Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:yosnice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

just so we are clear, do you think pod is cult, yes or no? personally, I am more interested in finding cult right now. just wondering why you arent concerned with cult at all.

I do not think Pod is cult. I think Pod is a threat to town.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

I gotta say dude, I'm literally in disbelief that you guys are not only gonna win, but im probably gonna be lynched today. you're lucky this town is dumb as gently caress haha.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
goddam you're all so scummy

bminus did you claim a role yet?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

I chuckled and now I can't not read it in that cadence.

I'm glad the joke landed and didn't come off the wrong way.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

I do not think Pod is cult. I think Pod is a threat to town.

who do you think is cult?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
OK here's the deal. I'm going to make this absolutely clear.

1) bminus has been going crazy today about asking me to claim things and asking if people should full claim.
2) bminus' name does not match the flavor.
3) bminus' PM somehow exactly matches the vanilla PM.
4) bminus somehow knows I'm immune to cult recruitments and is trying to pass it off as an "assumption" for what happened on a kill-less night with no possible reason to have that idea unassisted. Same goes for Monathin committing "suicide" when recruited. Why would anyone just assume a cult cop would do that without additional information?

bminus overextended himself. He's cult. Vote him.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

who do you think is cult?

Yeah I'd go with bminus at this point or you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Driving but the obvious SK makes a pretty good point about bminus. How did he assume Pod can’t be recruited?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

1) bminus has been going crazy today about asking me to claim things and asking if people should full claim.
4) bminus somehow knows I'm immune to cult recruitments and is trying to pass it off as an "assumption" for what happened on a kill-less night with no possible reason to have that idea unassisted. Same goes for Monathin committing "suicide" when recruited. Why would anyone just assume a cult cop would do that without additional information?

nice, so you are immune. ahahahaha. I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just glad I was right. wish i hadnt wasted so much time in this game though.

anyway, IS and keane are my cult picks. Pod has lost his mind in the last hour.

good job idiots. just vote me and get it over with

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Where is this?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Bminus could be self detonating to save IS, the recruiter.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

nice, so you are immune. ahahahaha. I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just glad I was right. wish i hadnt wasted so much time in this game though.

anyway, IS and keane are my cult picks. Pod has lost his mind in the last hour.

good job idiots. just vote me and get it over with

Sounds good.

##unvote
##vote b-minus

THIS DANCE BEGINS AGAIN IN THE MORNING, POD.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
btw pod, I wasn't the first to mention the cult cop suicide. pretty sure AS brought it up, I thought it was interesting and agreed that could explain the night result. :cheers:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ahhh my PM is actually a little different than the one Ecco posted and b-minus did claim the exact stuff in the generic one that’s a good catch

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think I'm done here. just lol at this game

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

merk posted:

Bminus could be self detonating to save IS, the recruiter.

We've been at each other's throats for three days. That makes zero sense.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote b-minus

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Now how do we explain alasadair’s death? Obviously cult didn’t kill him. I would imagine his cult teammates would advise against trying to cult AS.

I think I already said this but any vig, town or 3p should consider claiming.

b-minus1 posted:

I think we are at a point where everyone needs to claim. At the very least, we need to know alignment, and then go from there.

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm. This is the first time I’m hearing about St. Leroux outside of the thread title. I just figured it was the name of the city or something haha.

b-minus1 posted:

Ok pod, you claim that you didn’t try to kill anyone n2. Did you perform another action? You don’t have to say what it is.

b-minus1 posted:

all of these scenarios seem implausible. I highly doubt there is a scum and a cult. Although strangely enough my role pm includes the word scum and not cult as the threat. Whatever.

We have a bunch of council claims, two 3p claims, and two town claims. Illegally sober and and merk need to claim flavor and alignment ASAP.

b-minus1 posted:

We still haven't accounted for the second nk on n1, or the lack of a nk on n2. Pod, can you even be recruited to a cult, or are you immune?

b-minus1 posted:

My head. It fits this scenario that I came up with haha, where the cult started with two members. IS is the cult recruiter, and fisk/meinberg/alasdair was an original cult member.

So that leaves n2, when nobody died. Would the cult really try to recruit podima after what happened between him and AA? Seems like a risky move.

Podima, I agree with merk. You need to help us out as much as possible. Is it even possible for the cult to recruit you? I don't see why you need to hide this information.

b-minus1 posted:

At this point, I don't think the cult has a night kill ability. However, I do think that they were blocked two of the three nights. and oh man, if that actually is true it would be hilarious.

b-minus1 posted:

No. My guess is cult unsuccessfully recruited the first two nights.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Anyway I have hope to finally get my top pick so

##unvote

##vote B-minus

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Saying lol whenever someone says you are scum is objectively the least interesting way to play mafia possible.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

btw pod, I wasn't the first to mention the cult cop suicide. pretty sure AS brought it up, I thought it was interesting and agreed that could explain the night result. :cheers:

this is true

i don't think bminus is scum tho i'll feel pretty dumb if i'm wrong.

##vote sober

would also vote hal or keane

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I'd go with bminus at this point or you.

weak read here

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

IllegallySober posted:

We've been at each other's throats for three days. That makes zero sense.

Yeah, can we go back to IS?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote ##vote bminus

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

Saying lol whenever someone says you are scum is objectively the least interesting way to play mafia possible.

he seems frustrated to me. i'm also the one who first asked pod what happens if cult target him, and i was thinking similar things to bminus

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 4 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: b-minus1 (5): Moatillata, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Podima
IllegallySober (3): merk, b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, -Hal Incandenza, Atomic Soda
Hal Incandenza (1): Podima, Slamburger, -Podima
Podima (0): b-minus1, CCKeane, -b-minus1, IllegallySober, -CCKeane, -IllegallySober
Atomic Soda (0): merk, -merk
CCKeane (0): Moatillata, -Moatillata, merk, -merk

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 9 players alive, it took 5 votes to be executed.

======================

The crowd was stunned at the revelation of a cult in their town. What does it mean? Who was that hooded figure? Why has the violence continued? Who can be trusted? Accusations flew to and fro, settling on Natalia, a middle-aged woman with her hair in thick dreads. "She keeps laughing, what's so funny?" said some. "Her name is weird and foreign!" shouted a racist. By sundown, Natalia was swinging from a noose in the market square. Checking her person revealed a bag of beans in her pocket, while her home had lush vegetables in the garden. She clearly meant nobody any harm at all.

:s: b-minus1, Natalia, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 4. :s:

It is now Night 4. Send your actions ASAP!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
At daybreak the villagers again discovered that some of their own were missing. First was Hal; his home seemed to have been blown up during the night, the same as Alasdair's, only because Hal's home was made of stone it didn't burn. Checking his belongings showed that despite the whirling rumors around him, Hal was an innocent villager.

:s: Hal Incandenza, Isabella, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was blown up night 4. :s:

The second person missing was Slamburger; his home was still in one piece, but opening the door revealed something horrifying. Sitting on the floor was Slam, but... it was hard to tell what had happened to him. The weak-stomached stayed outside vomiting while those with stronger constitutions assessed the room. A bloody, jagged knife is near Slam's corpse. Slam's toes and fingers were cut off, and his head had large, bloody patches on it, as if someone had violently ripped out his hair. Flipping the corpse over revealed someone had cut open Slam's insides and... fed it to him. Along with his fingers, toes, and hair.
It's completely disgusting. Who could have done such a thing? And... why?

:s: Slamburger, Samuel, Cleric (council-aligned doctor), was mutilated night 4. :s:

It is now Day 5
:h: With 6 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Sunday, June 17th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Monday, ~1PM AEST.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Heyyyyyyy

Merk?

How ya doin bud?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I still cannot believe B- flipped town. Sorry, dude.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Pod, assuming you killed Hal?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Motherfucker! Also the heck was up with b-minus at the end of the day yesterday? Bad meltdown.

Hal was me, obviously.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

"Her name is weird and foreign!" shouted a racist.

This was excellent flavor, though. :golfclap:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wild-aligned:
1. Atomic Soda, claimed PGO

Self-aligned
1. Podima, Yiskah

Council-aligned:
1. Anomalous Amalgam, Sofia, Constable (council-aligned naive cop)
2. Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop)
3. Slamburger, Samuel, Cleric (council-aligned doctor)
4. merk, claimed council-aligned
5. moatillata, claimed council-aligned

Town-aligned:
1. Tired Moritz, Ignacio, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
2. Dick Bastardly, Matteo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
3. SalTheBard, Luis, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
4. Hal, Isabella, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
5. b-minus, Natalia, Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
6. IS, claimed vanilla town-aligned
7. Keane, claimed town-aligned

Cult-aligned:
1. Alasdair, Victoria, Follower (cult-aligned cultist)

I believe this is up to date, someone shout if I missed something.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Heyyyyyyy

Merk?

How ya doin bud?

:frogon:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm waiting for merk to respond first but why not I'll toss this down atm