Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I distinctly remember at the time Teen Titans got a bad rep because it was too silly and didn't take the source material seriously, on top of the anime style being very disliked. Kinda funny how all these years later Teen Titans Go gets the same sorta treatment when it's basically just taking all the goofy episodes from the original Teen Titans and going completely into that side of it.

I think I like Teen Titans Go more than the original now, simply because it has an episode where Cyborg plays an 80's rock song for basically the entire runtime. They even did a 5 parter episode for it later down the road and it is just fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I don't see why we couldn't have both.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

FoldableHuman posted:

WB used the show for a few inexplicable promotions for Batman Vs. Superman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnvy55OaEvs

I remember this. Taco Bell at the time was holding a contest where You could win the Batmobile from Batman Forever.

They made a whole episode around Drew winning it, and then losing it because WB found out he had sex in it.

Edit: Also, I think I said this before, but I'm seeing a lot of the hate at TTGO more because it's all CN shows now. Meanwhile even getting reruns of other shows like Steven Universe is super rare.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
CN does seem to be mostly terrible liveaction shows and TT:Go lately.

Station decay hit them hard.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Whats wrong with having sex in the batmobile

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Mokinokaro posted:

CN does seem to be mostly terrible liveaction shows and TT:Go lately.

Station decay hit them hard.

I haven't seen any liveaction stuff on CN.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

khwarezm posted:

I haven't seen any liveaction stuff on CN.

The Canadian one seems to like throwing in random kid reality TV shows and YouTube idiots.

Though it still is apparently mostly reruns of their shows.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Asuron posted:

I distinctly remember at the time Teen Titans got a bad rep because it was too silly and didn't take the source material seriously, on top of the anime style being very disliked. Kinda funny how all these years later Teen Titans Go gets the same sorta treatment when it's basically just taking all the goofy episodes from the original Teen Titans and going completely into that side of it.

Yeah, I spent the whole debate confused about this mythical Serious Teen Titans show, since from the bits I saw when it was out, it was basically every "let's ape that popular Japanimation stuff without understanding the different tropes" show ever. I don't know if I missed the serious stuff or what, because the stuff I saw was shallow as all get out.

Then again, internet fanboys also hyped My Little Pony for its depth and drama, so the likeliest conclusion is "Dudes have never consumed anything intended for not-children."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BigRed0427 posted:

Edit: Also, I think I said this before, but I'm seeing a lot of the hate at TTGO more because it's all CN shows now. Meanwhile even getting reruns of other shows like Steven Universe is super rare.

That's exactly it, it's a spread of some people hating the full monkey cheese comedy shtick it is now and some people hating it because it's actually devouring the network.

This was a real schedule one time and a lot of the ongoing schedules are basically more of this but not as extreme.

Then pair TTGO's insane oversaturation with CN horribly starving out other shows (Like SU) and it makes even more people mad at the show in a "Guess we gotta make room for more more TTGO instead" way.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 17, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mokinokaro posted:

The Canadian one seems to like throwing in random kid reality TV shows and YouTube idiots.

Though it still is apparently mostly reruns of their shows.

Just watch Teletoon if you're in Canada rather than CN. YTV got stuck with bad live action shows (and a lot of anime surprisingly), but Teletoon is pretty good for letting you go from cartoon network shows to DCAU shows to Archer and Futurama reruns.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

What the christ?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Just watch Teletoon if you're in Canada rather than CN. YTV got stuck with bad live action shows (and a lot of anime surprisingly), but Teletoon is pretty good for letting you go from cartoon network shows to DCAU shows to Archer and Futurama reruns.

Oh I know. I'm sure Teletoon is part of the reason Canadian CN sucks.

Also that schedule reminds me that CN has been sitting on an Adventure Time finale for at least six months.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The biggest problem with CN right now is that they have way too many cartoons aimed at 3-8 year olds and not really anything for 9-14 year old kids like they used to with Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, Justice League, and Megas XLR.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

lobster22221 posted:

What the christ?

CN has two plans for your show, play giant unrelenting bricks of it so everyone gets tired of it or play none of it and frustrate people who like it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Roth posted:

The biggest problem with CN right now is that they have way too many cartoons aimed at 3-8 year olds and not really anything for 9-14 year old kids like they used to with Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, Justice League, and Megas XLR.

I would say Steven Universe and Adventure Time count for that demographic though?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

I would say Steven Universe and Adventure Time count for that demographic though?

I was gonna say this too, SU and AT do a lot of work in that age range, but Adventure Time is all but dust at this point and CN throws you barely a couple new episodes of Steven Universe every 3-4 months at best.

Mokinokaro posted:

The thing is the 9-14 year old demographic watches stuff mostly on demand and are also the primary YouTube/Twitch demographic.

True but the problem is that the channel makes the rules for CN's shows, so until they get over their obsession with the current "All one show, all the time" subject, you're not getting regular new episodes of [Other Show] any time soon.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 17, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The thing is the 9-14 year old demographic watches stuff mostly on demand and are also the primary YouTube/Twitch demographic.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

I was gonna say this too, SU and AT do a lot of work in that age range, but Adventure Time is all but dust at this point and CN throws you barely a couple new episodes of Steven Universe every 3-4 months at best.

True but the problem is that the channel makes the rules for CN's shows, so until they get over their obsession with the current "All one show, all the time" subject, you're not getting regular new episodes of [Other Show] any time soon.

What happened to all the other shows CN had going. I know they lost the Regular Show/ Adventure block they setup, but I thought there was a roster of other stuff they could put on to fill in the gaps ( We Bare Bears, Ninjago or whatever it is,etc).

I didn't expect them to pull a Nickolodeon and just cram nothing but Spongebob and Dan Schnieder shows into every slot possible.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, they do make shows for that age range that are shown on Cartoon Hangover and that just got it's own service. Cartoon Hangover also basically does nothing but try out new shows. You can't fault them for not pandering to a segment that doesn't benefit them and are (lol) childishly demanding.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

Yeah, they do make shows for that age range that are shown on Cartoon Hangover and that just got it's own service. Cartoon Hangover also basically does nothing but try out new shows. You can't fault them for not pandering to a segment that doesn't benefit them and are (lol) childishly demanding.

I. Don’t think the 9-14 year olds are the ones screaming on the Internet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

I definitely do.

maybe not about that topic but otherwise yes

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

The majority of people screaming about the content aimed at that age group are indeed not that age.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sarcopenia posted:

The majority of people screaming about the content aimed at that age group are indeed not that age.

this. most of the people screaming online about cartoons are early 20s to mid/late 30s who want to be kids again or view cartoons as the end all be all of poo poo. they are mostly less mentaly ill versions of this poor gently caress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgHftsimpc4&t

least that i have seen. kids like my cousin don't give a poo poo about any of this poo poo. they are happy playing lovely knock off games on their ipads or five nights at freddys.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Actual news to me: Cartoon Network has an on-demand app I didn't know existed until today.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

This month's episodes of Nick Knacks looks at the double feature of Adventures in Rainbow Country and Matt and Jenny, both Canadian wilderness adventure shows created by the same people that aired on Nickelodeon between 1981 and 1983.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh poo poo, years after SF Debris first looked at War in the Pocket, he has finally gotten around to watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Ross made an update video.

Summary: There's still mold in the house, Ross has a loud enough voice that homemade soundproofing doesn't work, we might get a 4th of July Game Dungeon since he got the temporary living room setup to work (everything else is still on hold), he has some faith in the renovation (but a new crack appeared), someone with real estate knowlege in this thread please elaborate more on Ross' renting situation.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Good a time as any to post these.

Ross's Game Dungeon: Armed & Delirious (1 of 2) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRCzIj9QEo
Ross's Game Dungeon: Armed & Delirious (2 of 2) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBiZjo186Q

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Definitely seconding that recommendation. That game still stands as one of the most insane Ross has covered in his Game Dungeon series, which is saying something.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Even in the heyday of weird-rear end adventure games, when Phantasmagoria and Gabriel Knight 2 were raking in glowing reviews, Armed and Delirious was still considered to be capital-b Bonkers.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I'm really glad Ross turned out to be the harmless sort of crazy conspiracy guy who blames legitimately bad people for the world's woes, rather than the racist kind.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
When I saw that the new Trainwreckords would be Oasis' "Be Here Now" I was psyched and boy does it deliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg0FumbR4AU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

ElNarez posted:

When I saw that the new Trainwreckords would be Oasis' "Be Here Now" I was psyched and boy does it deliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg0FumbR4AU

But Kim Justice already did one

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Which car review channel is best car review channel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqS2RLdTp8

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Another Dirty Room is back, baby.

rvm
May 6, 2013
The Worst World Cup Match In History or "Let Them Kiss" from SBNation.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
kiwami japan - sharpest Cardboard kitchen knife in the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvo86AHovFc

Faceless and voiceless, this guy makes knives.

Please do yourselves a favor and browse his other videos. Hope you like pasta, chocolate and jello.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This series has benefited greatly from the decision to focus more on the actual events they're covering than whatever else was happening in pop culture at the time.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

kiwami japan - sharpest Cardboard kitchen knife in the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvo86AHovFc

Please do yourselves a favor and browse his other videos. Hope you like pasta, chocolate and jello.

At last some quality content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

MariusLecter posted:

I haven't watched whatever this is but the title reminded me of this video where a dude makes an axe entirely out of bronze and then, when he's testing it at the end, hacks his shin open because he's waving a solid bronze hatchet around with one hand and operating a camcorder with the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjQCrL8moqw

Uh, warning for a dude hacking his own shin open, I guess.