Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
Did cool 3d world make this scrublords?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
That loving ending:psyboom:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
What the gently caress did I just watch? :psyduck:

Edit: I don't think I've ever laughed harder than I did when they realized the were each controlling both characters. Like, I'm having trouble articulating what even happened there because I don't think that's ever happened before.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 16, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch? :psyduck:

Edit: I don't think I've ever laughed harder than I did when they realized the were each controlling both characters. Like, I'm having trouble articulating what even happened there because I don't think that's ever happened before.

welp, i'm not skipping today's scrublords after all then

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
The meth-analogue in detroit, like most depictions of hard drug use in media, is just there as a morality prop to make sure you know he's evil, like being old and fat and smelly.

If it's anything like actual ice as the name suggests, Todd's getting loving ripped off to be that un-hype scarcely 5 minutes after smoking it.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

There are no good overweight people in Cage games. It's loving weird. You can start calling story beats based on appearances alone.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
David "subtlety" cage, who also is changing his first and last names to "subtlety" in case you miss it

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Shelby was the real hero of Heavy Rain :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

WHAT DID SHE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN SHE PRESSED THE BUTTON PROMPT HOVERING DIRECTLY OVER THE GUN AIMED AT MAN

Why would they put a button on screen that you're not supposed to press though? :confused:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Don't the prompts the entire rest of the game generally indicate what they're for? Like a prompt on a doorknob, etc?

Clearly, this L1 prompt on the gun barrel means to lower the gun

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

To be fair that's kinda the issue with these movie games where any button can do a million different things. In calmer moments you can usually intuit what a button prompt does, but the higher the intensity the quicker you go "oh poo poo the guy has a gun, there's an R1 prompt floating on the screen, better press that poo poo ASAP!" before you register that this time R1 is the shoot button.

It seems even Cage, or someone reigning him in at least, acknowledged that that's a problem, because most if not all prompts in Detroit come with subtitles over them to tell you what they do, and quick high intensity choices are clearly labelled "pick one of these" choices.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

It looks like chips and salsa are the hit sparks but I think it's meant to be chunks of bone, mainly the top of the skull. Just thousands of foreheads flying out.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

re: Detroit 12 Its amazing how a good actor can take a line as hackneyed as "I kill myself slowly because I'm too afraid to do it quickly," and make it hit. That whole scene is one of my favorites in the game so far despite the heaping pile of cliche, and I put it down entirely to the performances turning chicken poo poo into chicken salad

Also the fact that the Best Friends were apparently a very real factor in Metal Wolf XD makes me wonder just how much they personally moved the needle on the Yakuza series with their playthrough of 5 and Pat signal boosting it on the podcast. Seems like that was the precursor to a LOT of the play the series got on Youtube, just saying...

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
The comments about the comments made by Connor's actor are somehow, for me, the starkest example of David Cage not understanding human emotion.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Connor's actor is actually a really cool dude, he's did a stream of playing the game with his GF (who is also in the game) and he talks about certain scenes and how he improv'd them.

Suffice to say, goddamn I'm glad he did because Cage sucks.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 16, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Connor's actor is actually a really cool dude, he's did a stream of playing the game with his GF (who is also in the game) and he talks about certain scenes and how he improv'd them.

Along those lines, here's someone doing an LP of the game with their little sister.

Who is Valorie Curry. Who plays Kara. And might be to blame for the game being made in fact, according to their OP.

quote:

In fact, the popularity of the Kara tech demo (also starring Valorie) is the reason why Detroit: Become Human got made at all. So this whole thing is arguably her fault. Anyway, she'll be joining me for the first episode, as well as whatever episodes she has time to record with me.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859987

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo.

Also God of war episode is out. Pat is gonna pat.

He offscreen grind, and all his STRENGTH went up.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 16, 2018

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shindragon posted:

Holy poo poo.

That grinding is gonna make the final boss a complete joke. Even on hard mode he'd curbstomp it with those stats.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I didn't even know you could grind anything besides money and XP in this game!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Haven't watched it yet but I asssume he went and did the optional side dungeon Nifleheim, like he did with Muspelheim earlier in the LP, both have special armors you can get

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Shindragon posted:

Holy poo poo.

That Tekken 7 Finish Clash on the second attempt was the hypest poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Woolie's dive into power level talk with "how can the valkyries be superbosses that means they'd have to be stronger than odin!!" in the latest GoW episode makes me realize he's the most anime poisoned person on the planet

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Woolie's dive into power level talk with "how can the valkyries be superbosses that means they'd have to be stronger than odin!!" in the latest GoW episode makes me realize he's the most anime poisoned person on the planet

It's also stupid because Odin is explicitly not the strongest of the gods, so double who cares.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hoobajoo posted:

It's also stupid because Odin is explicitly not the strongest of the gods, so double who cares.

The game - and real life mythology - puts such a big focus on "Odin is a master manipulator not a big strong guy" that I don't know how Woolie missed it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie was disgusted during the mkx lp because jax beat lu kang.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
to put it into Matt terms, the Aesir are Mad Gear and Odin is a guy in a wheelchair with a machine gun

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Indecisive posted:

Haven't watched it yet but I asssume he went and did the optional side dungeon Nifleheim, like he did with Muspelheim earlier in the LP, both have special armors you can get

He did the Valkyries off screen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Blockhouse posted:

The game - and real life mythology - puts such a big focus on "Odin is a master manipulator not a big strong guy" that I don't know how Woolie missed it

Oh whoops. That's the impression I got, since it's God of War and also Marvel influence since I don't know mythology beyond the super well known ones like Loki turning into a horse and Zeus loving everything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thor for example is explicitly stronger then Odin for example.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Odin's ravens are literally named 'Thought' and 'Mind' and are his eyes and ears, Odin's a big tough guy as the gods are but he's the spymaster and planhaver more than a Big McLargeHuge.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You would think he (Woolie) remember that because so far all stories that they came across that involve killing GIANTS or any other god is Thor. And yeah Woolie taking down the Valkriyes like they were just employees made me go.

DO you even know what goddamn Valkriyes are? Pat's only doing well because he has it on easy mode, anything higher and he would be getting murdered.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

On Woolie being able to go to YouTube to make sure he didn't miss any conversations:

Pat: "But, we're YouTube!"

Matt: "But like, better channels."

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Blockhouse posted:

Odin is a guy in a wheelchair with a machine gun

So basically Harman Smith?

Does that mean Loki is Kun Lan?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So basically Harman Smith?

Does that mean Loki is Kun Lan?

...will that mean Kratos is Garcian?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Oh whoops. That's the impression I got, since it's God of War and also Marvel influence since I don't know mythology beyond the super well known ones like Loki turning into a horse and Zeus loving everything.

I don't know what's funnier, that Loki technically is a mom because he turned into a mare to seduce a horse, and the horse hosed him for like a whole day, and then later a baby shot out, or that he did all that just to scam a free wall out of a guy. Norse mythology is amazing

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Anime can totally process the concept of a boss weaker than the others!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the weirdest throughline here is actually them complaining about how everything tends to happen because Odin and Thor are assholes

yeah no poo poo

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

the weirdest throughline here is actually them complaining about how everything tends to happen because Odin and Thor are assholes

yeah no poo poo

"poo poo got hosed because Odin/Loki/Thor did some poo poo" is like, 90% of the Prose Edda.

Also, has God of War really positioned the valkyries as super awesome warriors? They're not really that in the myths, they're psychopomps who take the righteous dead to Valhalla, being badasses is a secondary role for them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aw, bummer that woolie got spoiled right before the end. At least matt and pat didn't.

Edit: "oh hey guys there was one more upgrade I got that I forgot to tell you about..."

TIIIIIIME STOOOOOOP

"AAAAAAAAHHHH !"

:allears:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So we’ve got Kratos, Atreus, Mimir, that one dwarf who got sealed into a ring, and now Ratatoskr. Anyone else who’s at least technically alive and traveling with our heroes?