Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I guess that means she's the Finn Balor of the women's division.
do you just have a rolodex of stupid takes or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't believe that in two months Asuka went from unstoppable killing machine, to woman who's terrified of ghosts/men in drag.

Even worse now we have the exact same heel women's champ on both shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

do you just have a rolodex of stupid takes or something

Yeah right here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859847&userid=66495

Boom. Roasted.

Finn is boring if Seth isn't carrying him.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

JT Smiley posted:

Even worse now we have the exact same heel women's champ on both shows.

Uh, Alexa does not even have one Drag Ghost that we know of.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah right here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859847&userid=66495

Boom. Roasted.

Finn is boring if Seth isn't carrying him.

I'm beginning to think you just hate the Irish.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I am a very big Finn fan just not of his ring work, or his talking.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Aphrodite posted:

ah a fellow baby oil enthusiast

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Being a fan of a man's abs is not the same as being a fan of that man!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Being a fan of a man's abs is not the same as being a fan of that man!

Don't reduce him to an object, he has other parts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

Hold me back, guys. Hold me back!

Minidust posted:

The brand split and women's equality stuff is really messing with the structure of these shows now. It was weird having two women's title matches AND a women's MITB. Like the level of heat/interest in the women's division is not nearly high enough to justify all three of those segments. Yet all three have become mandatory. That's not good!

The women's matches were the only decent matches of the night though. And between Rousey, Asuka and ladder chaos there was enough heat to cover all three easily.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I dunno how true it is, but...(potential future spoiler) Ellsworth is apparently only contracted for a few appearances. If that's the case, I expect him to get the holy hell beat out of him this week or next week, most likely setting up a rematch at Extreme Rules for Asuka and Carmella. Or they'll write him off at ER, in a 2v1 handicap match. Asuka vs Carmella and Ellsworth.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

DarkstarIV posted:

I dunno how true it is, but...(potential future spoiler) Ellsworth is apparently only contracted for a few appearances. If that's the case, I expect him to get the holy hell beat out of him this week or next week, most likely setting up a rematch at Extreme Rules for Asuka and Carmella. Or they'll write him off at ER, in a 2v1 handicap match. Asuka vs Carmella and Ellsworth.

If nothing else, I hope WWE has the sense to let Ellsworth wink at the camera when he's inevitably stretchered out of the company.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Saint Freak posted:

Braun's new gimmick will be glorious, as will him being squashed by Ronda Rousey.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm gonna laugh so hard when Vince's idea is that if Roman wins the title at Summerslam and then defeats Braun immediately after on a cash-in, we'll have to think he's amazing!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Saint Freak posted:

She has an evil luchador which is almost the same thing under Scooby Doo rules.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

no the management have faith in alexa

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Minidust posted:

women's equality stuff is really messing with the structure of these shows now.
I bet you complain about Battlefield V too.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I really enjoyed Alexa and Becky's Smackdown feud. (Perhaps unsurprisingly given that it involved my favourite heel and face in the division)

I thought the match where Alexa dislocated here arm to beat Becky in a title defense was great. I thought the Luchadora antics that followed were hilarious in the same way I enjoyed the Conquistadors back in the attitude era.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Ronda Rousey is the greatest, she should be the guy instead of Roman.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

I really enjoyed Alexa and Becky's Smackdown feud. (Perhaps unsurprisingly given that it involved my favourite heel and face in the division)

I thought the match where Alexa dislocated here arm to beat Becky in a title defense was great. I thought the Luchadora antics that followed were hilarious in the same way I enjoyed the Conquistadors back in the attitude era.

That feud was pretty fire and had memorable spots, if not actually good matches. Should've gone on for longer IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZblfhKZh5Q

Good stuff.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The Becky/Alexa feud was pretty bad IMO. Alexa stood tall in almost all of their segments and made Becky look like a chump.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fatherofmustard posted:

Alexa stood tall
lol

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Ronda wrestles like Brock in that she's willing to kill herself at times.

She is sloppy, but she sell like a champ and is at least entertaining as hell.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Rarity posted:

The women's matches were the only decent matches of the night though. And between Rousey, Asuka and ladder chaos there was enough heat to cover all three easily.

sticklefifer posted:

I bet you complain about Battlefield V too.
Ha poor choice of words, I just mean that there are now two brands with two singles divisions each so it really bloats these PPV cards, between the mandatory title matches and whichever stipulation match is that month. I picked on the women because it's the new thing WWE is pushing while having far smaller rosters to work with.

There was indeed good women's wrestling last night, but in a perfect world I feel Asuka/Carmella wouldn't have been on this show. But, there's a Smackdown women's title represented on the PPV, so they get a slot. Fact is there are two small women's divisions, each with their own champion... meaning two small pools of challengers get run through more quickly. Askuka gets a screwy silly loss on the same show that had a screwy finish in the Raw women's championship match. Bad booking is the real problem but it's really dumb when those storylines are happening like an hour apart on the same broadcast.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 18, 2018

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

At the wwe uk tourney thing and comped straight to much pricier seats. Cheers uncle paul

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i hope roman is feuding with braun for the summerslam-mania stretch because its going to backfire hilariously for vince

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The booking philosophies between NXT and Main Roster are jarring.

NXT: We don't have the room for everyone on a Takeover card, we want to make sure we have quality over quanity
WWE: We're moving PPVs to 7 hours and there's a 20 man battle royal at every one of them

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

fatherofmustard posted:

The Becky/Alexa feud was pretty bad IMO. Alexa stood tall in almost all of their segments and made Becky look like a chump.

That's basically the formula for all Alexa fueds.

I've never been a huge Becky fan, but the woman deserves better.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I sorta wonder if WWE is still planning on running Reigns vs Mahal II at Extreme Rules next month. Especially since its in Pittsburgh.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

RealFoxy posted:

The booking philosophies between NXT and Main Roster are jarring.

NXT: We don't have the room for everyone on a Takeover card, we want to make sure we have quality over quanity
WWE: We're moving PPVs to 7 hours and there's a 20 man battle royal at every one of them

Also, you drat near have to murder someone in a Takeover match to win a title. Meanwhile on the main roster a shiny object and a swift breeze can get you championship gold.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Alexa can't sell for poo poo. Which is why she always goes over because she's worse than useless at making others look strong.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I guess its time to reiterate my stance, which is the good and correct stance, that Alexa is
1.) The Best Woman on the Mic (and one of the top talkers in WWE period)
2.) The Best Woman at character work in-ring
3.) Mediocre at wrestling

thus she is better than all your favorites, unless maybe your favorite is Becky Lynch, who is a great wrestler that is mediocre on the mic (read: still better than almost all the women)

im looking forward to her interactions with Rousey :)

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

I sorta wonder if WWE is still planning on running Reigns vs Mahal II at Extreme Rules next month. Especially since its in Pittsburgh.

Its the WWE gently caress You Smark Towns Tour!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince's way of hating on well known smark cities. Seems legit.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Minidust posted:

The brand split and women's equality stuff is really messing with the structure of these shows now. It was weird having two women's title matches AND a women's MITB. Like the level of heat/interest in the women's division is not nearly high enough to justify all three of those segments. Yet all three have become mandatory. That's not good!

When Brock's around, that's 4 "top" titles that need to be on a show. Unless you leave a title off, which really shouldn't be happening. You cannot sustain interest and hype for 4 "top" title matches, so you're gonna have world championship matches intentionally laid out as midcard filler stuff and it's just gonna bring down the overall quality and hype for everything.

There is plenty of interest in the women's division, and the fact that they're getting more time and being treated as legitimate wrestlers rather than a sideshow is a pretty big deal, especially for female viewers and all the young girls that look up to wrestlers as role models. I know of many young girls who have incredible respect for the women's division and think "I could do that when I grow up" in a far healthier way than watching bra and panties matches or weird strip poker segments.

The women's division is a big deal in so many ways, and boo hoo for you that you have to go through the effort of fast-forwarding through something far more spectacular than having Roman and Jinder on our screens week in and week out.

Whinging about how all the women's matches aren't in a row so you can ignore the PPV for 30 minutes because the women still only get short matches unless it's a gimmick like MITB or Elimination Chamber? Seriously?

Literally complaining about "women's equality" about a company that will do PPVs in a country that wouldn't even allow women to show up on screen is quite a take.

As a female smark, I have one final thing to say to ya-

Go gently caress yourself.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 18, 2018

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Women's matches last night:

MITB: drat good laddery spotfest
SDL title: poo poo, but because of booking, not because of its existence
Raw title: Actually decent! With a cash-in the crowd popped for

Meanwhile the men gave us Roman/Jinder and Zayn/Lashley, jes sayin'

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

the escape goat posted:

There is plenty of interest in the women's division, and the fact that they're getting more time and being treated as legitimate wrestlers rather than a sideshow is a pretty big deal, especially for female viewers and all the young girls that look up to wrestlers as role models. I know of many young girls who have incredible respect for the women's division and think "I could do that when I grow up" in a far healthier way than watching bra and panties matches or weird strip poker segments.

The women's division is a big deal in so many ways, and boo hoo for you that you have to go through the effort of fast-forwarding through something far more spectacular than having Roman and Jinder on our screens week in and week out.

Whinging about how all the women's matches aren't in a row so you can ignore the PPV for 30 minutes because the women still only get short matches unless it's a gimmick like MITB or Elimination Chamber? Seriously?

Literally complaining about "women's equality" about a company that will do PPVs in a country that wouldn't even allow women to show up on screen is quite a take.

As a female smark, I have one final thing to say to ya-

Go gently caress yourself.
triggered???

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

nia/ronda didn't actually suck

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm still laughing at Coachman tho.

Coach: 'See the bearhug is a good thing because it's uh..it's slowing the match down and giving Ronda a chance to catch her breath'
*Ronda is very obviously having her breath squeezed out of her*
Graves: 'How are you still employed?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

boar guy posted:

nia/ronda didn't actually suck

It was pretty good. I think Ronda will be really good once she learns how to promo.

• Locked thread