Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

during the e3 where they revealed the wiiu they didn't say the word 'console' once and everyone was completely confused by what exactly they just revealed, and nintendo had to come out and make a statement that, yes, there was a new console and they were sorry that wasnt clear lol

i understood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

best levels are without flud.

there are a ton of those though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

there are a ton of those though

there are also a ton of those in mario 64, galaxy 1 and 2, and mario 3d world :twisted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there are also a ton of those in mario 64, galaxy 1 and 2, and mario 3d world :twisted:

i play those too, i like to cycle through them all. sunshine is definitely the worst 3D mario but it's still good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i like sunshine except for the blue coins. but ive only played it once through on release 20 ears ago or whatever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The hotel and village levels of Sunshine were really cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

i understood

As did I.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the super fast movement you could do with fludd was cool but every level having the same setting got pretty stale lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
sunshine is better than 64

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the blue coins are definitely annoying in a way that the purple coins in Odyssey aren't

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

when is Nintendo finally going to re-release Mario Sunshine so that I don't have to take my Wii out of a drawer when I want to play it?

same but Paper mario: ttyd

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Mario sunshine gives powerful summer feels and I would love to play it rn.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

Mario sunshine gives powerful summer feels and I would love to play it rn.

I usually wait until the winter when i start missing the summer weather.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Sunshine is begging for a HD/DX port with QOL upgrades on the blue coins, and yes, digital triggers for FLUDD, but gyro aiming or something could mitigate that. I mean how often did you ever truly need the analog on it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's weird that Sunshine and TTYD have never been released in any other form

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fluud sucks. the delfinos suck. best levels are without flud. gently caress you mario sunshine

delfino plaza is an all time great hub world

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the camera in sunshine is no good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's weird that Sunshine and TTYD have never been released in any other form

ninty refuses to make a real sequel to ttyd or ever acknowledge it for some reason?? everyone hated sticker star and when the time came for int systems to make a paper mario game for wiiu they made sticker star 2, i just dont get it lol

and when they made mario galaxy they called it a true successor to mario 64, which kinda threw shade on sunshine lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

playing sunshine again made me realize the camera in odyssey is a drat miracle

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
perpetually wondering how nintendo is going to gently caress up this time. the switch online service launch is only 3 months away

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

perpetually wondering how nintendo is going to gently caress up this time. the switch online service launch is only 3 months away

its crazy theyve been saying "it's around the corner!" since spla2oon and now were finally here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need a drat Switch

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zas posted:

playing sunshine again made me realize the camera in odyssey is a drat miracle

this is true for 64 as well tbf. it's really good for its time, but it's hard to go back to. it's maybe more noticeable in sunshine because you're often trying to see a wider area. odyssey is the best Mario game and I really just want more of it, just no jump rope or volleyball type stuff.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

Launching online with the only thing to support it being an old shooter people are losing interest in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2's playerbase has only gone up since release and it's crazy popular in Japan. It still outsells new releases on some weeks over there, and the recent dlc+sale added even more new players

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Did it really? I feel like matches are harder to find than they used to be

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2's playerbase has only gone up since release and it's crazy popular in Japan. It still outsells new releases on some weeks over there, and the recent dlc+sale added even more new players

gran blue fantasy and monster strike are also inssanely popular in japan proving that the japanese are mouthbreathing idiots with worse taste than western gamers clamoring for more sad dad ps4 exclusives

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

still its the only game with online multiplayer besides mario tennis now and maybe some classic fgs on the eshop. also splatoon doesnt even let you play with friends except under very specific conditions which is loving stupid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

here is the only multiplayer shooter on the switch worth a drat, it is insanely simple and made for children. lets make it a huge pain in the rear end to play together with friends lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can play league mode and salmon run together.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
splatoon’s plague of disconnects combined with no mid-match joining and tons of downtime between rounds sucks huge rear end, but im glad to hear the japanese are enjoying it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

You can play league mode and salmon run together.

it should be every mode not just a horde mode thats disabled half the time and a comp mode that you need to get lucky a dozen times in a row for, and then you can also get kicked out of it if you rank down lol. its insanely stupid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can't get kicked out of league mode

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

That's good. I unlocked league by getting bare minimum rank requirement six months ago and I doubt I'd make the cut if I tried now.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

you will regret this!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

thats besides the point!! let me play the casual blowoff mode with people and maybe i'd actually play this game online lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you can play turf war with friends.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Splitscreen would be nice too, even if it’s just offline. I don’t really play it at all, but my SO likes playing Grizzco when it’s available.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Sunshine is begging for a HD/DX port with QOL upgrades on the blue coins, and yes, digital triggers for FLUDD, but gyro aiming or something could mitigate that. I mean how often did you ever truly need the analog on it?

Sunshine does have far and away have the most room for improvement in a remaster if you wanna look at it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

you can play turf war with friends.

yeah by praying theres an open slot on the match they join and mashing the join button, and then once youre all finally in a game together the game disconnects people randomly advanced warfare style and you need to do it all over again. its dogshit