Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's a lot of trolling right now because of free weekends and UBISoft giving the starter edition out. Constant team killing will only get you banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I realized you were new to the game but I didn't realize you were new to the internet

Edit: Welcome friend we have such sights to show you

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I haven't been intentionally team killed in like a year

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Empress Brosephine posted:

As a new player why is there so many team killing? Is it people trying to rank down to get easy wins?

Get in the Discord or Chugging the Stairs and go for a free carry to the sweaty side of the game. We'll teach you slightly less bad habits than the average newbie pubbies will.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Penpal posted:

I haven't been intentionally team killed in like a year
Mine was yesterday for making a murder hole/Alibi bait.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I still see teamkills on the opposing team once every 10 games or so, but I can't recall the last time anyone on a team I was on was intentionally TKed.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Why should I ever play anyone other than Buck, and why is it Fuze?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Mira, because she's amazing and on defenders

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Fuze isn't as insanely strong of a pick as he used to be once they added some granularity into the explosives. 5 pucks per charge and 3 charges made him a hostage killing machine when it's only miss or dead, no injures (beyond armor plates, anyways)

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I got teamkilled because I didn't take any attachments on alibi and said it was so I could pretend to be a prisma. Some people just don't appreciate next level gameplay playing for laughs :argh:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Fuze isn't as insanely strong of a pick as he used to be once they added some granularity into the explosives. 5 pucks per charge and 3 charges made him a hostage killing machine when it's only miss or dead, no injures (beyond armor plates, anyways)

He still rules. Especially when the other team picks Castle.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Flipswitch posted:

Mine was yesterday for making a murder hole/Alibi bait.

mine was yesterday for trying to reinforce a wall that a mira didn’t want reinforced

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a site for best “builds” for characters? That might be too inside baseball lol.

Also I’ll stop asking dumb questions but how does discord work with Xbox? Or is it a way to find other goons in Xbox?

I love this game :3

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nothing in video games beats the feel of a three mat Frost game. Play Frost.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Orv posted:

Nothing in video games beats the feel of a three mat Frost game. Play Frost.

The last kill of the game *thunk* noise that everyone has to watch is incredible every single time.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Is there a site for best “builds” for characters? That might be too inside baseball lol.

Also I’ll stop asking dumb questions but how does discord work with Xbox? Or is it a way to find other goons in Xbox?

There's weapon attachment guides out there. I've actually really wanted to make a site or app with builds and team compositions.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the most recent one that was posted on reddit goes through every gun

more often than not the compensator is actually the best which was surprising

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Not really, there are a number of analysis videos on what attachments should be used and such (Rogue-9 is quite popular), but it largely come down to how things feel.

Personally, most of my guns have flash hiders (single shots get muzzle breaks, and a few automatic weapons get compensators). Never use long barrels, they are not worth it. Sights wise it comes down to preference, reflex sights tend to be best in my experience purely because they don't block sightlights as much. Shotguns benefit the most from laser sights, but other than that I can't stand them, as they can reveal your location and don't offer enough benefit to outweigh that cost.

As for particular weapon choices, that can't be easily summarized here, but most of the time there is usually an obvious choice. You can always ask in here for opinions on what to use in those cases where is isn't clear. Secondary gadgets are very operator and map dependent, but there usually isn't any explicitly bad choices.

As a new player why is there so many team killing? Is it people trying to rank down to get easy wins?

This happens a lot in lower levels because some accounts are smurfs or people screwing around, or are not familiar with the consequences for doing so, and sometimes they are simply people not paying attention to their hud (this happens regardless but especially with newer players).

My "favorite" thing to be subjected to is someone joining a team, picking cav, downing the entire team and then leaving the match. Always "fun".

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I got tked the other day cos I fused a duded in the previous round. But like, don't breach into my fuse room m8 :colbert:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 17, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I know Tumble and I are on Xbox and while I suck super hard he's a solid teammate. But if you need someone ok at callouts while dead I'm your dude.

If you pm me your gamertage or post it here I'll send you an invite though I run invisible a lot.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Compensator on anything with a ridiculous RPM like vector/smg-11 & 12/bearing for mag dumping

Flash hider on dmr's or if you're running around and going for the headshot evry tim

I have laser sights on pretty much every weapon because they look dope, same with silencers on secondaries

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Penpal posted:

Compensator on anything with a ridiculous RPM like vector/smg-11 & 12/bearing for mag dumping

Flash hider on dmr's or if you're running around and going for the headshot evry tim

I have laser sights on pretty much every weapon because they look dope, same with silencers on secondaries

For the love of everything that is holy please don't use Flash Hiders on DMRs, use Muzzle Breaks.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
SILENCERS ON EVEERRYYYTHHHING

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

はい

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I was TKd recently because I TKd someone that followed me around and destroyed my kapkan traps , apparently because I barricaded the wrong wall.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

For the love of everything that is holy please don't use Flash Hiders on DMRs, use Muzzle Breaks.

lol this

ZeusCannon posted:

but also this

the biggest exception is that ash's R4 flash hider > compensator because the kick between the first and 2nd shot is nuts. but if you're playing ash instead of hibana or zofia you got bigger problems

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/a6sou

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

https://streamable.com/h8p8d

and in this tiny clip I knife three lil' babies in like 4 seconds. Gonna ride that rush for like two weeks minimum

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
This is your casual reminder that the tooltips lie, and the gun attachments don't do what they imply. It's nothing more than one does horizontal recoil, one does vertical, and one does a mix of the two.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i'm pretty sure silencers have zero effect on recoil

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Thief posted:

i'm pretty sure silencers have zero effect on recoil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxAMncgVC_4

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

For those that don't want to watch the 11 minute video: having a silencer (or an extended barrel) is the same as having nothing as far as recoil is concerned

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

be advised intel suggests silencers are cool and good for all the best reasons

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

There aren't many tutorial videos I don't slap that 2x speed on, but yeah, there is no threat indicator when being shot at with a silencer, there is still a hit indicator, and the bullet trail is barely visible and there is no muzzle flash

That's pretty much the entire video

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
But where do I share, like and subscribe?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

jyrque posted:

But where do I share, like and subscribe?

Down the hall past the room full of audible.com copy. There is a Cav waiting for you there. And a Hot Saucerman

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 18, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I keep going from having no kills in a round to 3 or 4. I think I need to work on my positioning more. I feel I'm almost ready for ranked.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Agoat posted:

I keep going from having no kills in a round to 3 or 4. I think I need to work on my positioning more. I feel I'm almost ready for ranked.

u should just start playing Ranked as soon as u can once you've got basics down imo...ppl in Casual kinda already play like psychos so you'll have to relearn some stuff just 4 (in my experience) the different pace of Ranked
If any1 complains simply play DukeNukemBlowItOutYourAss.wav & you'll b efine

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Maestro make defending some previously tough points easier now.
Like consulate lobby, good luck planting from the main door with 2 Black Eye and 2 Yokai in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
dokkaebi is so useful now w/ the 600 different cameras defenders have