Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i dont want to watch a six hour pay per view every three weeks :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Ellsworth came out and surprised Asuka so much she stared at him for almost exactly a minute, to the point where really I can't understand how obtuse someone would have to be to think she couldn't have avoided the superkick seven times over. It was clean because she waited long enough for it to be clean

Just to be completely accurate:

- She stared at Fakesuka for almost exactly a minute
- Carmella tried to jump her
- Asuka saw it coming and laid Carmella out
- Asuka went back to staring at Fakesuka
- Fakesuka revealed himself to be Ellsworth
- Carmella superkicked Asuka and got the pin

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
rest in piece Kevin Owens

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Baron Corbin posted:

rest in piece Kevin Owens

KO was right

They should have listened

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alexa bliss is the greatest wrestler ever and gently caress off with that chinless freak ellsworth

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That wasn't the worst show ever but it wasn't that good either. Very mediocre.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Allowing for the usual slate of doofy-rear end main roster stuff, I quite enjoyed MITB. Admittedly it helps that I am an Alexa fan. Nia/Ronda/Alexa triple threat sounds....welp, sounds like a thing that'll happen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least Keith Lee and Io Shirai get exposure, because they sure won't get good booking

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's actually even better than this.

carmella attempts a rollup while asuka is surprised, asuka gets out of it, knocks carmella down, and then goes right back to staring at ellsworth until carmella eventually gets back up and kicks her

You missed that Asuka actually screams in horror at Ellsworth's face when he took off the mask

yeah poo poo, I really shouldn't have enjoyed this show as much as I did

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Keith Lee and Io Shirai get exposure, because they sure won't get good booking

They'll be fine in NXT, and at least its likely Io gets an extended stay down there to help elevate the division (both on tv and behind the scenes). Keith Lee is probably toast though. Vince will see him and package him as the son of Big Daddy V.

...It's really sad I have more faith in NXT these days to do things right than actual main roster creative. Goddamnit Vince. :negative:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
The best part of MITB was realizing how at some point after I stopped following Raw regularly someone must have flipped the Talking Krusty switch on Elias' back from "forgettable" to "good."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wwe must be spite booking at this point because all they're doing is setting up good stories and jerking em away at the last second. heeeey Becky might win! haha just kidding Alexa is champion again get over it nerd. heeeey maybe Nakamura will finally get one over on aj, hell they're going to Japan soon! nah haha gently caress you he lost for real this time eat it. heeeey asuka can't possibly lose again to Carmella, the joke champion. hahaha holy poo poo you idiot here comes James Ellsworth to save the woman who dropped his rear end six months ago you fuckin moron.

and here's Braun he's the money in the bank guy. you all wanted him to win something right? how about the one thing a guy like Braun doesn't need at all.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's actually even better than this.

carmella attempts a rollup while asuka is surprised, asuka gets out of it, knocks carmella down, and then goes right back to staring at ellsworth until carmella eventually gets back up and kicks her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzno5MfEEI This seems appropriate for that match.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

...It's really sad I have more faith in NXT these days to do things right than actual main roster creative. Goddamnit Vince. :negative:

Botched finish aside, NXT managed to make Lars "Chunky proto-human that would've had a lesser feud with Hogan in the 80s" Sullivan look like a million bucks

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Actually my last post was a lie because the best part of tonight was when the ring announcer said that Alexa was cashing in her "money in the briefcase" contract.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DarkstarIV posted:

Hasn't this been the case since basically the first NXT live special?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The Hardys 24 is required viewing. The first half in particular is an honesty that WWE just doesn't do.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Psychepath posted:

The Hardys 24 is required viewing. The first half in particular is an honesty that WWE just doesn't do.

I'm definitely gonna check it out soon, I'm a huge Hardy fan after watching the attitude era as a child in North Carolina. I'm glad that, uh, Matt is doing better lately, I'm glad for him. kind of weird to do a special about Jeff Hardy facing his demons like right after racking up a DUI like 3 months ago though

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Sockser posted:

....Roman reigns?

Take a look back at the match and feud he had and I think you will find that Reigns looked better than Nakamura has in terms of match quality and reason for losing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Psychepath posted:

Yeah, it's amazing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Brock having the briefcase isn't bad but it feels like real dumb booking. He doesn't really get anything from it and he has a bunch of ways that it could make him look worse. If he uses it in Brock he will need to make a normal cash in and win. Otherwise a clean cash in and lose means he has lost to Brock 3 times in a row. A surprise cash in to take advantage of Brock will make his win look kinda bad, the big monster could only win by tricking Brock. If he tricks Brock and loses he will look awful. I guess he cashes in on Roman when he finally wins so that Roman is never not chasing the belt?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, uh.

Is anyone else pretty sure that Braun's failing that cash-in?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Brock having the briefcase isn't bad but it feels like real dumb booking. He doesn't really get anything from it and he has a bunch of ways that it could make him look worse. If he uses it in Brock he will need to make a normal cash in and win. Otherwise a clean cash in and lose means he has lost to Brock 3 times in a row. A surprise cash in to take advantage of Brock will make his win look kinda bad, the big monster could only win by tricking Brock. If he tricks Brock and loses he will look awful. I guess he cashes in on Roman when he finally wins so that Roman is never not chasing the belt?

Braun/Roman was probably the most fondly we recently remember those two, so that's not a terrible idea honestly

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Braun “I’m not finished with you”ing as Roman wins the title would be a massive pop.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Braun “I’m not finished with you”ing as Roman wins the title would be a massive pop.

Yeah! No sneak-attack cash-in, just make him go through another match.

SUPERMANPUNCH!SPEAR!oh no now I don't want this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm not happy Braun won it, but a lot of that stems from the fact that I genuinely believe Braun kinda needed the win. Yes, he could have realistically booked to face Brock again very easily. But I don't trust the WWE to tell that story correctly, and Braun's taken a lot of damage in terms of accomplishment because the E just won't let him win already. No, the big green belt does not count. The WWE has put Braun in positions to win before, and they have pussed out at the last second, making Braun look threatening but also ineffective. If he finally wins the title because he's effective but also kinda lovely, I'd just call it even.

tl;dr Braun needed the win because the WWE's insistence on not letting him win the big one up to this point was starting to make Mr. Strongman stale.

Still would have been happier to see anyone else (but Roode) win

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm happy for Team Little Big.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

So, uh.

Is anyone else pretty sure that Braun's failing that cash-in?

Yep

WWE's already had three chances at giving him a title run and doing it over Brock. Them not capitalizing on it was no accident. Either he's not getting that belt, or he's cashing in successfully after Reigns finally beats Brock, which is also dumb because it just means they're not pulling the trigger on the Reigns run either

They're just wasting a lot of time and I can't imagine an end game they actually have in mind that they Want to do at this point

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, my dislike of it is that it is probably the safest and least interesting choice. Braun can be made to look good with any big win. Putting the case on him looks good but the future booking has a lot of different options that will make him look awful and only 1 or 2 that would help him. If he cashes in he has to win.

I'm also salty about Kofi not winning. Give him his gold watch.

Edit: there is no end game. If the winner doesn't cash in that night then WWE hasn't decided yet on when they will.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also lol if you didn't think Alexa Bliss was getting that belt back in a couple months, tops.

Who wants to bet that Nia Jax will somehow become her crony again between now and Wrestlemania?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 18, 2018

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Remember when Braun was murdered on live TV and came back to life? He should get any match he wants whenever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Edit: there is no end game. If the winner doesn't cash in that night then WWE hasn't decided yet on when they will.

I'm obviously not talking about "end game for the MITB thing" but like in general. Reigns chasing Brock and the belt has happened for 5 years now. Braun lost to Brock every time he tried. Brock only shows up for a rare 10 minute match he always wins. Alexa's stood tall to close a women's title portion of the show basically every PPV but two she's been on for the last 2 years. Asuka and Nakamura can win whenever the belt they're chasing isn't on the line but crumble like paper when it is, and for Nak it goes back to vs Jinder a year ago. Every story they seem to have is just spinning its wheels endlessly

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PPV was imo like a C+/B-, Takeover and Hardys doc both A+. All in all a good weekend.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

one cool thing about tonight was commentary talking about how the Big Dog was next in line for a title shot but jinder might be able to jump over him with a win tonight!!

like not even bothering to do a #1 contender thing, roman has it til he can finally win!! it's just total nonsense at this point.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

PPV was imo like a C+/B-, Takeover and Hardys doc both A+. All in all a good weekend.

A harsh but fair grade. I would say B+

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

The main roster Women's Division is in a really bad place right now with Alexa and Carmella as champs.

I can't remember the last time I've even been interested in the Women's Division title scene. Ever since those drat belts were created it just seems like a never ending cavalcade of blonde heel champs and their never ending reigns of doom. Not to mention all face challengers are losers who are also very dumb and easily distracted by any and everything.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Arguably-best-wrestler-in-the-world AJ Styles winning matches as champion is A Good Thing and I don't care if it "wastes" the Royal Rumble stip :colbert:. Well that's my hot take.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Minidust posted:

Arguably-best-wrestler-in-the-world AJ Styles winning matches as champion is A Good Thing and I don't care if it "wastes" the Royal Rumble stip :colbert:. Well that's my hot take.

one silver lining to the black cloud of wwe's automatic rematch clause is that if a pairing is a really good one they can just run it again!

or they can waste 3 months with non-finishes and just have aj win again at the end of it all. i mean either/or.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Seriously, if you haven't seen that Hardys doc watch it loving right now. SO GOOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
it was totally a wwe ppv, enjoyed some matches, really liked some spots, overall was like a yeah it was ok thing

wwe will never have amazing matches like kenny v okada but theyll have some cool moments i dont really know what else to say besides i really like my fellow Canadians kevin and sami

ill actually add to this, why couldn't rusev or finn or kofi win the the briefcase, braun is awesome, no question, but he's so big and awesome he can legit challenge for anything whenever he wants, put the case on someone else for fucks sakes

• Locked thread