Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

So, uh.

Is anyone else pretty sure that Braun's failing that cash-in?

nah roman will beat brock and then braun will cash in. they trashed brock so roman beating him at mania is pointless so why not make a new brock for him to beat in braun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

D.N. Nation posted:

You missed that Asuka actually screams in horror at Ellsworth's face when he took off the mask

yeah poo poo, I really shouldn't have enjoyed this show as much as I did

Also Ellsworth winked at her.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Do it ironically posted:

it was totally a wwe ppv, enjoyed some matches, really liked some spots, overall was like a yeah it was ok thing

wwe will never have amazing matches like kenny v okada but theyll have some cool moments i dont really know what else to say besides i really like my fellow Canadians kevin and sami

ill actually add to this, why couldn't rusev or finn or kofi win the the briefcase, braun is awesome, no question, but he's so big and awesome he can legit challenge for anything whenever he wants, put the case on someone else for fucks sakes

fun results to the men's money in the bank match:

kofi, hell yeah
rusev, see above
finn, get him back in the main event, back on track
joe, joe kicks rear end and would be a great champ
miz, heels are always better with the case and it'd be a great prop for miz

alright results to the men's money in the bank match:
ko, it'd probably be handled poorly, because kevin owens, but again, ko would be a good heel with the case

lovely boring results to the men's money in the bank match:
bobby roode, because he sucks
braun, the guy who can beat anyone up beats everyone up and wins the thing that a guy like him absolutely does not benefit from

so i mean, im glad bobby didn't win because he sucks but man i really don't like either winner. and yeah the women's division is in rough shape because both the champions are joke chickenshit heel champs. no i don't believe alexa beating literally any woman on the roster, even though they gave her big show's ko punch. i know it's a very powerful move.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Vince hates Asians.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rusev and Balor are only entrance over.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Nakamura’s getting a US title reign isn’t he? I guess Joe vs AJ 2018 is next.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Blaise330 posted:

Nakamura’s getting a US title reign isn’t he? I guess Joe vs AJ 2018 is next.

i can't wait to see how terrible the wwe version of aj vs joe is, can you believe that an aj styles verse nakamura feud was awful, what if i told you that a couple years ago? especially since joe has been nothing but fire lately the lovely wrestling theyll do will be special

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Joe hasn’t been phoning it in like Nakamura.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but Joe hasn’t been phoning it in like Nakamura.

Nak was good tonight, he just went out there knowing he isn't allowed to pop the crowd until the 25 minute mark. Joe will be the same, as he was with the hours of rest holds against Roman.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If they did a full-blown babyface I'M CALLING YOU OUT AT THE NEXT PPV cashin a la RVD and Braun beat Brock it would make him winning the case make tons of sense. But there's no way they'll do that so...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fatherofmustard posted:

Vince hates Asians.

And fuckin loves blondes.

Why did Kelly Kelly ever leave?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Shinjobi posted:

And fuckin loves blondes.

Why did Kelly Kelly ever leave?

she got that thing with her neck that Edge and Sheamus got from bumping too hard.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Yay, Alexa Bliss is champ! :holy: Suck it whiners.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Great avatar/post combo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Apparently someone after the show smacked Paige in the face and yelled at her to lose weight while she was waving to fans in her car

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm surprised KEVIN DUNN would show his face in front of wrestling fans like that!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Any matches worth watching?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Strawberry Panda posted:

Any matches worth watching?

The two MitB matches were good. Bryan/Cass was worth watching just to see Bryan drag a *** match out of Cass. Last 10 minutes of Nak/Styles was also good.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
My theory for Braun's win is that they can't come up with a compelling reason for challenging for the title. He has been dicking around doing babyface stuff in the midcard and has no real reason to stop doing that, giving him the briefcase is probably supposed to remind that there are titles and he could have one.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the hardy thing is good as hell. i do still have issues with jeff hardy because drunk driving is an extremely hosed up thing that has killed-slash-very grievously injured friends of mine, so yes i'm super not good with that, but i also developed a pretty bad alcohol issue for awhile so i dunno. i just hope he's actually living better now. i'm glad he's never killed anyone because of his problems, that's for sure. it seems like he gets it on how living like that can hurt other people, but i do know how addiction can be, it's just hard to process all of it. i've always been a huge hardy boyz mark, and jeff specifically, because he was the "cool" one, and we have the same first name, lived in the same state; jeff hardy was the cool guy who was from the south but transcended that. i wanted to be that so bad, and jeff hardy was that.

i'm very glad for matt, it really does seem like he's gotten his poo poo together, and the broken matt character being an analogue for him feeling left behind in the wrestling world is such a good second act for his career. and currently i'm watching smackdowns from when he was matt hardy v1, which is another great character. when he's got the right hook matt hardy can really knock it out of the park. i do hope that jeff can get his poo poo under control, as much as i sympathize with addiction, really, there's no excuse for drunk driving anymore with lyft and uber. especially for someone like jeff hardy. get hosed up if you want, just don't drive, for gently caress's sake.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One thing I loved about the Men's MITB was that Joe wasn't intimidated by BRAUN in the slightest and was ready to throw down with him at all points. Joe owns.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

My theory for Braun's win is that they can't come up with a compelling reason for challenging for the title. He has been dicking around doing babyface stuff in the midcard and has no real reason to stop doing that, giving him the briefcase is probably supposed to remind that there are titles and he could have one.

I know we say sarcastic things like "they can't possibly gently caress up Bayley" to express our doubts about the WWE writing staff, but if they can't come up with a compelling reason for Braun "I Am A Literal Monster Who Goes Over Every Single Person On The Roster Other Than Roman" Strowman to challenge for the title without giving him the briefcase they should just not exist. It's Braun. "I am Braun Strowman and I want the title" is reason enough.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Braun shows up at Brock's farm out of in the middle of nowhere, and Brock is prepared for the attack.

Instead of Pillman flashing a gun at Austin as he broke into his house, Brock points an AA cannon at Braun.

Braun flips over the AA gun as well as Brock's house.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I know we say sarcastic things like "they can't possibly gently caress up Bayley" to express our doubts about the WWE writing staff, but if they can't come up with a compelling reason for Braun "I Am A Literal Monster Who Goes Over Every Single Person On The Roster Other Than Roman" Strowman to challenge for the title without giving him the briefcase they should just not exist. It's Braun. "I am Braun Strowman and I want the title" is reason enough.

which is gonna make it even funnier when roman puts his resume of "losing to brock lesnar a lot" on the titantron for why he should get the title shot at summerslam.

again, wwe keeps setting up these characters with compelling stories, and keeps slapping us all in the face and calling us idiots for thinking something logical would happen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aw boo Finn lost again :(

The men's match was all right with a couple of big spots but overall I liked the women's match way more. They went all out and there was way more brutal hits overall

For how limited Nia is in the ring I thought Rousey/Nia was very good. Rousey's going to be really awesome once she gets a bit of experience and some decent opponents.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 18, 2018

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Hardys WWE 24 is pretty brutally honest, in that it highlights how far Matt's come to turn himself around, and how much of a fuckup Jeff still is. I have no idea why they keep giving him chances. His response is basically "Welp, that happened! Gotta own it and move on!" No dude, you should be in rehab forever until you get what rehab is for.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Braun winning the briefcase is going to be the next thing in line of Stuff Braun Wins and Accomplishes That Isn't the Title Because That Goes To Brock and/or Roman so get ready for:

KotR Braun
Sole Survivor Braun
Brawl 4 All champion Braun
ARMBAR winner Braun
Bragging Rights Trophy winner Braun
Royal Albert Hall Battle Royale winner Braun
The Wrestling Classic winner Braun

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think I'll probably just start skipping main brand ppv's until vince retires/dies. It felt pretty good to give up last night and i already stopped watching raw and smackdown.

NXT and 205 are more than enough to get me my wrestling fix.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Psychepath posted:

Nak was good tonight, he just went out there knowing he isn't allowed to pop the crowd until the 25 minute mark. Joe will be the same, as he was with the hours of rest holds against Roman.

Joe has always done lots of rest holds before the Roman match too.

His finisher is a drat sleeper.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

They only gave Braun the briefcase so they can say “Monster in the Bank”.

No other reason.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The last time the WWE or Universal title changed hands on a PPV was when Jinder won the title.

MitB was somewhat better than expected though still way too loving long. Braun winning the case reeks of cashing in on Roman after Roman finally beats Brock.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

They only gave Braun the briefcase so they can say “Monster in the Bank”.

No other reason.

I hope he regularly calls himself Mister Monster in the Bank

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I like the little callback to how the first ever women's mitb was won by a man.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Saint Freak posted:

I like the little callback to how the first ever women's mitb was won by a man.

Who would ever want to forget that?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CubsWoo posted:

Braun winning the briefcase is going to be the next thing in line of Stuff Braun Wins and Accomplishes That Isn't the Title Because That Goes To Brock and/or Roman so get ready for:

KotR Braun
Sole Survivor Braun
Brawl 4 All champion Braun
ARMBAR winner Braun
Bragging Rights Trophy winner Braun
Royal Albert Hall Battle Royale winner Braun
The Wrestling Classic winner Braun

RAW tag team champion. Meh that’s worth less than kotr. Man I’d be sad if I was Bo and Axel. This was their last chance to have a PPV match that isn’t the ARMBAR for the rest of their careers.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Luigi Thirty posted:

Apparently someone after the show smacked Paige in the face and yelled at her to lose weight while she was waving to fans in her car

what in the hell is wrong with people

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Rarity posted:

Aw boo Finn lost again :(

It sucks that they have literally no plan for Finn other than "popular guy who will always look good in a loss." I'm pretty convinced that he will never hold either the WWE or Universal title again in his time with WWE.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

It sucks that they have literally no plan for Finn other than "popular guy who will always look good in a loss." I'm pretty convinced that he will never hold either the WWE or Universal title again in his time with WWE.

He ruined their plans for him by getting injured.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And then when he got back and tried to show them it was a fluke injury and they could still invest in him long-term without issue, he almost immediately got concussed by the guy they were about to give a 6 month title reign to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

what in the hell is wrong with people

Chicago.

• Locked thread