Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am glad Enzo agrees Daniel Bryan should have never been in the main event of WM30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

VJeff posted:

I heard a bit of fantasy booking I really liked for this at WM33, when New Day were the hosts. Have the New Day doing some shenanigans in the ring, Brock's music hits to interrupt them, he comes down for his match with Goldberg and is basically like "scram, idiots." Kofi and Xavier are like :yikes:, but Big E stays behind to stare down Brock for a bit. There y'go, you've got a challenger for Brock and while Big E obviously gets his rear end handed to him, he can hang in there and show his stuff for a bit.

That sounds pretty cool. Too bad nothing of the sort will ever happen :smith:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that's because nothing happens with brock lesnar

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when Enzo got a PPV match canned by braining himself on the bottom rope?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

VJeff posted:

Remember when Enzo got a PPV match canned by braining himself on the bottom rope?

remember simon gotch

I'm still amazed aiden english has done as well for himself as he has after that

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

remember simon gotch

I'm still amazed aiden english has done as well for himself as he has after that

Being married to a Guerrero will do that, plus getting lucky and getting a singing gimmick over.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, teenage Mel was an enormous Ken Shamrock mark so I was all about them for the two weeks they mattered

Also was a huge Shamrock mark. I’m still pissed he never got a WWE Championship run.

And he’s also the reason every CAW I’ve made has an ankle lock finisher.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I totally forgot that there's a takeover tomorrow.

Hype.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Also was a huge Shamrock mark. I’m still pissed he never got a WWE Championship run.

And he’s also the reason every CAW I’ve made has an ankle lock finisher.

I am still legit pissed that move is connected with Kurt Angle now

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Roman is going to win the case off whoever wins it and then cash in on Brock on raw to attempt a ratings pop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

shiksa posted:

how come no one ever told me about jamie noble? he's a little redneck with a high pitched voice who's constantly pissed off and loves watchin dudes gently caress his girlfriend.

what a fantastic character, really, bravo jamie noble.

Oh my God, Jamie Noble and Nidia were the absolute loving best. When he won the cruiserweight title and started "living it up" is some of the funniest stuff WWE ever did :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfIRffdFW0

Edit: Plus bonus Tajiri!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnEbFCt4Fc

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 16, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God, Jamie Noble and Nidia were the absolute loving best. When he won the cruiserweight title and started "living it up" is some of the funniest stuff WWE ever did :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfIRffdFW0

Edit: Plus bonus Tajiri!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnEbFCt4Fc

Huge pops for the loving

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Big E will never get that singles push because they don't get him. They didn't give him the NXT 5 count gimmick which would have gotten him over. They also don't get his humor at all. I remember a pre New Day match he was doing commentary on and he made a funny joke about being a Skip-It champion. Cole obviously had no idea what he was referencing, there was silence for like 20 seconds, followed by Cole burying him afterward obviously at Vince's direction because he also didn't get the reference.

From all accounts WWE has tried to break up The New Day numerous times despite how over they are and how much merch they sell. Because they are run by a senile geriatric who understands nothing about them but considers Bobby Lashley's "sisters" to be high comedy.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What is Nidia up to these days?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am still legit pissed that move is connected with Kurt Angle now

Honestly, I am of the belief that it’s better Angle than Swagger. Though that can surely be debated.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Looks like after leaving WWE she did a little bit of wrestling here and there, including for TNA, then got married and had a couple of kids and is working at being a chef now.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
does anyone know who gave dolph ziggler and kofi kingston their names? they're both awful

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

cauliflower jones posted:

does anyone know who gave dolph ziggler and kofi kingston their names? they're both awful

Kofi is one of the few guys who got to keep his independent name (well, he was Kofi Nahaje Kingston but still)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
New Day won't break up because they know the singles division in WWE is black man kryptonite. Apollo going to the tag division was somehow the best thing that could happen to him. Jason Jordan's cleared to wrestle, lets see how poorly this goes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I always knew the vaudevillains had legs and it turns out I was half right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cauliflower jones posted:

Dolph’s was all his idea.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

JitteryComa posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkAz8VyF6oQ/

I like how they put Dunne and Dean on there to make it seem like "whaaaat, we're praising them."

quote:

prenonmahmud LOL

matthewthegoat0825 Brock only defended 10 time in the 400 day reign he's had so he don't deserve to be on that list

seanthetimelord Part timing gently caress

alexander_ruperto Brock Lesnar is crap like the universal titlw

curtiskilfillen Wait how many times did brock defend his title? Wait that’s right ALOT less than punk

celvin_lee Cm PUNK cM PUNk

bassoshane Brock doesn't count cause he's a sack of poo poo part timer that barely defends it. Not a true champion.

wrestling_fan22 All of us are as good as Brock...

LOL

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jerusalem posted:

Looks like after leaving WWE she did a little bit of wrestling here and there, including for TNA, then got married and had a couple of kids and is working at being a chef now.

YAY for ex-wrestlers leaving the business happy, healthy and sane.

That it doesn't happen nearly enough is truly a tragedy.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Why is there no thread for Stephanie being on Undercover Boss? It's the Real Life: I Want to be a Wrestler of this generation.

it sucks

But she finally got her LGBTQ plotline.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

JitteryComa posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkAz8VyF6oQ/

I like how they put Dunne and Dean on there to make it seem like "whaaaat, we're praising them."

Asuka's title reigns was 510 days long (recognized as 523 by the WWE since the episode she vacated it aired on tape delay)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I like how the Brock Lesnar: Part-timing bitch storyline successfully turned everybody on Brock, but
1) Didn't get Roman over
2) Brock didn't drop the title to him anyway.

So instead of us liking the guy that we hate, we still hate the guy that we hate, we just now also hate the guy that we used to like.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

VJeff posted:

I like how the Brock Lesnar: Part-timing bitch storyline successfully turned everybody on Brock, but
1) Didn't get Roman over
2) Brock didn't drop the title to him anyway.

So instead of us liking the guy that we hate, we still hate the guy that we hate, we just now also hate the guy that we used to like.

Also Jinder's here now.

Wow B Team vs Deleters isn't on the card. We're never gonna see Bo and Bray beat each other up are we?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/1007935595362971650?s=19

There is the big Australia show that has been hinted at.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is at least the second time HHH vs Taker has been claimed to be happening one last time in the build to a match

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

VJeff posted:

Not sure. The storyline hoped to capitalize on a growing sentiment that was building months before it, but wwe doesn't usually go that far back on a plan.

I came back into watching wrestling after 18 years of not, last year. I have seen Brock wrestle a singular worthwhile match. If that's the plan, that's some next level playing moves ahead.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Chris James 2 posted:

This is at least the second time HHH vs Taker has been claimed to be happening one last time in the build to a match
This match is to mark the end of the iconic era spanning from 2012 through 2018.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol WWE SUPER SHOWDOWN, the most generic name ever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"All of us are as good as Brock" is a strangely sweet comment:unsmith:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I still feel like I have to go to this card because... It's the MCG, I'm loving like 15 minutes from the place. I've never gone to a live event.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This is really lovely considering how bad the Australian government is :smith:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

This is really lovely considering how bad the Australian government is :smith:

Unlike the lovely Saudi folk WWE just did business with.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

bradzilla posted:

lol WWE SUPER SHOWDOWN, the most generic name ever
To be fair, virtually everything about how WWE produces their events has become homogenized and generic and devoid of any charm or creativity so gently caress it we may as well embrace names like "WWE LIVE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTATION" or w'e.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The WWE still does business in America and they've got a fat orange rapist surrounded by white supremacists as president.

And don't get me started on the UK

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah, there's a difference between doing a show in a country and being contracted to further said country's aims. The deal with the Saudis is very very much the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How dare you mock Tribute to the Troops.

• Locked thread