Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Incessant Excess posted:

Do you guys think they'll be smart and have Roman/Jinder go less than a minute?

I think the real question is what chant will the crowd use: "you both suck", "gently caress this match", or "bathroom break"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Kvantum posted:

I think the real question is what chant will the crowd use: "you both suck", "gently caress this match", or "bathroom break"?

I imagine “CM Punk”

(Or is he cold now due to the UFC fight?)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rhondha nia will be a bad match

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I am looking forward to making salads and desserts for the week while having my first wrestling show in a month on while I am doing so.

What I am saying is I can't wait to make salads

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

No one made a pick 'em, right? I didn't see one.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Incessant Excess posted:

Do you guys think they'll be smart and have Roman/Jinder go less than a minute?

ITLl be like joe/Roman from backlash almost literally repeated

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Oh god no.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
But will it be the spear or the khallas that is the "one xxxx is all it takes!" move this time??

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

oldpainless posted:

Except worse since Joe actually knows how to do a resthold.

I'm giving even odds at something being thrown at the ring during the match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope they have the balls to make it the last match on the show

Bonus points for the GDT, which will slowly dissolve into the realization that "oh god this still hasn't happened yet", like Reigns/Taker all over again

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh I missed wrasslin last night.

At least I can watch ton-hahahahahahaha

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So for some strange reason my buddy is trying to score last minute tickets to MITB tonight, even though we just saw one of the WWE PPV's of the year last night. I keep trying to talk him out of it, but he's seriously about to drop around $200 on what's is sure to be a mostly mediocre PPV.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kvantum posted:

The best thing to do would be for the crowd to turn their backs or leave and be silent. Just imagine droves of fan leaving the arena for a piss break during the wide shots of Roman's entrance.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Jinder vs Roman is going to be a match where they run through first year wrestling school spots until they get to a high spot that Jinder won't take so the Singh brothers will get beat up. It will be 20 minutes probably.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Astro7x posted:

The best thing to do would be for the crowd to turn their backs or leave and be silent. Just imagine droves of fan leaving the arena for a piss break during the wide shots of Roman's entrance.

It wouldn't matter because WWE already got their money.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Jinder is going to win via the other Singh brother returning and it will be a 5 star match.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

IDONTPOST posted:

Jinder is going to win via the other Singh brother returning and it will be a 5 star match.

He should return to help Roman so we can finally get that Singh vs Singh feud and Wrestlemania main event.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Roman Vs Jinder match will be meticulously laid out by every road agent, move for move, minute for minute, to make sure it's a good match. It'll be surprisingly passable and be brought up as proof that Roman can carry piss poor opponents.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Roman Vs Jinder match will be meticulously laid out by every road agent, move for move, minute for minute, to make sure it's a good match. It'll be surprisingly passable and be brought up as proof that Roman can carry piss poor opponents.

It won't matter cos the crowd will poo poo all over it and it'll seem terrible anyway. Which it will be.

What were they thinking. These 2 guys. With this crowd. They're not this clueless, they can't be

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

They don't care and have 0 reason to.

Example why:

JT Smiley posted:

So for some strange reason my buddy is trying to score last minute tickets to MITB tonight, even though we just saw one of the WWE PPV's of the year last night. I keep trying to talk him out of it, but he's seriously about to drop around $200 on what's is sure to be a mostly mediocre PPV.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Alan_Shore posted:

It won't matter cos the crowd will poo poo all over it and it'll seem terrible anyway. Which it will be.

What were they thinking. These 2 guys. With this crowd. They're not this clueless, they can't be

It's easy to explain the reaction away on commentary tho, see, Chicago is bizarro land where they boo those they normally cheer and boo those they normally boo!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Incessant Excess posted:

It's easy to explain the reaction away on commentary tho, see, Chicago is bizarro land where they boo those they normally cheer and boo those they normally boo!

chicago, capital of europe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

They're not this clueless, they can't be

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said on Observer Radio Velveteen Dream was on the list of scheduled callups post-Mania and it's possible they held off to get another Takeover match out of him. Now that the match with Ricochet's done and they're still in Chicago this week, it's possible he moves up this week

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Seriously. How have people not figured out yet that WWE don’t know and don’t care what their fans want or think? What will it take?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nikki Cross flew home this morning. Was posted on Instagram.

I am very down on the current WWE product but my non-spoiler preview of MITB is internally it is being viewed as a big one in terms of newsworthy events and if I was on the fence I'd watch it.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said on Observer Radio Velveteen Dream was on the list of scheduled callups post-Mania and it's possible they held off to get another Takeover match out of him. Now that the match with Ricochet's done and they're still in Chicago this week, it's possible he moves up this week

No. NO.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

rovert posted:

I am very down on the current WWE product but my non-spoiler preview of MITB is internally it is being viewed as a big one in terms of newsworthy events and if I was on the fence I'd watch it.

They've bought rovert

All is lost

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

WWE's value has more than tripled in the last year.

What reason do they have to think they're doing anything wrong, or are out of touch, or anything like that?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WWE's value has more than tripled in the last year.

What reason do they have to think they're doing anything wrong, or are out of touch, or anything like that?

Because the value they've accumulated is from things outside of fan interest, viewership and attendance. So they are making shows for stockholders and large corporations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Because the value they've accumulated is from things outside of fan interest, viewership and attendance. So they are making shows for stockholders and large corporations.

I am pretty sure the half a billion dollars a year they're getting starting in 2019 for Raw and Smackdown is because of their viewership.

A bunch of people will have paid WWE a ton of money to chant for CM Punk tonight, despite CM Punk having been gone from WWE for longer than Steve Austin's entire time as the top guy in wrestling. That's a measure of success for more or less any standard that matters.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ah yes viewership

Raw Jan 1 avg audience 2.8mil
Raw June 11 avg audience 2.7mil
SD Jan 2 avg audience 2.7mil
SD June 12 avg audience 2.1mil

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

rovert took the FOX money. Is nothing sacred?! :cry:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I do kind of wonder about WWEs long term future because there is no way the current programming is bringing in any new fans

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Andrast posted:

I do kind of wonder about WWEs long term future because there is no way the current programming is bringing in any new fans

It'll actually be really important that they do good ratings on FOX next year. So they might start actually trying to put out good shows. If they think they can just get away with whatever, then, uh, FOX will cancel the poo poo out of them and their long term future will be "We're hosed!".

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Should I watch MitB tonight or go out for ribs with a friend visiting from out of town?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

Should I watch MitB tonight or go out for ribs with a friend visiting from out of town?

Have a fun night with a friend. Absolutely.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

Is the rib going to be that instead of the food, you're going to force each other to watch MitB?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

piss tape israel posted:

Ribs are good, unlike WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Go for ribs with your friend. Play the network on your phone so you don't miss a minute.

• Locked thread