Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I don't think you're supposed to name people in the Witness Protection Program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I think his kip up looks fine.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Bigass Moth posted:

He uses his arm to push himself up and then his belly jiggles.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bigass Moth posted:

Part of what makes it funny is his grand gesture at the end. It's not the worst kip up in the world, I'd say my four year-old does worse. But he goes Ta Da! at the end and that's just hilarious.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Remember those handful of weeks before he disappeared from the earth when he was running w/ an androgynous heel gimmick

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

Remember those handful of weeks before he disappeared from the earth when he was running w/ an androgynous heel gimmick

I had literally forgotten about this, holy poo poo. Spud is in such a better place.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-qsl4LMp0

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is that Jessie Neal?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

coconono posted:

is that Jessie Neal?

Killer Kross, who's apparently a AAA guy, not that you'd know that from the video. Classic Impact - debut a guy but don't actually tell us who he is.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

Killer Kross, who's apparently a AAA guy, not that you'd know that from the video. Classic Impact - debut a guy but don't actually tell us who he is.

Do they have another guy on their roster whose name starts with a K? I feel like a team called KK&K is long overdue for Impact.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Julio Cruz posted:

I mean, is this really that odd? Of all the things to pick on Impact about this seems like a real reach. How many times have people debuted on TV and not had a name until the next week when they formally introduced themselves in some promo?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Do they have another guy on their roster whose name starts with a K? I feel like a team called KK&K is long overdue for Impact.

Well, he also wrestles as Kevin Kross, so making him Killer Kevin Kross would have the same effect, though it sounds more like an Arolucha gimmick.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

I mean, is this really that odd? Of all the things to pick on Impact about this seems like a real reach. How many times have people debuted on TV and not had a name until the next week when they formally introduced themselves in some promo?

Doing a big reveal angle and then assuming your audience will all know the person who's revealed is incredibly dumb, and it's only common on Impact. WWE makes a huge deal out of making sure you know who everyone on screen is at any given time.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

I like that he drags the guy away like 20 feet or so before loudly assaulting him when he is very definitely still within the vision/earshot of all the people attending to the other injured guy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Isn't Kevin "KM" Matthews there? Not that I'd know, since I don't think I could point that dude out of a lineup if I had to.

Throw in Gail Kim as their manager and you've got a stew goin

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pathetic little tramp posted:

I like that he drags the guy away like 20 feet or so before loudly assaulting him when he is very definitely still within the vision/earshot of all the people attending to the other injured guy

Its a cop, in America. Unless that was taped in Canada.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

He also does it on camera and acknowledges the camera guy is there.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 16, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1011330863685087233

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
"dummies will be named and shamed long into the future"

thats a hosed up way to talk about your signees

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer says it is a multi-year deal for Eli Drake. You get differing opinions on him but I think he would be exposed in NXT and they don't need a second EC3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Differing opinions like "Who?" and "That's his catchphrase?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They don't need a first EC3 imo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

aron rex still might be the saddest thing in TNA for me. dude came into it with this grand sweeping speech and then fell into a fake title belt and a horrendous Liberace gimmick before he disappeared

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

He was the one who came up with that horrendous Liberace gimmick, so don’t be.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NuclearPotato posted:

He was the one who came up with that horrendous Liberace gimmick, so don’t be.

I don't feel bad for him, I think it's hilarious how he was made out to be this huge unsigned star for TNA to pick up when he was a B-tier guy at best and came into the fed in poor shape

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
look man he was too entertaining to ever be a title contender

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
He sure showed the WWE, didn’t he?

Aron Rex.

:aronrex:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

They don't need a first EC3 imo

I have zero love for NXT/WWE/HHH/VKM but EC3 managed to create a persona that's absolutely perfect for them.

Aron Rex is bad. He's repped by Jim Cornette who always reps Mikey Mondo, which gives you the level of viability.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

rovert posted:

Meltzer says it is a multi-year deal for Eli Drake.
Congrats, he will take... Nah, it's just not the same.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I don't feel bad for him, I think it's hilarious how he was made out to be this huge unsigned star for TNA to pick up when he was a B-tier guy at best and came into the fed in poor shape

Aaron Rex sucks because he's like that one guy who smokes 50 cigarettes a day and lives to be 90 years old, i.e. a guy you can point to and say "See? WWE didn't push this idiot, they know what they are doing!"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1012518515037765632

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

imagine how hilarious it would be if pentagon jr got unmasked for a tna ppv

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

imagine how hilarious it would be if pentagon jr got unmasked for a tna ppv

It'd fit with their only consistent brand - WCW Except From The Dollar Tree

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

what I wouldn't give to be in the room when they decided rey misterio jr was more marketable without the mask

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sami was called out for balding during his pre-NXT documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcSuRkMpYjk

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

At the last AAW show, you could see Sami's scalp through his dumb little bun. It's going to take Penta one swipe with the clippers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm still not convinced Eli Drake actually exists, to be honest.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

every time I hear the name Eli Drake I think of a ROH style cruiserweight like Eddie Edwards and then I see him and am like "Oh, ok"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think I've seen like one Eli Drake match but it was boring enough that I purged it from my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

He's pretty much just a CAW who does the duckface in pictures and shouts DUMMY, YEAH, that's all there is to him.