Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Have a fun night with a friend. Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I mostly lurk gameday threads and I live in a timezone that means ppvs normally happen on Monday mornings but I will be taking time to watch MITB live with my girlfriend's family* and I am looking forward to it a lot

* her brothers just found out I enjoy wrestling
* we were not free today for Takeover

Not sure if I will be able to join live posting but I am hoping for some fun times in about six hours

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

So they are making shows for stockholders and large corporations.

so like every company in america then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Artelier posted:

I mostly lurk gameday threads and I live in a timezone that means ppvs normally happen on Monday mornings but I will be taking time to watch MITB live with my girlfriend's family* and I am looking forward to it a lot

* her brothers just found out I enjoy wrestling
* we were not free today for Takeover

Not sure if I will be able to join live posting but I am hoping for some fun times in about six hours

If you're doing this remember PPVs start early now, so they can be (minimum) 4 hours long

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

If you're doing this remember PPVs start early now, so they can be (minimum) 4 hours long

I am aware but there is a limit to how early I am willing to wake up on a non-working Monday!

Thanks though. :)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so like every company in america then

Yup

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Looking forward to the Hardys 24 after MITB. I believe this goes over Jeff's Victory Road '11 match with Sting.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm smoking ribs on my grill and steaming corn later and I guess I'll watch mitb while I eat.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
Yeah I'm just gonna drink some beer and probably smoke some weed so I can at least just enjoy the spectacle of it at the very least. Also I look forward to the crowd during Roman vs Jinder.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope they do a spot where Roman has Jinder on the ground and he leisurely punches his face a couple times.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

mitb starts at 7et doesn't it?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The Croc posted:

mitb starts at 7et doesn't it?

aye

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

yeah, with preshow 6et

on the bright side it's only scheduled for 3.5 hours :woop:

...of which it will go way over

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

VJeff posted:

It'll actually be really important that they do good ratings on FOX next year. So they might start actually trying to put out good shows. If they think they can just get away with whatever, then, uh, FOX will cancel the poo poo out of them and their long term future will be "We're hosed!".

Is the contract guaranteed like other athletic leagues? If Fox is spending all that money I'm sure they'd pressure WWE if things got dire but at that price they won't get canned.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I bought the combo ticket for Takeover and MitB, but I've realized that I don't have the energy (or will) to sit through tonight's show when I need to be on my game first thing Monday morning at work.

I got my money's worth last night, and by staying home I'll both get enough sleep and have the flexibility to hang out with friends if something comes up.

Next time, I'll just StubHub TakeOver.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I watched the UK Championship Tournament matches on WWE's YouTube channel earlier and some genius put the playlist together so that postmatch interviews come before the matches they're being interviewed about. Good job guys.

Not much to write home about in what's available so far, but the Royal Albert Hall shows should still be good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kind of wild how uk wrestlers come in two sizes, burly man bears and jr heavyweights

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Instead of watching money in the bank I am going to watch Incredibles 2

Since the show is nine hours long I'll probably still see the end of it after I get home, though

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I watched the UK Championship Tournament matches on WWE's YouTube channel earlier and some genius put the playlist together so that postmatch interviews come before the matches they're being interviewed about. Good job guys.

Not much to write home about in what's available so far, but the Royal Albert Hall shows should still be good.

A lot of them just looked like indie guys and indie guys not used to the a WWE sized ring.

It is little wonder they flew in Robbie and rented a venue for this video and practice:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1007797695308693504

I believe Banks is winning the whole thing. Overcoming Mastiff.

I assume Banks will beat Gibson but Devlin going to the final wouldn't surprise me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Where my Mitb thread at? Already in the arena, dark matches/preshow about to go.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

It's here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860436

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Here is a completely unrelated question:

How much do you think WWE movies pay their stars/wrestlers/"actors"?

I know the films themselves are profitable, but isn't that largely due to the crazily low costs of making them? Also I know one of the main perks of being a wrestler and starring in one of these movies is taht you get to take some time off of teh insane WWE road schedule, and also piss about with your mates pretending to be an actor.

But is it financially lucrative for the wrestlers/stars? It's probably a well enough paying gig for the other actors/director/crew etc.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here is a completely unrelated question:

How much do you think WWE movies pay their stars/wrestlers/"actors"?

I know the films themselves are profitable, but isn't that largely due to the crazily low costs of making them? Also I know one of the main perks of being a wrestler and starring in one of these movies is taht you get to take some time off of teh insane WWE road schedule, and also piss about with your mates pretending to be an actor.

But is it financially lucrative for the wrestlers/stars? It's probably a well enough paying gig for the other actors/director/crew etc.

I assume it gets them into SAG which means they get health insurance and a union that gives a poo poo about them. Didn't Terry Funk always say that's why he did B movies?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Well I tapped out after that Asuka finish. Not sure how I fall for the same trap after every single Takeover, but they got me again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/WWERobinson/status/1008523276719706112

So MITB went well?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not watching but unless they were throwing chairs in the ring or pulling down their pants to the hard camera it seems problematic to be complaining that the fans didn't like the match you put on.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

He’s mad that the crowd went over in a dusty finish

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
As much as I usually hate smarky crowds, they were the highlight of the night for me. I don't think I've ever heard a crowd less into a match.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
History making match there by Nakamura, he is now unquestionably the worst modern Royal Rumble winner ever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We needed something to be #positive about and boy did MITB give it. You will never, and I mean never, again see anyone have to use the line "I can't believe Asuka lost her streak to someone who just wound up losing to Carmella clean immediately after" now that Asuka took the brave step to also lose clean to Carmella soon after.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, Asuka lost clean to Carmella? Is this an anomaly or did they just ruin her that fast?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Midnightghoul posted:

History making match there by Nakamura, he is now unquestionably the worst modern Royal Rumble winner ever

....Roman reigns?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, Asuka lost clean to Carmella? Is this an anomaly or did they just ruin her that fast?

Screwjob distraction finish with James Ellsworth returning, so...?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Ellsworth came out and surprised Asuka so much she stared at him for almost exactly a minute, to the point where really I can't understand how obtuse someone would have to be to think she couldn't have avoided the superkick seven times over. It was clean because she waited long enough for it to be clean

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So "ruined"? drat. I didn't really see that coming, even after the streak ended.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
We'll have to wait and see what happens after Smackdown on Tuesday, because I doubt this feud is over. Asuka is likely going to get to destroy Ellsworth. And Asuka vs Carmella is being advertised for Extreme Rules as of two days ago.

Speaking of title changes, Alexa Bliss cashed in and won the RAW Women's title. The main roster Women's Division is in a really bad place right now with Alexa and Carmella as champs. I mean Alexa is an improvement over Nia, but still not good.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Team LittleBig both won their Money In The Bank matches! This show was awesome!!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
It's hilarious they might be giving Braun the MitB just so he can possibly cash in on Roman after he beats Brock at Summerslam because the crowd will inevitably poo poo on it, instead of, you know, giving the case to someone ELSE and just book Braun/Brock instead.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It's hilarious they might be giving Braun the MitB just so he can possibly cash in on Roman after he beats Brock at Summerslam because the crowd will inevitably poo poo on it, instead of, you know, giving the case to someone ELSE and just book Braun/Brock instead.

came here to post that i just realized this is whats gonna happen

idk it'll be fun and braun will finally be champ and brock will finally be vanquished, at least until, like, royal rumble when he wins it back from braun so roman can beat lesnar for the title at mania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Ellsworth came out and surprised Asuka so much she stared at him for almost exactly a minute, to the point where really I can't understand how obtuse someone would have to be to think she couldn't have avoided the superkick seven times over. It was clean because she waited long enough for it to be clean

it's actually even better than this.

carmella attempts a rollup while asuka is surprised, asuka gets out of it, knocks carmella down, and then goes right back to staring at ellsworth until carmella eventually gets back up and kicks her

• Locked thread