Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Hopefully they get beat up by the Mariners while tiring them out before we face them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Andujar has been an elite offensive player at every single level he's ever played at. This isn't surprising at all.

:confused:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=anduja000mig

He indeed has adjusted and gotten better. But more than anything, I think his success is a function of the Yankees suddenly being the best franchise in MLB for player development. It's like playing The Show on Rookie mode. I sure hope this doesn't stop with Denbo in Miami. It's comical how every one of our prospects as of late hits at least his 80th percentile projection, and the ones who don't, we trade to the White Sox.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DaStampede posted:

Hopefully they get beat up by the Mariners while tiring them out before we face them.

The Yankees never should've cut Wade Leblanc...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees never should've cut Wade Leblanc...

He's doing a great job as an Undercover Yankee.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

He's doing a great job as an Undercover Yankee.

https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1008184000995708929

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Brandon Drury deserves Greg Bird's AB's. He's been pathetic.

What is Stanton doing in some of these AB's? Horrible pitchers make him look bad soooooooo much.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 17, 2018

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I'm glad they put Didi back in the 3rd spot and pulled Bird back to 5th.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Another reprehensible AB for Stanton...

Edit. And Bird... And Sanchez.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 17, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

during my weekend reading I found this passage from Eno Sarris's article about Loaisiga really interesting

quote:

Uh, I think we found his elite pitch. This is a mid-80s “slider’ with curveball like drop. This is the second slider in a row he threw to a lefty batter who’s best tool is his hit tool, and this is the best Joey Wendle could do with the ball. Loaisiga threw four sliders in five pitches to Wendle, and got three whiffs and a foul ball for his efforts, meaning this is a pitch that can get whiffs even when the hitter knows it’s coming.
Easy 70 pitch, and with the combination of 85 mph gas and that much drop (-3 inches), it’s actually comparable to Jacob deGrom’s curve (83 mph, -3 inches) and Lance McCullers’ curve (87 mph, -3 inches) … which, yeah.

I think it's crazy how the Yankees became the best player development org in the business after sparse pickings in the late 2000s. Judge, Severino, Sanchez, and all the power pitching talents probably don't reach their ceilings in other organizations

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Loaisiga can also throw that slider with horizontal and vertical movement simultaneously. It's ridiculous.

His fastball is no slouch either.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Drury deserves a call up. Might be time to cut bait on Walker.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol remember when Neil Walker was the steal of the offseason.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think Walker could be decent if he was playing everyday, but there's no place for him to do that on this team.

But yes please bring me Drury.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Clint up, Toe optioned back to AAA. This is unrelated to the 26th man since they don't need to option anybody for that.

Looks like Loaisiga impressed enough to get a second start.

EDIT: Gallegos is the 26th man, Green will "start" the makeup game.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 18, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Enough of this loving guy.

Stanton needs a week off. Let Fraizer play.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 18, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Or maybe Frazier will start for the injured Gardner :thunk:

And a guy isn’t going to fix his issues sitting on the bench either

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Or maybe Frazier will start for the injured Gardner :thunk:

And a guy isn’t going to fix his issues sitting on the bench either

His AB's are non competitive. They are tied for the division.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

mcmagic posted:

His AB's are non competitive. They are tied for the division.

Lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He just has unlimited leash to play horribly every day?

Also this game is loving trainwreck.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
You need to take it down a bunch of notches dude. You're operating at about an 11 when the team performance warrants about a 2-3.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

You need to take it down a bunch of notches dude. You're operating at about an 11 when the team performance warrants about a 2-3.

They are not playing particularly well and they are in a pennant race. They can't have Stanton embarrassing himself every AB.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lol they’re 37-12 since the 9-9 start with two of the best three hitters not hitting well, u need to chill

This team can be better which is scary given how well they’ve performed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Lol they’re 37-12 since the 9-9 start with two of the best three hitters not hitting well, u need to chill

This team can be better which is scary given how well they’ve performed

Forget about the record. The only thing that means anything is that they are down .5 games in the division. Also they could play better and still win less games.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s been made clear that mcmagic will go loving ballistic for any reason other than a perfect game and everyone on the team hitting .500 or better.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
mcmagic is the guy in yankeefans.gif. Doesn't matter which guy.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
mcmagic is a grounded realist. he worries when the team isnt performing up to their potential that is fair...but yo mcmagic. beleive in your username. believe in the magic.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Stanton's ABs have been incredibly cringeworthy tbh. Dude is swinging at breaking balls are are starting at his ankles.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This Hicks guy, he's okay!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

"Get this 114 wRC+ good defense playing centerfielder OUT OF MY LINEUP NOW" - mcmagic

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Stanton's ABs have been incredibly cringeworthy tbh. Dude is swinging at breaking balls are are starting at his ankles.

He needs to sit for a week.

Edit: Against righties at least. He's fine against lefties.

Holy christ... Lucky to escape that one.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 19, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
We gotta talk about this new Holder.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I saw in the RAB recap that he had retired 63 of the last 75 batters he had faced prior to tonight. Shout out to Aaron Boone for sticking with him after that rough start

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

His stuff is not exceptional so I don't think he's going to be as good long term as someone like Green has been but he has definitely been valuable so far with Khanle falling off the face of the earth and Warren being hurt a lot...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If the yankees have no chance to get Bumgarner or Corbin, I'm not sure that German/Loasiga aren't better than what is out there...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Man, Domingo's stuff is so good it will be really interesting to see if he can turn that into results. He misses so many bats.

Edit: Also, get this garbage centerfielder "Hicks" off my team. His at bats should be going to someone else.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 20, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Boy the Yankees seem to have won the Eovaldi trade.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Inspector_666 posted:

Boy the Yankees seem to have won the Eovaldi trade.

The Yankees win every trade.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Monday_ posted:

The Yankees win every trade.

its the law now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm glad Hicks is having a little hot streak!

Also Andujar is a loving beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh actually the Yankees non-tendered German and then re-signed him after his TJS which is even crazier. Anybody could have signed him!

• Locked thread