Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I actually thought the run was taking place today. :doh:

FreeKillB posted:

I'm not used to using fast forward, but I'm ok with how it turned out. I used a buttload of potions vs garula, w2 exdeath I should have gone for !gaia and ran out of phoenix downs but somehow pulled through. Rare steals suck but the lamia tiara was worth it (on the way to the boss I got a second which let me geodance for bit too). I lost twenty minutes forgetting the lamp entirely, skipped flare sword and never turned in even my one tablet. Somewhat satisfied with the result, although this party is paper-thin enough that I did a bit more grinding than I really needed, ofc.

Good Job everyone :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

ultrafilter posted:

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1008388494987747329

Not that that's particularly informative, but hey, it's new.

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1008389621204447232
Just what are you up to, Gilgy?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just banning certain jobs doesn't seem like enough. I wonder if certain equipment/spells are banned or what?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

My first thought on reading that tweet is that if you sign up for forbidden mode, then there are certain jobs that you're not going to get in any run this year.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

i didnt realize it was before the run started, not before the run finished, oh well

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

fits posted:

i didnt realize it was before the run started, not before the run finished, oh well

Half way makes Half pay :toot:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

SOON.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:toxx:

For each goon who finishes an official fiesta run before I do, I will donate $10, up to $750. To my disadvantage, this is likely to be among my busiest work weeks of the year. Limit two runs per goon.

:toxx:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

THE RUN is live and can be found here:

https://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak

I thought the festivities were going to start tomorrow so this is a welcome thing. Are jobs getting sent out after the run concludes?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

THE RUN is live and can be found here:

https://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak

I thought the festivities were going to start tomorrow so this is a welcome thing. Are jobs getting sent out after the run concludes?

Typically, yes. Depending on the time, it could take up to an hour or so for the floodgates to be opened, then the usually flurry of lag and Twitter restrictions before everything is sussed out. AFAIK, RK is in Japan and so his hours are weird. Its entirely possible he would be asleep by the time the run finishes.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 18, 2018

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

According to his twitter, RK went to bed right before the run started, in hopes that he could wake up when it's done and press the Gilgabutton

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

This seems like a fairly reasonable response.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Detheros posted:

:toxx: $250 if DD wipes at any point in World 1(doesn't count if it's intentional), $500 if he wins, these stack. :toxx:

I wont be here for the first part of the run so I'm counting on you goons to keep track of the w1 wipe part.

Time to pay up. Manticore is on a killing spree.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

dis astranagant posted:

Time to pay up. Manticore is on a killing spree.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

If you absolutely had to wipe to something in world one, Manticore wouldn't be the absolute worst choice you could make....

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If I remember right the Fiesta patch does some balance tweaks on top of unlocking all classes from the start and Ned's sprite. Anyone have a list?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Trigger warning for the Run: They pick the Flame Shield.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bruceski posted:

If I remember right the Fiesta patch does some balance tweaks on top of unlocking all classes from the start and Ned's sprite. Anyone have a list?

That's a separate patch by the same author.

Changelog here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g52xshu0juaa2c7/ffvamod-doc.txt?dl=0

CanOfWorms, my friend was going on about how Red Mage should have access to Shields, not necessarily White/Black 4.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I had two people with Magic Shell split the damage and a MK kill them with Drain Sword while the Geo just chain optioned, which I was pretty proud of.

Then I noticed my character wasn’t named right ughhhh

Lol I see DD doing this now

derra fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 17, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Trigger warning for the Run: They pick the Flame Shield.

They ran the numbers. It was the only way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's a separate patch by the same author.

Changelog here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g52xshu0juaa2c7/ffvamod-doc.txt?dl=0

CanOfWorms, my friend was going on about how Red Mage should have access to Shields, not necessarily White/Black 4.

Thanks, I got them conflated and was trying to remember if it was anything important. I actually found those other patch notes when googling around but didn't make the connection.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Crystals just racking up bodies on this run.

quote:

HappySquid89: I just died to the crystals cause the earth crystal got 2 turns and I physical attack hit me through the blind before the fire crystal healed me via flame ring and I forgot to run out and safe before the fight

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Bruceski posted:

Crystals just racking up bodies on this run.

DD was the only one not to wipe to the Crystals.

Of course it also took him like ten minutes to beat it but hey, it's still impressive.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I looked at discord time stamps, and I think DD's one try took roughly the same as magus' three tries, so a wash i guess.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Since we're well into the run, closing my strawpoll now so I can pre-register.

I will be running Forbidden, and have toxxed that I will finish it. Once I complete it, I will also begin purechaos. If I complete PureChaos, I will attempt either regularchaos or FF1 (chosen depending on how much I hate myself, and whether I feel at the moment like my chaos jobs could end up too similar to my purechaos jobs).

edit: Considering streaming my attempt so people can view me being terrible at the game, forgetting I'm streaming and afking for long stretches, and randomly remembering whether I have a mic on or not. What's the current recommended stream software for twitch streaming?

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 18, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
OBS Studio is recommended.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its imperative you make a really """"ironically"""" lovely stream setup, like me

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I missed it, did they do anything interesting on Rugwizard or just silence blade since we're not on the mobile version that hates people?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
I tuned into The Run stream and found elmagus and Yagamoth were both farting around in Mirage while DD was just taking on Antlion.

I can only assume that what happened to Dragondarch's progress is Dragondarch :allears:

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I missed it, did they do anything interesting on Rugwizard or just silence blade since we're not on the mobile version that hates people?

just silence blade

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Huh, it never occurred to me that you could skip turning in the first tablet. Isn't the first visit to the sealed castle what triggers the cutscene of Exdeath talking to the monsters in the rift? What happens if you get all four tablets without turning them in, go all the way to Necrophobe, then back out of the rift and go to the castle for the first time?

The runners just did that. Turns out the Exdeath cutscene doesn't play if you pick up all four tablets before unlocking any of the sealed weapons.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

The runners just did that. Turns out the Exdeath cutscene doesn't play if you pick up all four tablets before unlocking any of the sealed weapons.

Though if I remember right, if you kill some of the tablet bosses, but not all of them, the cutscene does play with the dead tablet bosses missing. I dont think you can do the same with rift bosses.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
gilgabot has spoken on the forbidden run

quote:

PLAY LIKE NORMAL. USE YOUR WIND JOB. UNLOCK YOUR WATER AND FIRE JOBS. USE THEM. UNLOCK YOUR EARTH JOB. THINGS MAY COME IN A SLIGHTLY WEIRD ORDER. THINGS MAY APPEAR NORMAL.

IN THIS RUN, BEFORE YOU ENTER THE VOID TO FINISH THE GAME YOU MUST TWEET #PUNISHME AT @FF5FORFUTURES. SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN.

ENJOY.

:ohdear:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

didnt know gilgabot was into S&M

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I am ready for Gilgamesh to punish me.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I hope whatever caveat it introduces isn't unfun

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Hmm, hope they don't cost a crown or two, whatever it is...

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Sounds like you're going to get one of your jobs banned going into the void.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm curious about why they'd come at a weird order