Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That's like hitting it off the crossbar levels of nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

real impressed by that soccer kick right there, that was professional

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

That was a really pretty one.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Clutch sliding tackle there

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
lol how was that guy completely unmarked a foot from goal

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

this needs a tracker to show how many dudes each team has on the field

basically we need casualty stats here

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

That was just sad.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Crazy scoring game too

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

We did it. We're gonna crush rossi

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Just a reminder, this year the 24th is on a sunday so the final should be watchable for most people.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

My friends have been travelling Europe the past few months and their last stop is Italy. They went to this match and took a bunch of photos. I'll be joining them for the finals and I'm hype as gently caress.

These pictures are awesome and I'm incredibly jealous you're going to the final. If it is at all possible that you can grab some verdi merch (one of the shirts) and bring it back to the states I would be incredibly grateful. I would pay you for shipping and whatever it cost. Obviously if you can't do that or think it's weird, no sweat.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

does the winner still get the cow? i definitely saw a shot of the cow today, but i remember reading somewhere last year that they just get a free dinner or something (one that is not the cow, i mean).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

does the winner still get the cow? i definitely saw a shot of the cow today, but i remember reading somewhere last year that they just get a free dinner or something (one that is not the cow, i mean).

Yea from what I understand they used to slaughter the cow and the whole neighborhood would have a feast but I guess was deemed a little too barbaric or something. I think now they just have a big meal. The cow is just part of the procession it seems. The book from '72 still referenced the cow as a prize so I think that was still happening up until that point though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they should eat the cow for the purity of the noble sport instead of getting an applebees giftcard imo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Seltzer posted:

These pictures are awesome and I'm incredibly jealous you're going to the final. If it is at all possible that you can grab some verdi merch (one of the shirts) and bring it back to the states I would be incredibly grateful. I would pay you for shipping and whatever it cost. Obviously if you can't do that or think it's weird, no sweat.

Buddy if it wasn't for you, I'd never even know this beautiful stupid sport exists. What size would you like? I'll see what I can do.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Buddy if it wasn't for you, I'd never even know this beautiful stupid sport exists. What size would you like? I'll see what I can do.

Cool! A large if possible, I don't know what that is in European sizes but I'm ~ 6'1 175 lbs

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Seltzer posted:

Yea from what I understand they used to slaughter the cow and the whole neighborhood would have a feast but I guess was deemed a little too barbaric or something.

I love that butchering a cow was considered too barbaric for Calcio Storico

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh poo poo. Didn't even.notice the pictures.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Are there replays anywhere? I missed white vs green and want to catch it

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I think you can still check out those Facebook links to see the games?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

My friends are currently in this line to get tickets for the finals, I got my fingers crissed.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

My friends are currently in this line to get tickets for the finals, I got my fingers crissed.

Nice! Jealous as hell, but I'll be there within the next few years. Family are planning to move to Italy after I graduate college.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

we got em! they managed to get tickets on the Rossi bleachers. looking forward to a big heist to grab a Verdi shirt for Seltzer and smuggle it out of there without the Rossi contingent kicking the poo poo out of us.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

we got em! they managed to get tickets on the Rossi bleachers. looking forward to a big heist to grab a Verdi shirt for Seltzer and smuggle it out of there without the Rossi contingent kicking the poo poo out of us.

Nice! Also I'm pretty sure you can buy them online in advance but that doesn't matter now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Nice! Also I'm pretty sure you can buy them online in advance but that doesn't matter now.

The tickets? Nah we looked it up up they were only being sold at the box office.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina and Le Coq Sportif will continue the Calcio Storico theme this year, with the away kits being in the four colours again.

This is the special jersey for the new collection, unveiled today, to celebrate 1 year of the cooperation:

The four new away kits (the shorts are the traditional from Calcio Storico, they use "normal" ones for the match :haw: ):

https://twitter.com/acffiorentina/status/1009485999590793217
https://twitter.com/acffiorentina/status/1009485850755944449
https://twitter.com/acffiorentina/status/1009485733072162817
https://twitter.com/acffiorentina/status/1009486102909112324

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 20, 2018

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I was planning on buying the Verdi kit all year but was waiting for the season end sale, I checked about a month ago and they were all sold out. I think maybe the sell out had to do with Astori passing because they were there all year. I emailed the shop and they said they won't be getting more. I'm super bummed out.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I wish Fiorentina would play wearing the clown pants too, at least the goalkeeper should do it imho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

One of my co-workers is a big super hippy organic food pacifist type and yesterday she was going off on how soccer is the best sport because American sports are just violence.

I told her she might enjoy watching "Florentine Historic Soccer"

She back in today super pissed off at me like "Well, I watched your 'sport' last night"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

One of my co-workers is a big super hippy organic food pacifist type and yesterday she was going off on how soccer is the best sport because American sports are just violence.

I told her she might enjoy watching "Florentine Historic Soccer"

She back in today super pissed off at me like "Well, I watched your 'sport' last night"

Noted violent sports: Baseball and basketball.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Basketball is extremely physical.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Late 80s Knicks were the calcio of the nba

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Late 80s Knicks were the calcio of the nba

You mean the 90s Pat Riley Knicks?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I thought they were elbowing dudes before that but just mastered it in the 90s, might be wrong

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I thought they were elbowing dudes before that but just mastered it in the 90s, might be wrong

They started using body slams in the 90s I think. BTW does anyone have the gif of the Rossi guy spiking a Verdi/Bianchi player on his head during the friendly

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The final is tommorow everyone. I'm gonna go ape for the Verdi victory

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

same

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I have Peroni on deck

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am going to hype myself up by cold cocking anyone on the street I see wearing red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am going to hype myself up by cold cocking anyone on the street I see wearing red
Argentina fan?

• Locked thread