Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So I've picked up a bunch of 4+ weapons from that second last map.

But I finding they're not that useful on the master quest map because I'm locked into specific weapons.

Do you still get locked into the weapon types on the other 4+ ones on things like the termina map?

Like can I use the 4+ fire rod for link to unlock the 4+ epona, which I then use to get the lv 3 epona?

Or is it easier to just try and cheese all the missions with a second player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I got this on 3DS and it was kinda neat, never had played a Warriors game before. Tempted to upgrade to this and sell my 3DS copy since I never use the thing anymore. Did they change a lot? I didn't get that far, but Linkle was by far the best thing about the game.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I didn't have the 3DS version but I believe it's mostly the same. The real benefits are that it includes all DLC in the package, whether it was WiiU, 3DS or amiibo exclusive and it changes the Adventure mode A-rank requirements to be much less strict. Also, 1080p and up to 60 fps docked. Game still good, but now it's even better.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The biggest change from the 3ds version is probably that it actually runs decently well and it can render more than 10 enemies on the screen at once :pram:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Your Computer posted:

The biggest change from the 3ds version is probably that it actually runs decently well and it can render more than 10 enemies on the screen at once :pram:

On the New 3DS it could handle about 30, but yeah that was the big selling point.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Kin posted:

But I finding they're not that useful on the master quest map because I'm locked into specific weapons.

Do you still get locked into the weapon types on the other 4+ ones on things like the termina map?

Like can I use the 4+ fire rod for link to unlock the 4+ epona, which I then use to get the lv 3 epona?

Everything above Lv. 2 Weapons locks you to that particular weapon. Usually. Some missions that now has Lv. 4+ weapons did not have requirements (or in some cases were restricted to a different character) in the Legends version of this, and those requirements are still there (a decent amount of 4+ weapon missions still let you take along a second character who can be any of the peeps you got a Lv. 4+ weapon for).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Fuzz posted:

I got this on 3DS and it was kinda neat, never had played a Warriors game before. Tempted to upgrade to this and sell my 3DS copy since I never use the thing anymore. Did they change a lot? I didn't get that far, but Linkle was by far the best thing about the game.

In addition to what other folks mentioned, you can now straight up buy Item Cards in Adventure mode, provided you've picked up that particular item at least once. This is a huge QoL change and it makes Adventure Mode WAY more straight forward.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kin posted:

It isn't at all consistent, sometimes you have to use that weapon, sometimes you can use any of the character's weapons, sometimes you can bring multiple characters...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it bad I will take the long route to get a adventure map section if a mandatory Fi only map is in the way?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rirse posted:

Is it bad I will take the long route to get a adventure map section if a mandatory Fi only map is in the way?

NOT AT ALL

My little brother is visiting and while I claim I'm doing some brotherly bonding over the vidya, I secretly want him to play an OP character during character only maps.

It made going west in the first adventure map cause they really loving like Fi there.

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 17, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Somebody explain to me:

- What does King Daphnes' meter do?

- How does the Dominion Rod work it's confusing as hell

- Is the Spinner amazing? It seemed awesome the one time I used it.

- Is the horse terrible? Because it seems impossibly complicated and weird.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I haven't quite figured out the others yet, but for this one: Combo 1 fills it and it depletes over time. His attacks are faster when there's meter left and slower when it's empty.

In general, if you go to Warrior Info > Check Combos you'll get a brief description of the character's main gimmick.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You should also check out the GamesBrained videos on the different characters/weapons if you want some in-depth explanations. Guy's made literally hundreds of videos on everything about Hyrule Warriors and he's currently re-doing his weapon tutorials with better footage and some corrections.

here's the old playlist with all the tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK4JVNTZQZJAiyI0bE-pbphZroNzBEYGx

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

As far as I can tell, King Daphnes's meter is simply an attack speed buff you can apply any time you want, kind of like Cia's darkness buff.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

It isn't at all consistent, sometimes you have to use that weapon, sometimes you can use any of the character's weapons, sometimes you can bring multiple characters...

Welp, cheesing the split screen it is then. Though I've seen it have a knock on effect on the number of enemies that show up making the ko target harder.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Somebody explain to me:

- How does the Dominion Rod work it's confusing as hell

- Is the Spinner amazing? It seemed awesome the one time I used it.

- Is the horse terrible? Because it seems impossibly complicated and weird.

- It gives him an attack speed buff. You want to keep it up all the time when you don't have Hasty Attacks and not touch it except for when whittling down Boss WPGs when you do have Hasty Attacks.

- C1 can summon one of the two statues randomly and a summoned statue will affect your attack string (hammer statue is based around focused damage, owl statue damages things all around you), C2 and C5 always summons and refreshes the owl statue, C3 and C4 always summons and refreshes the hammer statue, and C6 does not refresh any of the statues but is your usual combo ender and your highest damage dealer. You want to have a statue around when fighting enemies.

- It's pretty great, competing with the Gauntlets for the second best lightning weapon (best being Yuga's Picture Frame).

- Horse is on the lower end of Link's weapons, but someone who knows it well can make good use of it. It is also Link's easiest Light option for taking Ganon's WPG from full to 0, requiring only leading with C5, then doing another C5 (the only other weapon in Link's arsenal that can take Ganon's WPG from full to 0 is the aforementioned Spinner, Master Sword can also do it, but requires full HP).

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Why does volga need less kills to go to the next bonus in focus mode? He only seems to need 20 40 60 80 100 instead of 25 50 75 100 130

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

How do I make the most of Ruto? All of her moves take forever and can't be dodge canceled, and her light combo feels like total trash.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dad Jokes posted:

How do I make the most of Ruto? All of her moves take forever and can't be dodge canceled, and her light combo feels like total trash.

You use literally anyone else.

C2 to break gauges, C...5? 6? to wipe out mooks / bases. The one that has her form a massively wide wave.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

tithin posted:

You use literally anyone else.

C2 to break gauges, C...5? 6? to wipe out mooks / bases. The one that has her form a massively wide wave.

Wave is C6 I think.

For Giant Bosses, just do her regular attack string to break gauges.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Her C1 with her meter full is great against generals.

And yeah her regular attack string shreds giant bosses' WPG's. I like using her a lot, actually.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ruto is a pain in the rear end but she actually seems pretty strong if you can get going with her.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ruto is weird because of how many of her moves can't be cancelled. Just destroy everyone with waves. C3 to charge in, C6 to hit hard, basic string to hit bosses, C1 to snipe generals.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Fun Fact:

Blitzing to Linkle's Level 4+ Crossbows at level 36 with only tier 1 unlocked does not end well. Got there but can't do near enough damage to get an A rank on time. Guess I gotta grind out skulltullas until I can use the item power up apothecary potion.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 19, 2018

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You could also just dump a ton of rupees on levels if you got them. That was usually my solution when I came up short on time in situations like those.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Oxyclean posted:

You could also just dump a ton of rupees on levels if you got them. That was usually my solution when I came up short on time in situations like those.

My highest level character is Link at 50. I went straight to the crossbows after Legend mode, Linkle!crossbows and Link!Spinner are my two weapons of choice. It was kinda fun finding the requirements to get there - unlocking Ravio, then unlocking Medli in the Wind Waker map to unlock Yuga to get to the 4+ square. In the previous versions I did the maps in order, not progressing until the previous map was full cleared, with the exception of getting the 4+ crossbows off Lorule once I had the Master Sword unsealed. Bouncing between them is a lot more fun.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 19, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I just got myself to 90 skulltulas by doing major cleanup on the Adventure and Great Sea Maps. I guess I'll do Master Quest next to get L3 weapons for people, unless I start jumping around to get L4s.

Speaking of higher weapons though, what's a + weapon? Like, I'm not talking about a 4+ weapon; I unlocked Sheik's 4+ and got a "Triforce Harp +" to drop that has something like 550 damage on it. But I also had a 5* Triforce Harp drop for me that only had 420 damage. Is the Triforce Harp + the L4 weapon? I'm just curious since these things started dropping suddenly after getting the 4+ and I assume it means that getting a higher one like 4+ sort of unlocks the L3 and L4 weapons below it.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

FPzero posted:

I just got myself to 90 skulltulas by doing major cleanup on the Adventure and Great Sea Maps. I guess I'll do Master Quest next to get L3 weapons for people, unless I start jumping around to get L4s.

Speaking of higher weapons though, what's a + weapon? Like, I'm not talking about a 4+ weapon; I unlocked Sheik's 4+ and got a "Triforce Harp +" to drop that has something like 550 damage on it. But I also had a 5* Triforce Harp drop for me that only had 420 damage. Is the Triforce Harp + the L4 weapon? I'm just curious since these things started dropping suddenly after getting the 4+ and I assume it means that getting a higher one like 4+ sort of unlocks the L3 and L4 weapons below it.

Triforce Harp+ is the level 4 weapon. The 4+ weapons have different names. For example, Linkle's level 4 is Legendary Crossbows+, and her 4+ is Luminous Crossbows. The + weapons have the same attack stat as the level 4 weapons but have two elements.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks, that clears things up a lot.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Give me a 5 star 4+ weapon already game so I can sell all my weapons instead of hoarding them :byodood:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Oh, I forgot about helping friends on the WiiU version. Is that not on this one (or maybe I don't have any friends with this game on Switch)?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm trying to get to the final squares in the middle of the Wind Waker adventure map and man oh man is that Phantom Gannon level insane. The one with the messengers. A million officers attacking the three Messengers, then the boss, then loving Phantom Ganon like drat dude the hell are you supposed to finish that in 15 minutes? I might come back after I've unlocked more stuff.

Should I jump ahead to unlock the other characters/weapons so I can get the 10k skill on the Master Sword? Or will that be absurdly difficult? All my guys have lv 2 weapons and are around lv 40 except Link who is like lv70.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I'm trying to get to the final squares in the middle of the Wind Waker adventure map and man oh man is that Phantom Gannon level insane. The one with the messengers. A million officers attacking the three Messengers, then the boss, then loving Phantom Ganon like drat dude the hell are you supposed to finish that in 15 minutes? I might come back after I've unlocked more stuff.

Should I jump ahead to unlock the other characters/weapons so I can get the 10k skill on the Master Sword? Or will that be absurdly difficult? All my guys have lv 2 weapons and are around lv 40 except Link who is like lv70.

I just ate the B rank on the stage and plan to come back for the A later on. My Link is level 85 or so and couldn't take him down fast enough.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I pulled this off pretty easily with Sheik and her lvl4+ and she was probably over lvl100 because I just abuse her for nearly every fuckin map because Sheik is the best

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
If you're looking for some 4+ weapons, get to abusing golden trains on the Grand Travels map. Dupe them with the rocket stones and enjoy playing through all the unlock stages with your favorite high-level warriors!

I passed 150 with Marin the other day :gonk:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Got a 4+ for Linkle. Whats the best way to get a 5 star version? I slapped slots and stars onto the freebie.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Leal posted:

Got a 4+ for Linkle. Whats the best way to get a 5 star version? I slapped slots and stars onto the freebie.

If you replay that mission and unlock the weapon again, it will give you a random drop of that weapon, but instead of being a baseline one, it can be any number of stars. So you can just run that mission over and over and slowly go mad.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Bah, after the slog of the master quest map having to chug through loads of missions to get to the last couple of dlc level 3 weapons is like a kick in the balls.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Leal posted:

That's half the work done. The rest requires a Weapon Rank mixture (preferably Weapon Rank III though the lesser ones will do if you don't have that one yet) and battling on a red square, preferably somewhere that drops a lot of weapons, and on a mission that does not take a lot of time.

I'll note that I have been using Lorule missions for this. Any of the divisive missions on the Lorule Map featuring Yuga (the recommended one), Wizzro (:suicide:), and Cia work well, but any red square mission will work (though red square missions belonging to maps of higher difficulty work better).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Can somebody explain to me exactly what recommended element does? Besides trigger the defensive badge buffs. Does it mean those elemental weapons do more damage on that stage?

Edit: also I unlocked every character/lv 1 weapon, is there anything else I have to do to get the master sword's 10k skill to unlock besides kill 10k dudes?

Wait it's every weapon lv 3 and below? What the fuuuuuuuuck

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 24, 2018