Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Apparently someone after the show smacked Paige in the face and yelled at her to lose weight while she was waving to fans in her car

"Paige, start using all the drugs again so I find you attractive!" SMACK...

It was ADR, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I was planning to swoop in and brag that Alexa won MitB, and then I found out from this thread that she already cashed in and is YOUR new RAW Women's Champion!

:grin: :grin: :grin: THE GODDESS :grin: :grin: :grin: got her belt back

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

dromal phrenia posted:

I was planning to swoop in and brag that Alexa won MitB, and then I found out from this thread that she already cashed in and is YOUR new RAW Women's Champion!

:grin: :grin: :grin: THE GODDESS :grin: :grin: :grin: got her belt back
:emptyquote:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont compare Alexa with Carmella what the gently caress is wrong with you people

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
KO did a Foley off the cage bump on a C tier PPV and no one has posted about it in the last two pages

wwe sucks so much

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

KO did a Foley off the cage bump on a C tier PPV and no one has posted about it in the last two pages

wwe sucks so much

Was the laptop that someone had left on the table supposed to be there?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

wwe sucks so much

It was very obviously a table on top of a shitload of padding. This isn't even close to a Foley bump.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

wwe sucks so much

probably because there's nothing else to say other than 'wow kevin owens is a stupid person'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Dont compare Alexa with Carmella what the gently caress is wrong with you people

You're right, she's much more like Peak Bad HHH

SD:
2 Alexa Bliss 1 December 4, 2016 70
3 Naomi 1 February 12, 2017 9
— Vacated — February 21, 2017
4 Alexa Bliss 2 February 21, 2017 40

Raw:
9 Alexa Bliss 1 April 30, 2017 112
10 Sasha Banks 4 August 20, 2017 8
11 Alexa Bliss 2 August 28, 2017 223
12 Nia Jax 1 April 8, 2018 70
13 Alexa Bliss 3 June 17, 2018 1+

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Apparently someone after the show smacked Paige in the face and yelled at her to lose weight while she was waving to fans in her car

who says wwe doesn't listen to their fans

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Alexa is really stale as champion so get ready for another 9 month reign

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

they both suck, dr g

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Alexa is really stale as champion so get ready for another 9 month reign

Longer :smugdon:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I was gonna call this totally unfair, but then I remembered one of my girlfriends got into a fist fight with a dude in the city this weekend....

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bliss should be booked like heel champ CM Punk, not 2003 HHH. As much as I love her, I'd rather they give her something else to do for a while. ("Moment of Bliss" on random wrestlers, perhaps.)

Though maybe she's transitional because they didn't want to put the strap on Ronda right away.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

they both suck, dr g

If they both suck how come they are both champions. Checkmate, nerd

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Both women's divisions are bad right now. On RAW you have Alexa Bliss as the champion, and on Smackdown you have Carmella. It's like WWE is actively trying to go back to the divas era now. At least NXT's women's division is still good, because at least Triple H doesn't push talent based off of looks alone. :shobon:

What I'm saying is NXT is good. Main roster is bad. I hope people like Sasha, Asuka, Becky etc can find their way back to NXT and extend the show to two hours. Same goes for the Revival, AOP, etc.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The only saving grace for WWE is Vince dying and then we can only hope HHH/Steph don’t just do the exact same thing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

The only saving grace for WWE is Vince dying and then we can only hope HHH/Steph don’t just do the exact same thing.
vince is going to harvest michael cole’s organs and live to 130

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I wouldn't put too much of my hopes on the idiotic daughter and the doofus son-in-law.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Alexa owns and I hope she once again doesn't have a single title defense until Wrestlemania. The top RAW belts should never be defended.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Imagine putting your hopes in Stephanie McMahon.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Blonde heel champs. Now. Then. Forever.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I wouldn't put too much of my hopes on the idiotic daughter and the doofus son-in-law.

NXT Takeovers pretty much always beat the poo poo out of whatever WWE PPV airs the day after. And NXT is ran (and mostly booked) by Triple H. He seems to be less...random than Vince is when it comes to telling stories as well. If we get even a quarter of NXT level booking on the main roster, it would be a VAST improvement over what we get now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Carmella had the good sense to ditch Big Cass so if anything she's too smart to be the champ.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Has Ellsworth signed a contract? Did Gillberg lose his tag team partner? :ohdear:

Hey maybe Ellsworth can get his win back against Becky.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

You're right, she's much more like Peak Bad HHH

SD:
2 Alexa Bliss 1 December 4, 2016 70
3 Naomi 1 February 12, 2017 9
— Vacated — February 21, 2017
4 Alexa Bliss 2 February 21, 2017 40

Raw:
9 Alexa Bliss 1 April 30, 2017 112
10 Sasha Banks 4 August 20, 2017 8
11 Alexa Bliss 2 August 28, 2017 223
12 Nia Jax 1 April 8, 2018 70
13 Alexa Bliss 3 June 17, 2018 1+

alexa is better on the mic and has a better character that "i want to be NWA Flair with Harley Race-Lemmy moustache".

ALSO the only one that i totally buy that deserves better is Becky.

Bayley, Sasha, the nxt callouts, retarded laycool they all suck

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 18, 2018

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm glad you're all finally getting on the Alexa Bliss Was Always Bad train.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

actually alexa bliss is good

good at having poo poo matches

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa is better that every horsewomen not named Becky

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Good Alexa PPV matches:

2016 Backlash six-pack challenge (sorta; she was the first person eliminated)
2017 WrestleMania six-pack challenge (sorta; it's an "everyone get your poo poo in" match that was pressed for time, but I had fun with it)
2017 Eat Balls vs. Sasha (even with a crap finish)
2017 SummerSlam vs. Sasha
2017 No Mercy fatal five-way (got more stars from Meltzer than Brock/Braun that night)
2018 MITB

In retrospect, I wish more stuff would've happened with Sasha/Alexa. And I wish I could put Charlotte/Alexa on here from '17 Survivor Series but it never really gelled.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Alexa is good at talking and decent at wrestling. She's one of the women actually allowed to have a personality, which is the real problem.

Champion Alexa is much better than Sasha "can she successfully defend her title even once" Banks or "is Sasha really my friend" Bayley.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
The UK Tournament begins today and is going to be very good, but doesn't air for a week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

In retrospect, I wish more stuff would've happened with Sasha/Alexa. And I wish I could put Charlotte/Alexa on here from '17 Survivor Series but it never really gelled.

It almost gelled but then Alexa bumped away from the gel five seconds too early.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The brand split and women's equality stuff is really messing with the structure of these shows now. It was weird having two women's title matches AND a women's MITB. Like the level of heat/interest in the women's division is not nearly high enough to justify all three of those segments. Yet all three have become mandatory. That's not good!

When Brock's around, that's 4 "top" titles that need to be on a show. Unless you leave a title off, which really shouldn't be happening. You cannot sustain interest and hype for 4 "top" title matches, so you're gonna have world championship matches intentionally laid out as midcard filler stuff and it's just gonna bring down the overall quality and hype for everything.

Man I'm not against the brand split on principle but doing co-branded specials all the time is really gonna kill some heat all around.

That's another thing NXT shows have going for them actually. None of this baggage to have to book around. You can actually build a typical show around a proper climax in a top title match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Both women's divisions are bad right now. On RAW you have Alexa Bliss as the champion, and on Smackdown you have Carmella. It's like WWE is actively trying to go back to the divas era now. At least NXT's women's division is still good, because at least Triple H doesn't push talent based off of looks alone. :shobon:

What I'm saying is NXT is good. Main roster is bad. I hope people like Sasha, Asuka, Becky etc can find their way back to NXT and extend the show to two hours. Same goes for the Revival, AOP, etc.

Ronda and Nia had a better match than Shayna and Nikki did.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Good Alexa PPV matches:

2016 Backlash six-pack challenge (sorta; she was the first person eliminated)
2017 WrestleMania six-pack challenge (sorta; it's an "everyone get your poo poo in" match that was pressed for time, but I had fun with it)
2017 Eat Balls vs. Sasha (even with a crap finish)
2017 SummerSlam vs. Sasha
2017 No Mercy fatal five-way (got more stars from Meltzer than Brock/Braun that night)
2018 MITB

lol so she can have a good match iff she’s hidden behind like 5 other people or if Sasha will bump like a maniac for her

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

lol so she can have a good match iff she’s hidden behind like 5 other people or if Sasha will bump like a maniac for her

I guess that means she's the Finn Balor of the women's division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa beating the crap out of Bayley with the kendo stick was fun.

• Locked thread