, let's not say something we can't take back.

At least Kelly Kelly is attractive.

Also did Aldis just forget how to wrestle? I do remember him having some decent matches in TNA, even with some lovely, lovely workers.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

its not the main event

It is to me drat it .

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

its not the main event

It's still embarrassing. Aldis should be commentating or part of the WBF roster, not the guy supposedly leading yet another half assed resurgence of a historical title.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's fine. he's good in the promo videos which are all anyone watches

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

oatgan posted:

its not the main event

loving hell. Cody is pulling Aldis down to his midcarder level. The NWA champion deserves to go last.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

its not the main event

It was the only confirmed match on the card before the card sold out. It's the main event regardless of its placing on the show. Magnus is a draw confirmed, this is the year of TNA validation

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It was the only confirmed match on the card before the card sold out. It's the main event regardless of its placing on the show. Magnus is a draw confirmed, this is the year of TNA validation

The belt was booked before the sellout, Aldis wasn't necessarily.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i like to think nick aldis is the worlds heavyweight championship's keeper, like phil pritchard is for the stanley cup
the title gets to travel around the world and people take nice pictures of it, and also nick aldis is there

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

checksin posted:

i like to think nick aldis is the worlds heavyweight championship's keeper, like phil pritchard is for the stanley cup
the title gets to travel around the world and people take nice pictures of it, and also nick aldis is there

fun fact about the stanley cup: the stanley cup champion is not the same title as the nhl champion. The Stanley Cup goes to the best team in hockey, and it just so happens that the NHL has offered the best hockey team every year since 1917. So, yes, the team that wins the NHL playoffs has always won the Stanley Cup, but if there's ever another lockout, the Stanley Cup can in fact be forfeited to another league.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

pathetic little tramp posted:

fun fact about the stanley cup: the stanley cup champion is not the same title as the nhl champion. The Stanley Cup goes to the best team in hockey, and it just so happens that the NHL has offered the best hockey team every year since 1917. So, yes, the team that wins the NHL playoffs has always won the Stanley Cup, but if there's ever another lockout, the Stanley Cup can in fact be forfeited to another league.
Looking forward to Russian meddling with the players' union so they can get the Stanley Cup for the KHL.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

pathetic little tramp posted:

that stopped mattering when they didn't bother naming a stanley cup champion in 2005 when they nhl cancelled a season, and basically told all other hockey leagues that actually played to suck it when they tried to get onto the stanley cup in lieu of it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I made a dumb joke about Aldis on an NWA Instagram post and Aldis liked it, so now I like Nick Aldis.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Does Billy control just the heavyweight title or does the have say on the tag, jr. Etc other “major” titles?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Laughing at the idea of Billy trying to run down an angle to an incredulous Jazz now, thanks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He owns and operates the NWA, but whatever agreements were in place prior to his ownership still stand. Whether that means the other titles get defended or anything who knows.

Also, in checking Wiki, I saw this and while I'm sure it's vandalism, I choose to believe it is fact.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1016322012233338883

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Flip gonna be champion of the flat earth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:emptyquote: