Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Jimmy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
It'd be nice if we could, at the very least, keep all our defenders on the park at once :(

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Gee you reckon we might have focused on not letting teams getting a run on of unanswered goals seeing as it happens every loving week.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Well cya later Richo.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Saints bad. Football bad. Everything bad.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Richo and all the coaches may as well put in their resignation at half time and head to the airport.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Winning clearances 20-4 and winning disposals but down by 35 wot

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Windmill Hut posted:

Winning clearances 20-4 and winning disposals but down by 35 wot

Welcome to the impotent sieve that is St Kilda's forward line.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
They get plenty of the ball but all they do is run and bomb it to packs. Unless they have the opportunity to handball into pressure.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
You would have thought that after half a season observing the complete failure of bombing it long inside 50 we would have figured out that it isn't working and would have changed it. But apparently we are coached by the dumbest bunch of mother fuckers to ever encounter the sport of Aussie Rules Football.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
We are a stupid and lazy football team. The lack of run on turnover is damning, the fact we just bomb it on top of our forwards is just so stupid. Our midfield work is fine, even good at times but we just completely and utterly waste it on that final kick into our forward 50. WHY THE gently caress do we still have assistant coaches who teach this poo poo? WHY?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

As punishment for my sins in some former life, the only game of football I managed to watch last week was GWS murdering the Suns, and the only game of footy I will see this week is the Saints v Suns game happening now.

I am watching on delay, and there was just a period of play where the ball went end to end without a Saint within a bulls roar of the ball let alone their man. It is amazing that they are making the Suns look good, given last week Gold Coast were insanely awful.

To summarise, I agree with everyone above me who has spoken the simple truth: Saints bad.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I can’t understand why saints were going in as favourites for this match (or realistically any match for the rest of the season other than maybe Carlton)

Also Carlton and freo both won 2 quarters each so seems like it was an even match

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
I wonder how many Saints players considering an exit from the team right now.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Solemn Sloth posted:

I can’t understand why saints were going in as favourites for this match (or realistically any match for the rest of the season other than maybe Carlton)

Also Carlton and freo both won 2 quarters each so seems like it was an even match

They were coming up against a side that hasnt won a quarter in like a month or some poo poo

BTW nutsngum we are coming up against the Monash Gryphons next week in what will likely be our only chance at a win all year, what with them being nearly as bad as us and all

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

I wonder how many Saints players considering an exit from the team right now.

At this point we may as well start the whole rebuild from scratch anyway so unless it's a player under the age of 24 then I'd happily let them go. There's no point in having Carlisle, Steven, Roberton, Armitage, Geary, Brown, Hickey cause none of them will be around by the time we unfuck this poo poo and none of them are amazing leaders (apart from maybe Gears).

Burn it all down and start over again. Bring in a few old heads from actually good clubs to help build a not poo poo club.

E: Add Weller, Gilbert and Savage to that list.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I can't even think of anyone who could realistically come in and unfuck this poo poo in a reasonable time frame given like The Suns were only able to get Stewart Dew into the top job.

I mean, there might be some better assistants we can bring in, but I reckon it's gonna take quite a while to get back to even threatening to play finals. Too much work to do.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 16, 2018

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

Periphery posted:

At this point we may as well start the whole rebuild from scratch anyway so unless it's a player under the age of 24 then I'd happily let them go. There's no point in having Carlisle, Steven, Roberton, Armitage, Geary, Brown, Hickey cause none of them will be around by the time we unfuck this poo poo and none of them are amazing leaders (apart from maybe Gears).

Burn it all down and start over again. Bring in a few old heads from actually good clubs to help build a not poo poo club.

E: Add Weller, Gilbert and Savage to that list.

I'm a bit more worried about younger players getting sick of it and requesting a trade. Billings, Paddy, Sinclair, Acres and Ross would attract interest, not currently demand a high price and probably go on to play good to great footy in a better team/system. That'd burn.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Hyper extension of the groin for Carlisle there that will help the Saints

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Haha Suns also suck rear end

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol two blatant trips by the saints on the ball carrier and the umpire ignores it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think this is what the scientists call a cripple fight

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
:lol:
I think the Suns are in deeper poo poo to be honest.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Lol he stays coach by the width of a ball hair

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

They should award 0 points and merge both teams imo

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Suns inability to score a final quarter goal for a month is absolutely pathetic

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
All that win does is paper over the cracks.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Well, gently caress me. Hope this doesn't take any pressure off the position we're in, though. Alarm bells are still ringing.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
I'll have Jade Gresham's babies, though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

The Suns inability to score a final quarter goal for a month is absolutely pathetic

It’s not like they’ve been great in the other quarters

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
:lol:

Only just saw the St Kilda result, I stopped watching early in the last quarter.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Some fella kicked a ball into a bin to win $20k at quarter time and that's the only good piece of football that's happened here tonight

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

racing identity posted:

Some fella kicked a ball into a bin to win $20k at quarter time and that's the only good piece of football that's happened here tonight

I was two numbers off the winning ticket in the door raffle for a guernsey signed by the playing group and presented by club legend John Nichols... if only I had of gotten into the function a minute earlier.

boy undead posted:

I'm a bit more worried about younger players getting sick of it and requesting a trade. Billings, Paddy, Sinclair, Acres and Ross would attract interest, not currently demand a high price and probably go on to play good to great footy in a better team/system. That'd burn.

Rumours going around the past few weeks of Billings to Carlton... but perhaps todays performance by both teams will have averted that.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 16, 2018

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shut the gently caress up about boots, overcoats and "Big Cegs"

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snaeksikn posted:

Shut the gently caress up about boots, overcoats and "Big Cegs"

Love ya work, Lingy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Today’s football is bad enough to make me give the soccer a try tonight

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Soccer is basically the same as being a melbourne supporter, you sit through interminable hours of loving garbage in the mistaken belief that the one good thing that happens every now and again makes up for it somehow

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Soccer is poo poo.

I'd rather watch the gold coast suns.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I don’t understand how every soccer fan isn’t terminally embarrassed by what a bunch of staging cunts every single team is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
That was an appalling half of footy.