Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Thanks for the game Ecco. I was originally planning to protect Monathin N1 but ending up changing my mind and picking Pod because his claim was more subtle (simply mentioning alignment uncertainty in his PM which seemed to be a non-vanilla claim to me and I was hoping scum/cult would go that route).

Good job to merk, he played well. Sucks to have the most key person in the game get double-replaced and it makes it virtually impossible to actually catch such a person so I'm glad Moat nailed him with a night action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

EccoRaven posted:

DON'T CLAIM ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR ROLES UNLESS IT'S ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

i'll keep that in mind for future games :/ glad it turned out ok, i really enjoyed this

slam and moat mvps nice work

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Slamburger posted:

Thanks for the game Ecco. I was originally planning to protect Monathin N1 but ending up changing my mind and picking Pod because his claim was more subtle (simply mentioning alignment uncertainty in his PM which seemed to be a non-vanilla claim to me and I was hoping scum/cult would go that route).

Good job to merk, he played well. Sucks to have the most key person in the game get double-replaced and it makes it virtually impossible to actually catch such a person so I'm glad Moat nailed him with a night action.

Merk did a very good job agreed

Thanks for the heal slam great doc choices

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

i'll keep that in mind for future games :/ glad it turned out ok, i really enjoyed this

I'm really happy we kept you alive gently caress optimal play imo

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I’m deeply ashamed of my playing in this game and I apologize fully and sincerely for my low quantity of posts. I’m clearly not in a place to be playing Mafia, and will unlikely be playing again for a while.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

NOTES:

--- Other little flavor points: Monathin's character was Pod's from the previous game. Moat posting the Costanza-desk.gif made me die with laughter (though I imagined him more as a Mayor Dewey type). And of course Leroux's first name is Albert, and his follower is, who else, Victoria.

Glad someone appreciated it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Atomic Soda posted:

well in y'all's defenses I gave you an even weirder alignment knowing it would be absolutely certain you'd claim it before too long triggering the inevitable mass claim. it's kind of mean of me, but I'm a rude dude.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol.

Thanks for the game ecco

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
We were just p lucky the recruiter was asleep at the wheel. If it had been someone like pod the mass claim would have probably really hurt us

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

NOTES:

- The gimmick for this game was the cult. The cult could only recruit vanilla town, and would nightkill PRs. However, I gave all the town PRs a strange alignment, knowing that they would claim them early into day 1, and hopefully almost entirely outing themselves before night 1 had even begun, giving the recruiter complete control over what would happen at night. The broader point I hoped to get across to the town was DON'T CLAIM ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR ROLES UNLESS IT'S ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! It's something I've seen so often in mafia games lately and I wanted it to have a direct punishment. built into the setup.

- This is definitely the kind of game that would have played out completely differently had merk had the role from the start. Pmom was deeply uninterested in playing the recruiter, Taste had to drop for other reasons, and so by day 3 the scum in this game were non-entities :( Please don't sign up for my game if you're not ready to have a weird role, I'd rather a game not run than you slow it down by apathy.

- On that note, I give the Ecco Award for Most Valuable Player to merk. Merk single-handedly turned the game around from a snoozefest to one where people seemed really engaged and having a good time. And he almost got away with it too! Had Keane and merk played the (ad hoc?) gambit at the end of the day more smoothly they could maybe have won the game. But alas alack.

- The flavor was obviously inspired by Jessica Jones; Leroux had Kilgrave powers (though less of a pee fetish), and BK/Pod's character's name - "Yiskah" - is a variation of the origin for the name "Jessica." Originally I was going to go for more of a Valjean-Javert dynamic with Leroux being a charlatan who hypnotizes people with cheap parlor tricks, but when I started writing the role PMs I realized an Obedience power would be far neater and far more interesting, so I went with that instead.
--- Other little flavor points: Monathin's character was Pod's from the previous game. Moat posting the Costanza-desk.gif made me die with laughter (though I imagined him more as a Mayor Dewey type). And of course Leroux's first name is Albert, and his follower is, who else, Victoria.

Thanks for playing and I hope you all had fun. If you didn't, well, rip.

Yep, it was pretty much a gambit to try to get me executed instead (or, ideally, Pod.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also no, merk did not contact me on facebook or linkedin, I was hoping for a DOUBLE BLUFF. I was playing to my alignment with a bit of a hail Mary.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Also no, merk did not contact me on facebook or linkedin, I was hoping for a DOUBLE BLUFF. I was playing to my alignment with a bit of a hail Mary.

Did he actually get kicked out of the discord? Or was that also a bluff

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Did he actually get kicked out of the discord? Or was that also a bluff

IT WAS ALL LIES

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Nope gently caress that don't cover for merk cckeane

Also once you posted this I kinda knew I was cooked, but still trying.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Fun game, thanks for hosting as always, Ecco.

What actually happened with Moat's N3 action?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Nice, I was right about keane being recruited n3.

Just lol at moat getting me executed for my flavor name. That was pretty funny. Nice job

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Merk/Keane, that was a fun last day. The gambit you tried didn't work out but I appreciated the effort anyway :)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Also once you posted this I kinda knew I was cooked, but still trying.

The effort was appreciated and your gambit did give me pause. The inconsistencies were the nail in the coffin

Also I can't believe I missed the opportunity for this when slam died

:rip::burger:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

IT WAS ALL LIES

:monocle:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ya sorry for my exit. I couldn't defend myself and I was also really unengaged.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well played all. Keane genuinely exhausted me and I was not looking forward to fighting through another day - thank heavens for Moat’s catch!

During most of the last day I was imagining wilder and wilder scenarios in my head for possibilities that Moat’s claim was some kind of gambit but (thankfully) ended up going with it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Well played all. Keane genuinely exhausted me and I was not looking forward to fighting through another day - thank heavens for Moat’s catch!

During most of the last day I was imagining wilder and wilder scenarios in my head for possibilities that Moat’s claim was some kind of gambit but (thankfully) ended up going with it.

I call it the "Poop a Pod" strategy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

What if All scum have replaced out lmao

Heh

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

IllegallySober posted:

What actually happened with Moat's N3 action?

I am imperfect. I didn't even notice my mistake until halfway through the day four.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

I am imperfect. I didn't even notice my mistake until halfway through the day four.

I just thought it was my fault somehow and felt the deepest of mafia shame

It wasn't until ecco pmed me and said OH NO DID I FORGET YOU HAD ACTION that I felt that I could carry on as a mafia professional

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol I can't believe pod won this after my flip of naive cop came true.

Also his claim initially as a merchant and the discrepancy being the change in the # of days... Then coming out later as this murderhobo lol how did this slip by?

Great game Ecco.

Pod as salty as I am... :golfclap:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also his claim initially as a merchant and the discrepancy being the change in the # of days... Then coming out later as this murderhobo lol how did this slip by?

Great game Ecco.

You won too

win together

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Solid win everyone not cult!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Great game Ecco.

Sorry not sorry, my role PM was very clear that I was in the next town over! :sun:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Pod did you actually believe me and Hal were part of the cult

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Pod did you actually believe me and Hal were part of the cult

Yes! I am not a very good scumhunter, that's my dark secret.

I was entirely aboveboard about my intentions the entire time, including everything I said about why I killed Alasdair instead of Hal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I will remember to be less chatty about my claims that early, that much you can be sure of.

Sorry I got owned so quickly, y'all. I had a hunch that cult cop was useful this time given that it was a red herring the last couple times (and I kind of figured Ecco knew I knew that, which of course made me more suspicious), but I ended up making myself a target instead, I had hoped 'not very useful' would've kept scum off my back. :eng99:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sucks to lose to a role when I thought I did so well in thread but this was a very fun game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
IS sorry for being an rear end in a top hat to you. I should have been better, but let the salt get to me. I'm sorry for being a jerk turd sewer slime.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IS sorry for being an rear end in a top hat to you. I should have been better, but let the salt get to me. I'm sorry for being a jerk turd sewer slime.

All water under the bridge, buddy. :hfive:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sorry i had to dip, thanks for the cool setup and gg all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
wooooooo toooooooown victoooooory!

gg, thx for running EccoBlackbird!

• Locked thread