Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The most underrated part of Nia/Ronda was that someone in the marketing department saw this and said "Yeah, that's good, let's make it the main promotional picture for our entire PPV event."

Nia looks like Dracula and Ronda's neck is a 45 degree angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE had a good little act with Carmella, Enzo and Cass. They broke them up and one became the worst wrestler in the world, another became the worst wrestler in the world and the third was the worst wrestler in the world, got fired due to hiding possible sex crimes and is now the worst rapper in the world.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

MassRafTer posted:

WWE had a good little act with Carmella, Enzo and Cass. They broke them up and one became the worst wrestler in the world, another became the worst wrestler in the world and the third was the worst wrestler in the world, got fired due to hiding possible sex crimes and is now the worst rapper in the world.

just like what happened to The Shield

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I still think Cass has potential to improve. He reminds me of early Edge before he got better in the ring - tall lanky dude who's awkward in the ring because he has long limbs but doesn't move like a hoss. People thought Edge sucked before he figured out how to play to his strengths and developed a fun persona. But I guess the difference is that Edge was young enough that he had the years to improve and Cass is already a fair bit older.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dean ambrose is returning with a meth head ed sheeran gimmick

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

I still think Cass has potential to improve. He reminds me of early Edge before he got better in the ring - tall lanky dude who's awkward in the ring because he has long limbs but doesn't move like a hoss. People thought Edge sucked before he figured out how to play to his strengths and developed a fun persona. But I guess the difference is that Edge was young enough that he had the years to improve and Cass is already a fair bit older.

Edge was worlds better than Cass. He was an OK single in 99 and a great tag wrestler by the end of that year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Cass is a shittier Kevin Nash

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

dean ambrose is returning with a meth head ed sheeran gimmick

This is perfect

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I still think Cass has potential to improve.

He's been in WWE since 2011

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

Edge was worlds better than Cass. He was an OK single in 99 and a great tag wrestler by the end of that year.

He also had charisma out the rear end and the freedom to show it in promos. Cass is just bland in every way.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/people/status/1008716325953441798

Never Give Up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

adopt 3 children you evil fucks

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Cass has the physical grace of a wounded gazelle. Edge was super green and had a lot of work to do when he started, but he could pull off his moves and look okay doing it. Cass often looks profoundly uncomfortable doing the signature moves he's had for like four years.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, when you look back on it, its amazing that all three members of the "Staten Island Trio" (Enzo, Cass, Carmella) are complete garbage in the ring. I wonder if Triple H regrets signing them? Well I mean Enzo is gone, but Big rear end and Carmella are still around. I do think in the case of Carmella, she has some job security by being blonde, but I do think that once someone like Lacey Evans comes up, Carmella is likely going to be pushed down the card back into jobber purgatory.

Either way, I don't think Carmella is getting another title reign after she drops the SD Women's title. I can't imagine WWE was too pleased with having to bring back Ellsworth in an attempt to salvage her reign.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 18, 2018

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

piss tape israel posted:

He's Test without the awesome theme, leather pants or big boot.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Big Cass is a WWE Matt Morgan, eternal Blue chipper.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, when you look back on it, its amazing that all three members of the "Staten Island Trio" (Enzo, Cass, Carmella) are complete garbage in the ring. I wonder if Triple H regrets signing them? Well I mean Enzo is gone, but Big rear end and Carmella are still around. I do think in the case of Carmella, she has some job security by being blonde, but I do think that once someone like Lacey Evans comes up, Carmella is likely going to be pushed down the card back into jobber purgatory.

Either way, I don't think Carmella is getting another title reign after she drops the SD Women's title. I can't imagine WWE was too pleased with having to bring back Ellsworth in an attempt to salvage her reign.
Yeah the only reason Enzo and Carmella got gigs was they worked out with HHH gym trainer

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

piss tape israel posted:

So he's not the best wrestler ever? That leaves a lot of room.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah the only reason Enzo and Carmella got gigs was they worked out with HHH gym trainer

It really is proof that anyone can get over with the right booking though.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Didn't Edge and Christian also spend a little bit of time on the indies before being scooped up by the WWE? It's pretty unfair to compare him with Cass.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TV Zombie posted:

Didn't Edge and Christian also spend a little bit of time on the indies before being scooped up by the WWE? It's pretty unfair to compare him with Cass.

The comparison was more about his body type and how everyone is like "RARRGH CASS IS IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGE" when people were saying the same poo poo 20 years ago. Wrestling internet exaggerates so much and so consistently it's tiring.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

More belts. How long until the page 1 Champions.jpg looks like a marvel vs capcom 2 character select screen?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 19, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, if WWE is really gearing up to get into a bidding war for Omega and the Young Bucks, they uh.

They sure aren't making a great case to those guys with their treatment of Nakamura.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

btw, if WWE is really gearing up to get into a bidding war for Omega and the Young Bucks, they uh.

They sure aren't making a great case to those guys with their treatment of Nakamura.

Or their friends of the original bullet club. Except AJ I suppose.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The_Rob posted:

Or their friends of the original bullet club. Except AJ I suppose.

I mean the bludgeon brothers didn't put them in the hospital, thats a better result than I expected.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

LOL, Big Cass also spent a little bit of time on the indies before being scooped up by the WWE...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

It's basically the cynical case of "yeah you won't get good booking but you can retire well"

The assumption's always been when the Bucks really want to stop doing this they'll go over for a retirement tour to collect some last checks and say they went there.

Kenny's always been the big question mark because frankly he doesn't care as much about that, he just loves what he does and wants to be happy doing it. Throughout the last two years whenever this subject's come up he's always shot it down, and yeah a lot of people haven't believed him, and even New Japan was hesitant on believing him for quite some time, but surely the last month has done a great job of showing that if he wasn't ecstatic there and getting everything he wanted out of his time there, he would have left long ago. The only time he was even ever reportedly mad at management was when he became so sick of how sure they were that he'd leave.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The indies taught him to be 7 feet tall

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blaise330 posted:

More belts. How long until the page 1 Champions.jpg looks like a marvel vs capcom 2 character select screen?

I support this endeavor.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

What would the dream matches be if Omega joined WWE? I'd definitely want to see him vs Joe and AJ. Cena and Brock would have potential to be good but it might be too late for both of them. Is there anyone in WWE that could keep pace with him for one of his hour long sprints?

Now if the YBs came with him to I'd kill to see a proper program with New Day. Or add in Ibushi and give me a war games match vs UE.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Stale Saltines posted:

What would the dream matches be if Omega joined WWE? I'd definitely want to see him vs Joe and AJ. Cena and Brock would have potential to be good but it might be too late for both of them. Is there anyone in WWE that could keep pace with him for one of his hour long sprints?

Now if the YBs came with him to I'd kill to see a proper program with New Day. Or add in Ibushi and give me a war games match vs UE.

Him vs Rollins could be great.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Stale Saltines posted:

I agree, an 8 month program of Kenny Omega vs Jinder Mahal

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I know the revival's been killed dead but I still desperately want to see them wrestle the young bucks

At this point though my only hope for that match is that the revival quits and it happens in roh, so fingers crossed that the burial gets even worse

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Blaise330 posted:

The indies taught him to be 7 feet tall

whyd theyd teach everyone else how to be 5'6" then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1008858714185588736

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For your reference, PWInsider Elite Audio apparently reported that James Ellsworth has signed a short term deal with the company. They aren't ruling out a long term deal either, but with all of his indy dates still up in late July through October, I don't see it being a long term deal (WWE would want him to cancel those dates before signing, since they are so far out). Odds are Asuka is going to kill both Carmella and James at Extreme Rules, and that'll be his write off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Sounds like they're showing that you need to put in the effort to win and that should be something the Bucks and Kenny take as a challenge.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sticklefifer posted:

The comparison was more about his body type and how everyone is like "RARRGH CASS IS IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGE" when people were saying the same poo poo 20 years ago. Wrestling internet exaggerates so much and so consistently it's tiring.
I didn't have a forums account at the time and maybe I was just reading the wrong sites back then, but I don't really remember Edge ever being shat on.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

The mountain goats are a fun follow if only for seeing what other person I follow that they interact with that I would never have expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

sticklefifer posted:

The most underrated part of Nia/Ronda was that someone in the marketing department saw this and said "Yeah, that's good, let's make it the main promotional picture for our entire PPV event."

Nia looks like Dracula and Ronda's neck is a 45 degree angle.

I’d pay to watch someone armbar Dracula so works for me. Although what if Dracula did the armbarring

• Locked thread