Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So John Travolta showed up on my local news, as he's traveling around the country promoting this movie Gotti where he stars as the one-time Gambino boss John Gotti. This is the best image of the poster I can find:

A few other notes: the actors are in terrible makeup. Also, this movie was nearly direct-to-Redbox but they're pulling out the stops to get in theaters. Anyways, it'll probably be a disaster and Travolta's appearance was him trying to salvage what remains of his career.

Why am I posting this thread, you ask? To be honest, I don't quite know. I'm not being paid by anyone to post this, though it does implicitly serve as promotional material. However, I am willing to take money payments to post about movies in case any film studios are reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmYXoXL3Wc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Remember that Johnny Depp movie where he played a gangster and the makeup he wore was so bad and distracting as gently caress? He was supposed to look like some Irish dude but instead he looked like some sort of hosed up balding vampire.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Vastarien posted:

Remember that Johnny Depp movie where he played a gangster and the makeup he wore was so bad and distracting as gently caress? He was supposed to look like some Irish dude but instead he looked like some sort of hosed up balding vampire.

The Whitey Booger Story.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

tbh the insanely cliche'd dialogue was more distracting than the awful makeup

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Why am I posting this thread, you ask? To be honest, I don't quite know. I'm not being paid by anyone to post this, though it does implicitly serve as promotional material. However, I am willing to take money payments to post about movies in case any film studios are reading.

im movie studio and not paying u

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
isn't travolta famous for having multiple career resurgences?

like he was welcome back kotter, then saturday night fever/grease/carrie, then look who's talking, then pulp fiction (which led into get shorty/broken arrow/michael/faceoff/swordfish/phenomenon), then wild hogs if you're a dad/hairspray if you're gay, then a couple years ago he was robert shapiro with a hosed up face in the o.j. show with a bunch of other formerly famous people like cuba gooding jr and ross from friends

not that I'm expecting this to be another comeback but I wasn't expecting 4:44 either. most solo artists have one good rap album in them, turns out j had 7. so yeah this will probably suck, who even is director kevin connolly?, but I wouldn't count travolta out just yet, he's probably got one more good rap album in him, and I'm not just saying that because I met him in the gym at 2am and he gave me a massage. boy this post was all over the place

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude should just come out of the closet already

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he can't, he's a scientologist

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cubone posted:

not that I'm expecting this to be another comeback but I wasn't expecting 4:44 either. most solo artists have one good rap album in them, turns out j had 7. so yeah this will probably suck, who even is director kevin connolly?
he was in entourage

i never watched it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cubone posted:

he can't, he's a scientologist
the church of scientology should cease beating around the bush and just go straight at the gay community for recruitment

i mean, they've got travolta, cruise, and that miscavage leader guy is a total bottom

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he seems content molesting male masseuses

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbB3iGRHtqA

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Haha no he's fuckin NOTTI

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Travolta is God Ugly!!!!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
WHO’S BOSS.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hes a loving 1%er cult member OP

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

numberoneposter posted:

Travolta is God Ugly!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLibuybOC1w&t=14s

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Please do not encourage people to see or pay for movies featuring scientologists in any capacity.

EDIT: Yes I’ve heard the rumors that Travolta wants out too, but please don’t support him until he actually leaves.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 14, 2018

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This movie looks dope as gently caress

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

june 15th

thats almost tomorrow

:wth:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

he was in entourage

i never watched it

The "E" guy is the worst actor on that show and he plays the boring straightman.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God and baby jesus finally something I want to watch. :eyepop:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
He gotti diabetes

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want Arnald Horshack to be in in this film. Oooh ooh!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i don't even have a joke this is just sad

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This poster is awful because I thought it was a remake of Who's the Boss for a minute.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

hey i got this email from moviepass too!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Update:

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1007998756153946113

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xACbVe7o9Rs

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

cant say im surprised lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Scientology aside, I think Travolta is a pretty great actor who needs a better agent.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Insane testimonials from Gotti supporters at the end are as close as this shitshow will ever get to good reviews."

Holy poo poo

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

"Insane testimonials from Gotti supporters at the end are as close as this shitshow will ever get to good reviews."

Holy poo poo

Wait really? Lol

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
He'll always be the Bubble Boy to me.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cubone posted:

isn't travolta famous for having multiple career resurgences?

like he was welcome back kotter, then saturday night fever/grease/carrie, then look who's talking, then pulp fiction (which led into get shorty/broken arrow/michael/faceoff/swordfish/phenomenon), then wild hogs if you're a dad/hairspray if you're gay, then a couple years ago he was robert shapiro with a hosed up face in the o.j. show with a bunch of other formerly famous people like cuba gooding jr and ross from friends

not that I'm expecting this to be another comeback but I wasn't expecting 4:44 either. most solo artists have one good rap album in them, turns out j had 7. so yeah this will probably suck, who even is director kevin connolly?, but I wouldn't count travolta out just yet, he's probably got one more good rap album in him, and I'm not just saying that because I met him in the gym at 2am and he gave me a massage. boy this post was all over the place

Holy poo poo counting wild hogs. That movie was only spared the title of the worst movie I saw in 2007 by the fact Norbit came out the same year. It was so insanely bad.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nurge posted:

Holy poo poo counting wild hogs. That movie was only spared the title of the worst movie I saw in 2007 by the fact Norbit came out the same year. It was so insanely bad.

Which wild trickster spirit convinced you to see Norbit? Loki? Coyote?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

hairspray lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Arrhythmia posted:

Which wild trickster spirit convinced you to see Norbit? Loki? Coyote?

I had a lot of time on my hands during the days back then and saw pretty much every movie that hit theaters that year. I think norbit was actually the only movie I walked out of during because I couldn't deal with it any more.

• Locked thread