Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
How is Mark Robson still in a job as a commentator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Holy poo poo, Koroibete is like 90% trapezius.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
How is it the NZ France stream I was watching had better audio and picture than the Aussie broadcast of Aus Ireland?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

What the balls was that kick from Sexton?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Pocock is a cancer on the game.

gently caress me, I support Australia, but how was that not a try?

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 16, 2018

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
It did look like he lost it over the line. I think Aussie should have been threatened with a card there.

e. I guess you could say he turned Folau with that kick

slothrop fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 16, 2018

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

slothrop posted:

I guess you could say he turned Folau with that kick

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
So why is his deliberate knock on a yellow and the two (three?) the Aussies have been penalised for haven't been?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I think because it was pure cheating given he was on the ground.

Fair play Ireland, certainly deserved the win.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Unimpressed posted:

I think because it was pure cheating given he was on the ground.

Fair play Ireland, certainly deserved the win.

Yeah I can't disagree with the card or the calls on the Aussies. I think I was just wound up by one of the Aussie commentators who kept on going on about how unfair it was that deliberate knock downs are a penalty offence. It's the rules dummy, just don't do it.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Yeah, probably Phil Kearns, the man who makes idiots look clever by comparison.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
These two Ireland Aussie games have been great. And hopefully next week should be just as good. Both deserving teams won in each match.

Ireland had their usual problem of not converting their dominance into points. For all the defensive abilities of the midfield, and the occasional break they can't seem to be able to create tries, or put their wingers in. They'll play against poorer sides, score a few tries, then their lack of ability against top teams gets talked up again. The same happens in the 22, too many missed opportunities.

That being said, the Aussies were very lucky with their infringing. They had at least two "final warnings" from the ref, and should have had another yellow for repeat infringement. The Ireland yellow at the end was the correct call, but when Australia are repeatedly fouling on their own line, and Ireland get both a yellow and a penalty try against them for one infringement something is wrong.

The refs interpretation of the maul was a bit dodgy as well, and favoured Australia. They were going backwards numerous times, were allowed stop and change their point of movement, and the ref didn't deem it a "use once." Another time an Aussie player came in right at the back of an Irish maul and nothing happened. Ireland go up against an Aussie maul changing their drive direction with new lead men and nothing happens.

Apart from that the ref was good. He just didn't have a good idea of the effect of continuous, pressure changing events, rather than once off cynical stuff.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

England making GBS threads away another lead.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Guys. I don't think George Ford is an international 10.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Nathan Hughes is maybe not very smart.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But is he more of a wanker or a oval office?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Why not both?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

goatface posted:

Wanker.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I would like to laugh at the following people: England, Nathan Hughes, the idiots who boycotted the Boks because Kolisi was named captain (somehow this is not a group that includes Steve Hofmyer), and did I mention England?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

England are englanding

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

I would like to laugh at the following people: England, Nathan Hughes, the idiots who boycotted the Boks because Kolisi was named captain (somehow this is not a group that includes Steve Hofmyer), and did I mention England?

People boycotted the Boks because of Kolisi? Fucksake.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Did you just see Josh Adam's try? I'm going to find him and kiss him.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I know Argentina are terrible but gently caress me, Martyn Williams is more one eyed than Jiffy. You'd think Wales were the All Blacks they way he's going on every chance he gets.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Argentina gonna get brutalised in the Tri Nations this year. Hopeless.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aye, it's weird because Jaguares have been playing some nice rugby but when they come together as a national side they're utterly shite.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

And Ross Moriarty proves himself to be a complete bollock brain.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

phwoar, great try by kinghorn.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

HappyCamperGL posted:

phwoar, great try by kinghorn.

Whoever is doing pbp in America may be watching his first rugby ever. Even the BBC is making GBS threads all over them.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Try by Germishuys! USA leads Scotland 30-24 with 20 minutes to go. This is a fun game

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Fife scores a try. Only need a conversion from five metres in....

E - Nope. That was gash in the second half. Shocking discipline and skill levels.

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 17, 2018

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Scotland are not good when under pressure just now. Everyone seems to panic and just fucks around. Good win for the US but too many mistakes let them back into the game in the second half.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

This is what Ross Moriarty got a red card for. This is in injury time, Wales are 30-5 up so can't lose and he decides to do this.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bessantj posted:

This is what Ross Moriarty got a red card for. This is in injury time, Wales are 30-5 up so can't lose and he decides to do this.

Slight mitigating circumstances in that Sanchez punched him but still going to eat a long ban for that. his dad would be proud though.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Yeah there could have been a couple of cards:

Duel code international, his dad was a bit of a hard nut.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Was he trying to eat him?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Dirty cheating fucks

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Well Hourcade has been sacked as Argentina head coach, Not surprising really given how they've regressed since the last RWC. They should just appoint Ledesma in a dual role with Jaguares - it's pretty much the same squad anyway.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

Was he trying to eat him?

He was practising for a role hes landed when he plays an American cop who encounters a black man minding his own business.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I can't believe that McGinty turned face, on the same night Moriarty turned heel.

Good rugby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

I can't believe that McGinty turned face, on the same night Moriarty turned heel.

Good rugby.

But will they be going to WRAAAAAAAAASTLEMANIA!?