Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Has Coachman always been this bad? He seems to have gotten infinitely worse between now and his first run with WWE. I think being on ESPN got to his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

piss tape israel posted:

Has Coachman always been this bad? He seems to have gotten infinitely worse between now and his first run with WWE. I think being on ESPN got to his head.

one of the guys calling the world cup for fox sounds like coachman and it's loving driving me crazy because he sucks

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/coreypierceart/status/1008782310832050176

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Two Beans posted:

Its the WWE gently caress You Smark Towns Tour!
Pittsburgh is in no way a smark town unless you are having a show at a small venue like Stage AE

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pittsburgh's only real smarky event was the Rumble and that's not indicative of the host city much at all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bradzilla posted:

It was pretty good. I think Ronda will be really good once she learns how to promo.

The biggest problem with Ronda right now is there's a huge disconnect between in-ring Ronda and promo Ronda. Promo Ronda is awful and I don't give a poo poo about her but as soon as she turned into in-ring Ronda last night I remembered how great she was at WM and was instantly sucked in to seeing how she got on against Nia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alexa should be Ronda's advocate.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm imagining Alexa doing her best Paul Heyman impression and it's making me laugh

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

the escape goat posted:

There is plenty of interest in the women's division, and the fact that they're getting more time and being treated as legitimate wrestlers rather than a sideshow is a pretty big deal, especially for female viewers and all the young girls that look up to wrestlers as role models. I know of many young girls who have incredible respect for the women's division and think "I could do that when I grow up" in a far healthier way than watching bra and panties matches or weird strip poker segments.

The women's division is a big deal in so many ways, and boo hoo for you that you have to go through the effort of fast-forwarding through something far more spectacular than having Roman and Jinder on our screens week in and week out.

Whinging about how all the women's matches aren't in a row so you can ignore the PPV for 30 minutes because the women still only get short matches unless it's a gimmick like MITB or Elimination Chamber? Seriously?

Literally complaining about "women's equality" about a company that will do PPVs in a country that wouldn't even allow women to show up on screen is quite a take.

As a female smark, I have one final thing to say to ya-

Go gently caress yourself.
I ain't mad about three women's matches. It's just that in this case, all three were in service of filling this complicated quota of title and stipulation matches that exists due to PPVs being co-branded and 4 hours.

Will this setup lend itself to dramatic matches where we witness a woman climb up the card? I doubt it. Co-branded PPVs means we are likely to get this same Title/Title/Stip configuration for the women's matches on every show.

Perhaps I underestimated the level of interest in the matches last night? If you were hyped then that's cool. :)

My main point is that they have too many mandatory spots to fill on these shows and it feels impossible to book these coherently into the emotional storytelling climaxes that make wrestling great.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Can't wait for smackdown when Asuka loses her contract rematch because she gets distracted and counted out by a particularly shiny penny at ringside for over a minute because thats her gimmick now

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

don't do this dumb poo poo

projecthalaxy posted:

Can't wait for smackdown when Asuka loses her contract rematch because she gets distracted and counted out by a particularly shiny penny at ringside for over a minute because thats her gimmick now

The way Asuka has gone from "unstoppable killing machine" to "inept at everything" is deeply depressing and makes me wonder if she'll even still be here in a year.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

She doesn't get a rematch since she was never champion. That being said, she's advertised to be competing at Extreme Rules, most likely against Carmella again, since they are the only two SDL women advertised as of a few hours ago.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CarlCX posted:

don't do this dumb poo poo
bite me

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol at the superhot "there's too much women's wrestling :qq:" takes

why yes I'd like Roman/Jinder to get another 10 minutes instead

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CarlCX posted:

The way Asuka has gone from "unstoppable killing machine" to "inept at everything" is deeply depressing and makes me wonder if she'll even still be here in a year.

No seriously, ending the streak was great because now it opens up sooooo many interesting storyline possibilities. Just wait and see.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Charlotte should lose to a haunted Ric Flair robe.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

asuka being somewhat disturbed by the fake asuka but twice as freaked out by james ellsworth is extremely funny and i don't even care

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DarkstarIV posted:

She doesn't get a rematch since she was never champion. That being said, she's advertised to be competing at Extreme Rules, most likely against Carmella again, since they are the only two SDL women advertised as of a few hours ago.

Oh yeah. I kinda forgot she wasn't the champion for a moment because it kinda seems like she should be? OK, then sub in "loses a handicap match to Mella and Ellsworth" in my prediction

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Maybe the Mania loss was just the start of a different kind of streak for Asuka.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh yeah. I kinda forgot she wasn't the champion for a moment because it kinda seems like she should be? OK, then sub in "loses a handicap match to Mella and Ellsworth" in my prediction

Doubt it. I have a strong feeling if Asuka is facing both Ellsworth and Carmella at Extreme Rules (most likely for the title), Asuka is winning. Ellsworth has a ton of indy dates still lined up in late July through October, and if WWE had signed him to a contract, they would have had him cancel those dates. So I can see Ellsworth getting tapped out by Asuka, costing Carmella the title, and as a result, Carmella "dumps" him again (she then goes on to lose her obligatory rematch probably the following Tuesday).

Basically from what I've seen, he's only going to be making a handful of appearances and then loving off again. Dave also mentioned that Charlotte is going to be missing until late July, after which she's going to start setting up her Summerslam program, which will probably be Asuka vs Charlotte II.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

i will bite you. i will.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NXT UK:

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1008803290824495105

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fans mark for Alexa for her booking? for her character work? It was a smark town? I remember they cheered when she won elimination chamber, they actually bought her faux face promo and cheered when she told them to gently caress themselves.

In sintesis: Alexa Bliss is good

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

Minidust posted:

I ain't mad about three women's matches. It's just that in this case, all three were in service of filling this complicated quota of title and stipulation matches that exists due to PPVs being co-branded and 4 hours.

Will this setup lend itself to dramatic matches where we witness a woman climb up the card? I doubt it. Co-branded PPVs means we are likely to get this same Title/Title/Stip configuration for the women's matches on every show.

Perhaps I underestimated the level of interest in the matches last night? If you were hyped then that's cool. :)

My main point is that they have too many mandatory spots to fill on these shows and it feels impossible to book these coherently into the emotional storytelling climaxes that make wrestling great.

Your statement makes more sense now, which is A+.

I’d still rather have “mandated matches” than the trash that was Zayn v Lashley or Jinder v Literally Anyone outside of a title defense.

...so I guess I’m saying “please no more Jinder ever”

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The women booking is kind of organic ? at least its better than the awful sasha-charlotte feud WOMENS REVOLUTION THANK YOU STEPHANIE.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Alexa needs to stay away from the title for a while but WWE seems incapable of booking her outside of the title picture. That goes for most of the women though, there are hardly any storylines that don't involve the belt.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was cool when they marked for the Becky-Charlotte face off.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
All I could keep thinking about during Jinder/Roman was "Jinder would be an impressive wrestler if this were the 80s"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Carmella is really bad and bringing that chinless freak its proof that they dont have faith in her? Why the gently caress they put the belt on her in the first place ? i dont know

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Alexa Bliss is the best talker on the roster and is completely average in the ring.

Carmella is a good talker and is one of the worst wrestlers on the roster.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

The fans mark for Alexa for her booking? for her character work? It was a smark town? I remember they cheered when she won elimination chamber, they actually bought her faux face promo and cheered when she told them to gently caress themselves.

In sintesis: Alexa Bliss is good

I still have no idea how people fell for that. It was so telegraphed and she'd already done that exact promo like twice already.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VJeff posted:

I still have no idea how people fell for that. It was so telegraphed and she'd already done that exact promo like twice already.

good mic work can make you believe everything, thats why HHH sucks. He is such a try hard.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Charlotte should lose to a haunted Ric Flair robe.

Charlotte can't fight Bobby Roode, WWE doesn't allow intergender matches.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Never seen an Alexa match and I never will, but why does she have such weird fans

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Baron Corbin posted:

Carmella is a good talker
:raise:

Roman is better than Carmella, and Roman is bad.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

fatherofmustard posted:

The Becky/Alexa feud was pretty bad IMO. Alexa stood tall in almost all of their segments and made Becky look like a chump.

Yes. Alexa was not established, did really good mic work and got herself over and was rewarded by going over strong in the feud.

It's textbook good booking.

Alexa and Becky's treatment subsequent to that feud is different and you're right to be critical. Becky in particular deserves so much more than she gets that it's screamingly frustrating to watch (like most WWE).

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Faustian Bargain posted:

:raise:

Roman is better than Carmella, and Roman is bad.

wrong

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

carmello could contribute off the bench but should not be champion

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

It was cool when they marked for the Becky-Charlotte face off.

It was even cooler when they didn't give a poo poo for Sasha-Charlotte.

Ad by Khad posted:

Never seen an Alexa match and I never will, but why does she have such weird fans

Gonzo was weird first, then became a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Carmella would be a good manager but Vince hates managers.

• Locked thread