Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

~Coxy posted:

Is there any way for you to avoid the keyboard navigation shortcuts being invoked when the user types a browser chord?

i.e. Control+F jumps to first post on the current page.

Looks like a bug; thanks for the report!

edit: I can't actually reproduce this anymore on Nightly, so I'm guessing something got fixed on the Firefox side or something.

astral fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I changed PC and reinstalled Windows. I imported all my Chrome data so everything is back to normal but one thing...

Everything I type and all the posts are bold... but just on SA with SALR. I know I had this exact issue the previous time I installed Windows and I can't find info about it in the old thread where I remember even posting... It's been quite a while and I can't remember for the life of me what I ended up doing.

Anyone remember something similar from another user or something? It's getting late so I'll try some more tomorrow but I wanted to write here in case someone has an idea!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Hemish posted:

I changed PC and reinstalled Windows. I imported all my Chrome data so everything is back to normal but one thing...

Everything I type and all the posts are bold... but just on SA with SALR. I know I had this exact issue the previous time I installed Windows and I can't find info about it in the old thread where I remember even posting... It's been quite a while and I can't remember for the life of me what I ended up doing.

Anyone remember something similar from another user or something? It's getting late so I'll try some more tomorrow but I wanted to write here in case someone has an idea!

The forums font is Roboto. It's also the Android font.

Chrome's font handling is interesting at the best of times (hardcoded and unoverrideable font usage, Google? Seriously?!) and probably gets more so with the font Google uses for Android, so you may want to check if you have a full set of Roboto font files and either fill them out from Google Fonts or just uninstall Roboto entirely.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

dont be mean to me posted:

The forums font is Roboto. It's also the Android font.

Chrome's font handling is interesting at the best of times (hardcoded and unoverrideable font usage, Google? Seriously?!) and probably gets more so with the font Google uses for Android, so you may want to check if you have a full set of Roboto font files and either fill them out from Google Fonts or just uninstall Roboto entirely.

My man!!

As soon as I saw you talk about Roboto I remembered that's what I had to do last time. Getting the full Roboto fonts, closing Chrome, logging back to SA and it worked like a charm!

Thank you for jogging my memory!

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Quote and Reply buttons seem to be broken in YOSPOS:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

that's by design to stop your bad posts

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Blinkz0rz posted:

Quote and Reply buttons seem to be broken in YOSPOS:

Must be because you've got the wrong color settings.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
As of the latest (60.0 64 bit) FF update, the post editor appears to have stopped functioning. Every time I reply, I go to the standard form.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Samizdata posted:

As of the latest (60.0 64 bit) FF update, the post editor appears to have stopped functioning. Every time I reply, I go to the standard form.

PM me your SALR settings string or troubleshooting page info from clicking the logo in settings and I'll see if I can reproduce it with that but I can't get it to break on Dev Edition or Nightly with my current settings.

astral fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 10, 2018

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Thanks for bringing SALR to Firefox - I was really missing it after upgrading to 57. There are a few changes that I had to adapt to, but there are some great features in Redux that weren't in the pre-57 Fx version. In particular, I really like the auto image parsing, but I prefer timgs. Is it possible and reasonably easy to add an option to parse timg instead of img?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I just copy and pasted an imgur url, and it pasted it as [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/<>.jpg)

Is this intended behavior?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

iospace posted:

I just copy and pasted an imgur url, and it pasted it as [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/<>.jpg)

Is this intended behavior?

No. What was the URL, and is it reproducible?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

astral posted:

No. What was the URL, and is it reproducible?

It's reproducible...

but it's because io hit the wrong "copy" button from the imgur page :downs:

My bad.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

is it possible for this extension to have a "click to play" for GIFs like the awful.app does? some of the new trendy glitchy avatars are giving me migraines :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I really miss the Toggle Gifs extension which new Firefox killed*.

Being able to pause, and even rewind, gifs was so handy.

* I miss a lot of things new Firefox killed.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

is it possible for this extension to have a "click to play" for GIFs like the awful.app does? some of the new trendy glitchy avatars are giving me migraines :(

Hide/Show an individual user's avatars toggle button is good for things like that. Not yet available on Chrome.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

When will SALR be available on Safari?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

nevermind

Alder fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 11, 2018

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Is it possible to slightly move the Navigator bar to accommodate the new scroll up button a bit better?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Decius posted:

Is it possible to slightly move the Navigator bar to accommodate the new scroll up button a bit better?

If anything, the new scroll up button should be hidden to resolve this. For the short term I recommend adblocking it.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I don't know if it's because my firefox profile is over a gig or not but for awhile now it's been randomly pausing/locking up for 10 seconds and it's REALLY annoying. I need to open that page noooow!

So! Instead of, you know, tiding up my poo poo I instead thought I'd give Chrome a try. Currently adding all my extentions (or those closed to them) and I have a small issue with the Forum Jump List button next to Chrome's address bar.

It lists every single subforum. How do I select which ones and only those to offer me?

Also it seems I can't right click to bring up my mouse menu for things like spell check and "search for selected text on google" Is that a SALR problem or a Chrome problem? The right mouse button's navigation gestures work fine.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

I don't know if it's because my firefox profile is over a gig or not but for awhile now it's been randomly pausing/locking up for 10 seconds and it's REALLY annoying. I need to open that page noooow!

So! Instead of, you know, tiding up my poo poo I instead thought I'd give Chrome a try. Currently adding all my extentions (or those closed to them) and I have a small issue with the Forum Jump List button next to Chrome's address bar.

It lists every single subforum. How do I select which ones and only those to offer me?

Pin the ones you want and they'll show up at the top.

quote:

Also it seems I can't right click to bring up my mouse menu for things like spell check and "search for selected text on google" Is that a SALR problem or a Chrome problem? The right mouse button's navigation gestures work fine.

With the setting I believe is the default there, you can hit the 'alt' key to toggle between "OS right click menu" and "mouse gesture nav".

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Is the browser bar extension still around? I'm getting a 404 on that page.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

You mean the black one with like "Search Images Maps Youtube" etc?

I found this
https://www.stefanvd.net/project/proper-menubar/browser/index.htm

Other things I downloaded because Chrome doesn't have them as default for some strange reason:
webm volume slider. Because who doesn't love opening webm's at Reference Level??
Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 18, 2018

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I was thinking of the one in the OP, for Firefox:

I'm not sure what it actually does / did, as I never used it in the past. I just updated to Firefox Quantum and to SALR Redux, trying to familiarize myself with what's available.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Kestral posted:

I was thinking of the one in the OP, for Firefox:

I'm not sure what it actually does / did, as I never used it in the past. I just updated to Firefox Quantum and to SALR Redux, trying to familiarize myself with what's available.

The bar icon is built into the normal extension for Firefox, so the separate bar extension is no longer needed/useful there; the OP needs to get updated for that. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 18, 2018

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

astral posted:

The bar icon is built into the normal extension for Firefox, so the separate bar extension is no longer needed/useful there; the OP needs to get updated for that. :)

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks! And thanks for maintaining this extension, it really is a lifesaver.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Is there any chance you could add an anti-page sniping option that auto strips images/movies out of the first post on a page?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Page snipe pet tax in some D&D threads is the best, though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Booourns posted:

Is there any chance you could add an anti-page sniping option that auto strips images/movies out of the first post on a page?

That sounds like it would result in a lot of false positives: people would miss out on legitimate images/videos.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Steakandchips posted:

When will SALR be available on Safari?

:yossame:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Hmmm, I just had all my SALR settings wiped.

I cleaned the firefox cache and cookies + website storage, and AFAIK that seems to be what did it. Which is pretty unusual, I've never seen an extension be touched by that before and it didn't affect any other extension this time.

Are you keeping SALR's settings, user notes, etc in storage related to somethingawful.com rather than dedicated extension storage? That seems crazy, but I can't think how else it would have happened.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Klyith posted:

Hmmm, I just had all my SALR settings wiped.

I cleaned the firefox cache and cookies + website storage, and AFAIK that seems to be what did it. Which is pretty unusual, I've never seen an extension be touched by that before and it didn't affect any other extension this time.

Are you keeping SALR's settings, user notes, etc in storage related to somethingawful.com rather than dedicated extension storage? That seems crazy, but I can't think how else it would have happened.

astral posted:

The problem is likely because SALR Redux is using localStorage. SALR Chrome was designed when localStorage was the only way to keep extension preferences - storage.local is the replacement for extensions, and unlike localStorage it isn't cleared along with your browser history. I'm working on changing Redux over to use storage.local (and the careful migration of user data thereto), but I haven't had a ton of time for it so it's slow going.

Redux has not yet been changed from using localStorage to storage.local; it's still #1 on my todo list and I still haven't had a ton of time to dedicate to it. It should be done in the next month or so.

If you have a backup of your profile, I recommend loading it up, copying your settings string, then pasting it into your current post-wipe profile.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

astral posted:

Redux has not yet been changed from using localStorage to storage.local; it's still #1 on my todo list and I still haven't had a ton of time to dedicate to it. It should be done in the next month or so.

Aha, sorry for not reading the thread. An artifact of the chrome -> firefox port I presume?

Anyways, thanks for your work whenever it gets done!

quote:

If you have a backup of your profile, I recommend loading it up, copying your settings string, then pasting it into your current post-wipe profile.

Still have a backup of my pre-56 FF profile with classic SALR so I can re-import that again. Not a total loss.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

astral posted:

PM me your SALR settings string or troubleshooting page info from clicking the logo in settings and I'll see if I can reproduce it with that but I can't get it to break on Dev Edition or Nightly with my current settings.

Actually I'm having a similar issue with Debian Linux FF 52.8.1esr-2, where the quote and reply buttons are showing javascript(void(0)) instead of links, looks like a jquery error. Disabling SALR fixes the issue at the moment. I'll pm you the string .

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ewe2 posted:

Actually I'm having a similar issue with Debian Linux FF 52.8.1esr-2, where the quote and reply buttons are showing javascript(void(0)) instead of links, looks like a jquery error. Disabling SALR fixes the issue at the moment. I'll pm you the string .

You're using Firefox 52. People can install it there if they want but it's not a recommended or supported configuration - a ton of Webextensions stuff is missing in 52. You could still use legacy SALR with that version of Firefox, or update Firefox to the current release branch (or higher).

e: added link

astral fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 25, 2018

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ah that would be it then, new firefox works, at least it does now for 60.0.2.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
astral, just wondering, is Safari support on the roadmap? I honestly don't know how different the codebase is and how much work it would be so I'm not demanding, I'm just curious and I like using Safari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Weatherman posted:

astral, just wondering, is Safari support on the roadmap? I honestly don't know how different the codebase is and how much work it would be so I'm not demanding, I'm just curious and I like using Safari

As far as I know, it is not on the roadmap.