Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Who are the two teams that can beat Richmond on the MCG in a prelim or a grand final?

Sydney and.....Melbourne.

No, The Age Real Footy Podcast. We are literally 2-4 at the MCG this year including losing to Richmond by 7 goals, and have proven that our greatest weakness is Richmond’s strength: being exposed by tackling pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Based on yesterday I dont think we will be that far off once we get a few more players back. We aren't too bad at the moment but we sorely missed Menzel's polish and the experience of Henderson and Taylor.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’d certainly put you ahead of us. Hawthorn go ahead of us too just based on the fact that if anyone’s going to figure out a way to gently caress Richmond up its Clarkson, it’s just whether he has the cattle to do it this year

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’d certainly put you ahead of us. Hawthorn go ahead of us too just based on the fact that if anyone’s going to figure out a way to gently caress Richmond up its Clarkson, it’s just whether he has the cattle to do it this year

He doesn't.
I think there's a healthy chance West Coast and Sydney can sneak past Richmond and force them to play away from the G for a couple of weeks which might be all the footy world needs to avoid a continuation of the darkest timeline.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Collingwood will win the flag

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just remembered that Adelaide was by far the best team last year and Richmond rolled downhill into a premiership on the back of two home finals they didn't earn and now Adelaide's window is over and Eddie Betts will never play in a premiership

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I don't even want to fathom the idea of Richmond going back to back ... footy is dead if this happens

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

racing identity posted:

Just remembered that Adelaide was by far the best team last year and Richmond rolled downhill into a premiership on the back of two home finals they didn't earn and now Adelaide's window is over and Eddie Betts will never play in a premiership

Adelaide fans will never stop being funny. It was amazing walking down swan street as a tigers supporter last year after the game. Great job on playing well in every game except the one that counted though :smuggo:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

teacup posted:

Adelaide fans will never stop being funny. It was amazing walking down swan street as a tigers supporter last year after the game. Great job on playing well in every game except the one that counted though :smuggo:

I don't think we're very funny :smith:

Outside of a few loudmouths, most of the Crows fans I've seen are pretty accepting that they had a good season, blew it in the last game against a team that clearly deserved to win, and have now fallen well off the pace in 2018. From what I've seen with us it's less hysteria and more just grim acceptance.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 18, 2018

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Who are the two teams that can beat Richmond on the MCG in a prelim or a grand final?

Sydney and.....Melbourne.

No, The Age Real Footy Podcast. We are literally 2-4 at the MCG this year including losing to Richmond by 7 goals, and have proven that our greatest weakness is Richmond’s strength: being exposed by tackling pressure.

The demons have yet to beat a good team so far this year but have a soft draw. If we finish top 4 we will be playing the second week

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

They did get a bit lucky last year but you can accuse most premiers of getting lucky. The cats were lucky Ross Lyon's brain exploded in 2009 when he decided to leave Ball on the bench. Hawthorn were lucky as hell falling over the line in 2 of their 3 premiership prelims and they got lucky in all 3 playing interstate sides on the big day. The Lions were lucky they only had a reasonably good Collingwood team to deal with rather than a truly great rival. Don't even get me started on the leg break Milne got in 2010, or Barry Hall being cleared to play in 2005.

That's not even looking at how many premiership teams simply get an amazing run with injury. You need an element of luck to win a flag. You need an element of luck to succeed in life, to find the right job, the right partner, the right social circle. I don't see the sense in being bitter about it. Sometimes you just get aced by real world RNG and there's gently caress all you can do about it.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

cmndstab posted:

I don't think we're very funny :smith:

Outside of a few loudmouths, most of the Crows fans I've seen are pretty accepting that they had a good season, blew it in the last game against a team that clearly deserved to win, and have now fallen well off the pace in 2018. From what I've seen with us it's less hysteria and more just grim acceptance.

Read what I quoted / your conspiracy theorist team mates in this thread for who I’m mainly talking about.

Real talk I actually don’t mind the crows mainly because it’s so cute how much crows fans care about port Adelaide and how little victorians get that, and it’s just great. I have no idea what’s happened to you guys this year though :/

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Speaking of the Tigers, I just looked at the fixture and for some reason Richmond are playing Sydney at Etihad after the bye. Is this some contractual obligation thing?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

teacup posted:

Read what I quoted / your conspiracy theorist team mates in this thread for who I’m mainly talking about.

Not sure that "teams who play at the MCG have an advantage in finals scheduling" is a conspiracy theory

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think you've got the wrong guy, I'm the one who makes fun of the deranged Adelaide nutters whilst wallowing in sadness at our self destruction

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

monolithburger posted:

Speaking of the Tigers, I just looked at the fixture and for some reason Richmond are playing Sydney at Etihad after the bye. Is this some contractual obligation thing?

I think all Vic teams are required to play a home game there as a burden sharing excercise

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

monolithburger posted:

AFL doing Tiggies a solid against the last team to beat them at the ‘G.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Picked up two copies of Footballistics today, one for me and one for my nephews birthday present :toot:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

teacup posted:

Real talk I actually don’t mind the crows mainly because it’s so cute how much crows fans care about port Adelaide and how little victorians get that, and it’s just great. I have no idea what’s happened to you guys this year though :/

I kinda like Port, tho

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Picked up two copies of Footballistics today, one for me and one for my nephews birthday present :toot:

I'd really like to know what you think of it when you get a chance to read it.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you Adelaide for the press release on Eddie Betts' strained hamstring at 9.30pm on a Tuesday

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
#WeWantAnswersAFC

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
The AFLPA have put out a podcast called Captain's Call, I've listened to half the Fyfe episode, pretty interesting.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

drunkill posted:

#WeWantAnswersAFC

I don't think it's going to pick up steam, if that dude's manifesto is anything to go by half the participants are going to spell the hashtag wrong

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Spedman posted:

The AFLPA have put out a podcast called Captain's Call, I've listened to half the Fyfe episode, pretty interesting.

Have they done an episode on how underrated Lachie Neale is?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

racing identity posted:

Thank you Adelaide for the press release on Eddie Betts' strained hamstring at 9.30pm on a Tuesday

Oh. Excellent. Just what we needed.

I guess Lachie Murphy will get some more games which is a nice story at least.

In other news, I see O'Brien got injured as well leaving us with effectively no backup ruck. I guess there's Paul Hunter on the rookie list, but more likely we'd just play Otten as a ruck if Jacobs got injured.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 19, 2018

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Have they done an episode on how underrated Lachie Neale is?

He's on the Over-Under Podcast with Alex Rance weekly.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poor Adelaide, gone from Premiership hopefuls to Percentage Boosters

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

cmndstab posted:

Oh. Excellent. Just what we needed.

I guess Lachie Murphy will get some more games which is a nice story at least.

In other news, I see O'Brien got injured as well leaving us with effectively no backup ruck. I guess there's Paul Hunter on the rookie list, but more likely we'd just play Otten as a ruck if Jacobs got injured.

I've got some bad news about Paul Hunter's status on the injury list

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

I'd really like to know what you think of it when you get a chance to read it.

I got about a quarter trough on the train yesterday and today, it’s fantastic.

The only downside is it makes me angry at how poo poo the data we get access to is compared to what is available from Champion. The level of detail they must have has access to for some of the things in this book is incredible.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

:siren::siren::siren:SLOANE JOINS MELBOURNE:siren::siren::siren:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

racing identity posted:

I've got some bad news about Paul Hunter's status on the injury list

Motherfucker

And hahaha, you didn't even make that Sloane headline up. Classic AFL journalism.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Get outta here, Barret!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

IF...you don’t want lovely takes
THEN...we reckon you’re on the wrong forum

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
dear lord this is a terrible week of games outside port vs melbourne.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

um i'm pretty sure you'll all derive great enjoyment from the hawks losing to the suns

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snoremac posted:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Everytime I see your avatar I think that drat awful trophy looks like its photoshopped over the top of something worthwhile for a joke

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Everytime I see your avatar I think that drat awful trophy looks like its photoshopped over the top of something worthwhile for a joke

Yeah it’s honestly impressive, it looks similar to how vantablack does in photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sheed omitted and Jackson Nelson keeps his place? What are you smoking Adam Simpson?