Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I doubt they would bring back Ellsworth just to cause a DQ. I think Carmella will be pinning Asuka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

I doubt they would bring back Ellsworth just to cause a DQ. I think Carmella will be pinning Asuka.

WWE has done dumber poo poo in the past regarding returns. Don't underestimate them. And its worth mentioning that WWE is advertising Asuka and Carmella for Extreme Rules anyways, as of two days ago. On the RAW side, they are advertising Nia, Alexa, and Sasha as being in action.

While I can see Carmella pinning Asuka, it won't be a clean one. It'll likely be as dirty as can be. Tights or ropes. Or both.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 16, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I propose that none of the results will make any difference, similar To previous events

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Men's MITB: Miz: -150, Braun: +350, Joe: +355

Miz is gonna cash in on Rollins instead of Brock

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm excited to see Ellsworth

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

a new study bible! posted:

I'm excited to see Ellsworth

why

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

He's a good promo, good character work and very well liked in the locker room and backstage. He's the total package.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm excited to see Ellsworth have his head kicked clean off his shoulders by Asuka.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't really understand why this of all things is the last straw but you do you I guess

"Last Straws" don't have to be a big thing, its just the point where everything before it starts falling over and getting dropped.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I guess there is speculation going around that they are putting off Asuka winning the title at MITB because of the upcoming Japan house show. The finalized card was sent out for both nights.

quote:

June 29:

Sin Cara vs Almas w' Vega

Asuka and Naomi vs Iiconics w' Lana

Dillinger vs Samoa Joe

Itami vs Miz

New Day (entrants TBA) vs The Bar

Bryan vs Cass

SD Women's Title: Carmella vs Lynch

SD Tag Title: Bludgeon Brothers vs Usos vs Gallows and Anderson vs Rusev Day

WWE Title: Styles vs Nakamura in a No DQ match

---

June 30:

Dillinger vs Almas w' Vega

Sin Cara vs Miz

Lynch and Naomi vs Iiconics w' Lana

Itami vs. Cass

Usos vs Rusev Day

SD Tag Title: Bludgeon Brothers vs New Day (entrants TBA) vs Gallows and Anderson vs The Bar

SD Women's Title: Carmella vs. Asuka

WWE Title: Styles vs Nakamura vs Bryan vs Samoa Joe

It's worth noting that the night 2 SD Women's title match has changed several times since the initial card was released a month or two ago. It used to be Carmella vs Charlotte vs Asuka. It was then changed to Carmella vs Becky vs Asuka. And now its just Carmella vs Asuka. There is going to be a decent amount of Japanese media coverage there as well, apparently.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Cavauro posted:

I propose that none of the results will make any difference, similar To previous events

I don't believe you.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Still a bit early to tell, but it seems smart money is starting to roll in. Alexa Bliss is the favorite to win the Womens MITB now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
From NXT last night.... they taped two matches.

War Raiders vs. The Mighty - Winner: War Raiders
Bianca Belair vs. Dakota Kai - Winner: Bianaca Belair

Both matches were pretty great. The women's match was far better than Shayna/Cross

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

Still a bit early to tell, but it seems smart money is starting to roll in. Alexa Bliss is the favorite to win the Womens MITB now.

It's either her or Natalya.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

It's either her or Natalya.

Going to lean towards Alexa here. She flipped from being a +480 underdog to -280 favorite within the last hour. And Natalya is now +360 (from -145). Also Shinsuke Nakamura is now at -180, massively down from -520 earlier. AJ has moved in to +120 (from +540).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Miz should win MitB and should cash in during a double KO spot between AJ and Nak.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Alexa will have a big night tonight.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Oh good the two least interesting choices

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only spoiler anybody should care about is who wins the match of the year, Big Dog or Maha Rajah

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Braun Strowman is now the favorite to win the men's money in the bank on some sites like Kambi. He's still an underdog on sites like 5dimes.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

Braun Strowman is now the favorite to win the men's money in the bank on some sites like Kambi. He's still an underdog on sites like 5dimes.

I doubt that they'll have one show win both briefcases but who knows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fatherofmustard posted:

I doubt that they'll have one show win both briefcases but who knows.

Meh, they don't have to care about SmackDown until next October, they can do what they want.

I'll be really surprised if Strowman wins the briefcase though because uh, you really gotta put the belt on him at that point and they seem opposed to doing that.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Makes sense. Roman will beat him in a match for the case and then beat Brock on a random raw.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they're doing a longer briefcase hold Alexa is like the best choice there because nobody else in that match can talk.

(Except Becky but she speaks some weird foreign language.)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's a legitimate scoop: Whoever wins MITB will do nothing interesting, lose every match for months on end while Michael Cole screams MISTER MONEY IN THE BANK, and hold up the briefcase at painfully stilted angles to "get it on the camera."

They will eventually cash in long after everyone stopped caring and have a lovely 3-6 month reign that makes the entire endeavor feel pointless.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not takin' this from the :quebec: poster! :mad:

Benne posted:

Here's a legitimate scoop: Whoever wins MITB will do nothing interesting, lose every match for months on end while Michael Cole screams MISTER MONEY IN THE BANK, and hold up the briefcase at painfully stilted angles to "get it on the camera."

They will eventually cash in long after everyone stopped caring and have a lovely 3-6 month reign that makes the entire endeavor feel pointless.

Doesn't it have to be new knowledge to be a scoop?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Aphrodite posted:

If they're doing a longer briefcase hold Alexa is like the best choice there because nobody else in that match can talk.

I think if Alexa wins she could cash-in tonight during the Nia/Ronda match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Couple of updates from 5dimes:

Shinsuke remains at -180
Ronda is now -560 to win the title
Carmella is now -145 (Asuka is at +105 now)
Big rear end is at -210

All of the other results are pretty obvious. Seth winning, Bobby winning, Bludgeon Brothers winning, Roman winning.

So it seems like main roster creative saw Takeover last night and is booking the exact opposite way they should be booking. :allears:

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

Couple of updates from 5dimes:

Shinsuke remains at -180
Ronda is now -560 to win the title
Carmella is now -145 (Asuka is at +105 now)
Big rear end is at -210

All of the other results are pretty obvious. Seth winning, Bobby winning, Bludgeon Brothers winning, Roman winning.

So it seems like main roster creative saw Takeover last night and is booking the exact opposite way they should be booking. :allears:

I just hope Asuka doesn't get pinned.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

You rooting for the Carmella submission victory too? Hell yeah

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ronda could still very much win by DQ.

Chris James 2 posted:

You rooting for the Carmella submission victory too? Hell yeah

At least she can kinda actually do a submission!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Bad news on that front. Kambi had the match finish shorten from +550 to +250 for a pinfall. As a result a DQ or Submission finish have dropped to -112. Be prepared for Carmella to pin Asuka. Probably not clean, but still.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

Bad news on that front. Kambi had the match finish fall from +550 to +250. As a result a DQ or Submission finish have dropped to -112. Be prepared for Carmella to pin Asuka. Probably not clean, but still.

In that case the decision to end the streak just seems even stupider. Clean or not, I don't think Carmella should be pinning Asuka.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What if every match ends in a DQ?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

In that case the decision to end the streak just seems even stupider. Clean or not, I don't think Carmella should be pinning Asuka.

But think of the heat it would get Carmella!!!

I mean said heat would evaporate a week after MITB but still.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I hope Ellsworth pins Asuka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Braun 100% should have had at least one world title reign by now, but they clearly don't want that, so I can't imagine him getting the briefcase ending in a result that isn't "fails a cash-in attempt for some dumb reason"

Speaking of failed cash-ins:

2017 had 2 MITB winners (Carmella and Corbin), Corbin failed his attempt
2013 had 2 MITB winners (Sandow and Orton), Sandow failed his attempt
2012 had 2 MITB winners (Dolph and Cena), Cena failed his attempt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Braun 100% should have had at least one world title reign by now, but they clearly don't want that, so I can't imagine him getting the briefcase ending in a result that isn't "fails a cash-in attempt for some dumb reason"

Speaking of failed cash-ins:

2017 had 2 MITB winners (Carmella and Corbin), Corbin failed his attempt
2013 had 2 MITB winners (Sandow and Orton), Sandow failed his attempt
2012 had 2 MITB winners (Dolph and Cena), Cena failed his attempt

To round this out, in 2010 and 2011, there was 2 contracts and both guys successfully cashed in.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting James Ellsworth is backstage at the event tonight, and is penciled in to interfere in Asuka vs Carmella and help Carmella retain the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting James Ellsworth is backstage at the event tonight, and is penciled in to interfere in Asuka vs Carmella and help Carmella retain the title.

hope ellsworth starts helping asuka instead and wears a kimono to the ring