Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Y'all mustn't've ever had a really good bagel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Favorite bagel I had was an everything bagel in a Jewish deli in Manhattan. Lots of cream cheese. Plain is the only way to go.

Best bagel in my entire life.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Those Bantam bagel bites look loving disgusting.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i mean, frozen will always be inferior in important ways

i've been to.... 25 states, considerably more countries than that. can't get a good bagel where less than 5% of the pop is american jews. surprisingly, israelis can't bake bagel worth poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol at the idea of too much cheese of any type.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
cream cheese is pretty commoditizable

bagel itself, not so much

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Lol if you don't buy your cheese in Costco business center quantities.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

Those Bantam bagel bites look loving disgusting.

Get some. Follow the instructions (microwave then bake). Don't overbake! If you don't like them I will paypal you whatever they cost.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just looking at the pictures of those, it seems like there might be too much cream cheese in them? Assuming that they are the Bantam Bagels ones.

They're delicious. Maybe 20% more cream cheese than you need, but not that much. They're pretty much the only thing my toddler will consistently eat for breakfast.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I would take you up on that just for the :smuggo: but I'm lactose intolerant.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Don't put that poo poo on Costco. They closest thing they come to this is selling gun safes to keep such things secure, so like the opposite of what this suggests.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What are people's thoughts on the Kirkland popcorn? My spouse is p picky about microwave popcorn, so buying a huge box of a new brand is a risky move

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Symetrique posted:

The one with the tequila mixed in already? It's not bad. I'm not a huge fan of margaritas in general, but it's a pretty popular drink to bring to parties, especially if you blend it with ice.

At that price you can't go wrong though.

I would like to chime in. At my local Costco there are two, one inside the warehouse which is made with malt alcohol and one in the outside-but-connected liquor store made with agave. The agave is far superior and cheap. When we get a bottle, step one is to remove the clear plastic pouring lid so it'll pour quick. Step two is to bring it out when the shaved ice truck makes a visit and pour it on an unflavored one. Very refreshing on a hot summer day.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Is there such a thing as 'special orders' for Costco? Like I would love to buy more variety of Coke products than they carry.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 19, 2018

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Pershing posted:

Is there such a thing as 'special orders' for Costco? Like I would love to buy variety of Coke products than they carry.

If by that you mean you'd like to get a case of each of them, sure!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If by that you mean you'd like to get a case of each of them, sure!

See my edit above...the only sugar free options they have are Diet Coke and (sometimes) Diet Dr. Pepper. I wish I could buy more types rom them.

Yes I know Dr. Pepper isn't Coke but it's often distributed by Coke in my area.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AWarmBody posted:

What are people's thoughts on the Kirkland popcorn? My spouse is p picky about microwave popcorn, so buying a huge box of a new brand is a risky move

My wife is crazy for it. I don’t particularly like popcorn, but I’ll eat theirs because it’s actually good. Not too greasy, not too bland. Protip: don’t use the time recommended on the package. We did and it left a ton of unpopped kernels. If your microwave has a popcorn button, use that instead.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

AWarmBody posted:

It's obviously not as good as popcorn that you pop yourself on a stove, but as far as microwave popcorn goes it's really good.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Pop your own popcorn in some Kirkland Signature coconut oil. It's the best.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Pop your own popcorn in some Kirkland Signature coconut oil. It's the best.

The coconut oil in general is awesome. I've forever scarred my Filipino friend by deep frying lumpia in the Costco coconut oil instead of soybean oil, but that hint of coconut added to the lumpia is just perfect. :discourse:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Chinatown posted:

Filled up my tank with high quality Kirkland gasoline and filled up my stomach with a high quality Kirkland brand hot dog.

Nice. I'm gonna do the same latter. PBUC.

PBUC!!!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

pour corn into a trash bag and put it in the dryer

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

FCKGW posted:

pour corn into a trash bag and put it in the dryer

In all seriousness, would this work? I want to recreate the popcorn scene from Troll 2 and I need large quantities of popped corn

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
PBUC

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

AWarmBody posted:

In all seriousness, would this work? I want to recreate the popcorn scene from Troll 2 and I need large quantities of popped corn

probably. it would be like a giant ball of caramel corn held together by melted black plastic

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Pershing posted:

Is there such a thing as 'special orders' for Costco? Like I would love to buy more variety of Coke products than they carry.

Yep. Check and see if there is a Business Delivery warehouse near your location. Many more varieties of soda/snacks/etc.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm in Brazil visiting family so I can't partake on any gas fill-ups or dog sacraments. Why no locations in Sao Paulo?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm in Brazil visiting family so I can't partake on any gas fill-ups or dog sacraments. Why no locations in Sao Paulo?

I wonder the amount of bribes necessary for Costco to enter the Brazilian market. Would it be more or less than Walmart paid to get Sam's Club in there?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Brazil has a crazy amount of protective tariffs on finished good imports.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Really excited to try out the Kirkland shampoo and condish tonight. I heard they're really great for fine, textured hair, and since I've got a lot of that kind of hair, those pump bottles are gonna see a lot of action.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Fullquoting

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

AWarmBody posted:

Here's a thought: buy it, and if your spouse doesn't like it, return that poo poo for a full refund. No risk! PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

AWarmBody posted:

Really excited to try out the Kirkland shampoo and condish tonight. I heard they're really great for fine, textured hair, and since I've got a lot of that kind of hair, those pump bottles are gonna see a lot of action.

I love them, as with all things Kirkland... they are just right.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The Kirkland salon shampoo in the purple pump bottle is great. EASILY 6 months worth of shampoo. I have short hair so I can't speak for long haired peoples but it works good for me.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Been rockin that citrus oil but glad I got some tea tree this time around. :hai:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Chinatown posted:

The Kirkland salon shampoo in the purple pump bottle is great. EASILY 6 months worth of shampoo. I have short hair so I can't speak for long haired peoples but it works good for me.

sometimes the pantene is cheaper. I follow the price per oz/qt etc.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Been rockin that citrus oil but glad I got some tea tree this time around. :hai:

Isn't there something where you shouldn't have tea tree oil on your skin when you're out in daylight?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

sometimes the pantene is cheaper. I follow the price per oz/qt etc.

Pantene is loving awful. It completely strips all of the oil out of your hair and scalp and replaces it with silicone. That's not healthy. Don't do that to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

MisterOblivious posted:

Pantene is loving awful. It completely strips all of the oil out of your hair and scalp and replaces it with silicone. That's not healthy. Don't do that to yourself.

Yeah, Pantene makes my scalp itch and burn and, on occasion, detach a disgusting amount of hair in the shower. I have high hopes in Kirkland, though.

Can someone describe check out etiquette? Does it vary by region? I've only been to one location and these are details I've observed:

- put conveyor belt divider upside down, Costco membership card in the divider to lead the way for your groceries in line
- there is a human being, employed by Costco, that unloads the shopper's cart onto the conveyor belt and then loads the cart again after the purchase is complete
- that 1.50 dog and soda with free refill to your right, demanding praise