Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

raditts posted:

Yeah, I can get to the fifth phase pretty consistently, just that every goddamn time he breaks my armor in like one shot and then starts super jumping and I'm hosed because I can't move fast enough to get out of range.

always stick around the cover, at first i thought i'd get her after she used up her three jumps but she'll still pull off a splashdown every two seconds and that got me a few times. also be sure to keep turfing the area around her as she splashes down cause she'll dodge roll into your ink and thats at least a free hit or two

postin this one again shamelessly:

https://twitter.com/SmilesHimself/status/1007602211206021120

also i drink carrot juice for breakfast so i guess thats like no pulp orange juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I had no problems with Agent 3. did it on my first try. I had more issues with the dumb laser thing before it

e: just beat the vaporwave boss

Dizz fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 17, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I want the Perl solo song as a ring tone.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Dizz posted:

I had no problems with Agent 3. did it on my first try. I had more issues with the dumb laser thing before it

e: just beat the vaporwave boss

You're in for a surprise!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just beat Inner Agent 3 and I am definitely gonna be wearing that pin for awhile.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

For anyone struggling with the defend the orb level, just use the roller. Stand by the spawn points and flick the enemies as soon as they drop.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
be super aggressive against the bonus boss. Rush them down as soon as they're done with their splash down and back then into a corner and unload on them. I tanked through armor breaks from phase 1-3 and just recovered between phases. Also make sure you're turfing so you can swim away to kite bombs if needed.

phase 5 from my perspective: https://youtu.be/d7Y2jett4tI

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dugong posted:

For anyone struggling with the defend the orb level, just use the roller. Stand by the spawn points and flick the enemies as soon as they drop.

This is actually a bad idea, because it's nigh-impossible to undo damage to the Orb with a Roller. You can do it easily enough with the Splattershot until the final push at the 15-10 second mark, and then just ride it out keeping the Orb alive by shooting it.

It's still a terrible, terrible level though.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I had a fairly easy time on the orb defending level just using Octobrush and rushing the Octolings (the second wave of two Octolings can be splatted at once) as soon as they spawn so maybe try that if it's giving you trouble

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What is this clam mode and why does it suck so bad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahah I only just tried Clam Blitz for the first time too and yeah it suuuuuucks. and it took like 3 articles explaining the rules for me to properly understand them

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Lemming posted:

get out of the thread

Escobarbarian posted:

hahah I only just tried Clam Blitz for the first time too and yeah it suuuuuucks. and it took like 3 articles explaining the rules for me to properly understand them

out

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The other modes are good that one is dumb

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tower Control > Rainmaker >> Splat Zones >>>>>>>>>> this clam thing

Although I’m the guy who far prefers Turf War to any of them

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

g0lbez posted:

You're in for a surprise!

ah that's what everyone is bitching about. a boss with all the specials, crazy aiming and inking ability, and those bombs that track you around and god knows how many phases. I only got to the phase after the tenta missiles when i died on the first go. now I can't get back to it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Could we take a moment to appreciate Marina's mspaint skills?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The normal CPU opponents already have ridiculously good accuracy/ability to get around quickly in enemy ink so I can’t imagine how terrible this must be

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

The normal CPU opponents already have ridiculously good accuracy/ability to get around quickly in enemy ink so I can’t imagine how terrible this must be

it's not really that it's any better, but they also have other things that you need to worry about

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

If anything, this is the one thing it doesn't have. Surround it in your ink and it's pretty interrupted.

Also I joined the goons that beat this club a couple hours ago. Love the fight design and concept wise, hate actually playing a gun fight as a roller dude.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm too busy appreciating the absolutely sick bass in that dedf1sh track

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want to know why everything else is simple while Pearl and Eight are VERY DETAILED bishoujo characters. Marina apparently has Priorities.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Crawfish posted:

If anything, this is the one thing it doesn't have. Surround it in your ink and it's pretty interrupted.

Until it dodge rolls three times in a row to get out of it, anyway.

He has haunted my dreams and today I will get my revenge.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I don't see how the devs made that and went "yeah, kids can for sure beat this"

I need a more thought out plan for phase 2, 3, and 5. especially the last one, since I don't really get much time to land enough hits before they can regen

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Marina’s outfit in Octo Expansion owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Clam blitz is a cool idea that needs some adjustment but I don't think it will ever happen at this point

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Clam blitz is a cool idea that needs some adjustment but I don't think it will ever happen at this point

Minor adjustments to how clams interact with specials and jumping, arguably. Otherwise it's good. Yeah, it's a little tougher to understand than the others, but that's because it's more like a real team sport.

Imagine picking up a baseball or football (either) game without knowing the sport at all and deciding after a couple matches that it was stupid because you didn't understand how it worked. Just imagine

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
I'm glad everyone has different stages that really gave them trouble. Mine were "Girl Power Station" (Defend the Orb from Octolings) , and "Gnarly Grindage" (Ride the rails and pop the targets).

For the first one it took me too long to realise I can just splat bomb them as they spawn, and for the second one I insisted on using the Bamboozler. I think that one took at least a dozen tries.

The one where you defend the orb from missiles and zepplins was really easy for me, you just shoot the zeppelins' weak points, and you can blow up multiple missiles by just shooting the orb when they're close, which also heals it.

oh yeah and clam blitz whips rear end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dizz posted:

I need a more thought out plan for phase 2, 3, and 5. especially the last one, since I don't really get much time to land enough hits before they can regen

Nintendo's MO for their games in recent years has been "once post-game rolls around, the kid-gloves are off." Octo Expansion pretty much starts off assuming you've beaten Octo Valley, because it does not show kindness in the slightest on some stages.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
On another note, I cannot hardly wait to see speedruns of this.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Orange juice is just gross sugar water without pulp. What is wrong with you people

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo's MO for their games in recent years has been "once post-game rolls around, the kid-gloves are off." Octo Expansion pretty much starts off assuming you've beaten Octo Valley, because it does not show kindness in the slightest on some stages.

Yeah, in Odyssey everything before Bowser is just the easy tutorial level.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dizz posted:

For phase 2 I just stand in one spot until he starts bubble blowing then I circle around and get him since he can't shoot until he blows all three bubbles, then stick and move for the rest.

Phase 3, the best strategy seems to be just to rush him when he's throwing out auto bombs then fall back and trigger the bombs as safely as possible.

Goodguy3 posted:

On another note, I cannot hardly wait to see speedruns of this.

Yeah, I hope we get a 100% speedrun of this next agdq.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

EightFlyingCars posted:

Let them be who they are, it's cephalopride month

Let the SQUIDS!!!! love who they want!...LOL

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Gonna be frank with this Splatfests choices; if you choose pulp over no pulp there is something physical, quantifiably wrong with you. Like your brain is wired so unpleasant tactile things feel good to you like feeling pulp in your mouth or rubbing your face with sand paper

Wrong opinions itt.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Orange juice with pulp is the most unnecessary poo poo. Like just eat a orange at that point.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
can you imagine getting things stuck in your teeth from a drink?

Imagine what kind of monster wishes for that

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Lemming posted:

I don't know, I think it's great.

https://twitter.com/ElmanSwitch/status/1008403715500326912

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress the haters

https://twitter.com/The_Bloop_Squid/status/972207036367650817?s=19