Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Woah! Hey! Welcome to our let's play of A Way Out!

This let's play is starring me and my good buddy Kaubocks! We'd been wanting to do an lp of this basically from the instant it was first revealed, so we finally sat down and blasted through it in one sitting. We also ordered a lot of pizza and then we ate a lot of pizza.

--

Is this LP informative or completionist? 100% LP?

Hellllllllllll no. We are dumb idiots who fuckin punched our way through this game. We missed a bunch of stuff. But don't worry!! We know we missed it. There's going to be bonus content at the end featuring all the things we waddled right past.

Spoilers???

:siren: HELL NO DON'T POST SPOILERS! I'll call the fuckin LP cops on you!! :siren:

Okay so what is this game about then?

A Way Out is a really fun co-op buddy adventure about two regular old criminals breaking out of prison! Here we see our criminals:

I will be playing the role of Leo, a tough man crimes guy with a lot of hair gel and not a lot of brains. Kaubocks will play as Vinny, big beefy dad bod who speaks softly and also acts softly, honestly.

--

--

I just saw this tweet from the director on A Way Out and I need to put it here Now.

https://twitter.com/josef_fares/status/999311007251156993

--

Fanart!!

Panzer Skank posted:

Yall we got some real good rear end fanart hot from the tweeter, god bless this good artist

https://twitter.com/AlenBlaekovi/status/1010671573861392384

Camel Pimp posted:

The whole escape in a nutshell, I guess.

Camel Pimp posted:

So the only thing I was spoiled about for this game was that there were two different endings, and that Leo grew a lovely beard in one of them.

Speaking of which

I felt compelled

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
So what kind of pizza did you eat during play? Which toppings are most conducive to your fun and play style? Inquiring minds want to know and will be enjoying your work once again. :D

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh boy

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Vinny looks like he should be named Leo and Leo looks like he should be named Vinny.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for a new Let's Play by the dream team KauBlox and PanzerSnack

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Panzer Skank posted:

:siren: HELL NO DON'T POST SPOILERS! I'll call the fuckin LP cops on you!! :siren:

How did you clear things up with them after Sven?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hey, if there's a ding-dong in the very first video, this has got to be good! :allears:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
No dongs. Unsubscribed.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
this game is like a david cage game if it was much less offensive to all the senses

enjoy

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

No dongs. Unsubscribed.
I beg to differ! Start watching at 8:47.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hirayuki posted:

I stand corrected.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

achtungnight posted:

So what kind of pizza did you eat during play? Which toppings are most conducive to your fun and play style? Inquiring minds want to know and will be enjoying your work once again. :D

Extra large, EXTRA pepperonis

Hirayuki posted:

Legitimately cannot believe I posted a video with a fuckin horribly rendered dingdong in it and I didn't even know

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I was sold with the slapping. Also the pan throwing. Game's got my interest.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

i don't know how i missed the dong when it was all i was looking for but here we are

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

I stand corrected.

I'm trying to wrangle a proper joke out of this reply and the subject matter, but it turns out to be quite hard.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Are you thinking of making a tradition out of sitting on the opposite sides of the couch from your characters? Will this be the recurring theme of the LP?

I don't know how, but I felt confused about which of you was which because I somehow had internalized which one of you was on which side. It felt like I was watching the LP cross-eyed.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh poo poo a Panzer LP of the most Bro of all games? gently caress yesssssssssss!

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello good morning! Time to learn about how prison septic systems work!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm a little surprised you didn't pick "Where does the poop go?" as the title of this episode. It does seem like it's meant to be a chamber pot that the prisoner probably has to empty everyday but then why is there a vent behind it? There's like a little medallion thing on the toilet but it doesn't appear to be a lever or handle or anything.

I work in a hardware store and help tons of people with plumbing and toilet problems and I think this is going to bother me more than anything else in this game.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
It already bothers me. I guess this is what they mean when they say prison makes you hard.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Is there a room I can go to watch your ding dong getting washed?"

loving instant classic right here. 5'd so hard i broke my phone.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Has the game established when it takes place? I'm getting a 70s vibe, but if they said what year it is I missed it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Blind Sally posted:

"Is there a room I can go to watch your ding dong getting washed?"

loving instant classic right here. 5'd so hard i broke my phone.

Are you saying that you aren't watching this on a cinema screen?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
I can't decide what requires more suspension of disbelief: that a torrent of water didn't start spewing out of the plumbing after the toilet was removed, or that an American prison has enough room to give inmates private cells.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

New video time! We finally solve the mystery of where all those extra sheets are at! The thrills never stop coming!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The helicopter is on its way back to prison. They have to break back in because they forgot something.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Back to back. Belly to belly. They're going back in already?

They're never going to make it are they? I'm sure they had to return for gas for the helicopter too. And the pilot. And the game ends with them finally done with all preparations ready to leave but they get interrupted because they've served their sentences and get out.

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 19, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

White Coke posted:

Has the game established when it takes place? I'm getting a 70s vibe, but if they said what year it is I missed it.

i don't think they ever mention it in game lol

but that certainly won't stop us from guessing

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The helicopter is on its way back to prison. They have to break back in because they forgot something.

Oh shoot, we've forgot the parachute. I hate crawling through 2 miles of poo poo everytime something like this happens. Twice!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

This game is amazing.

So, uh, what kinds of pizza did you order? Or will that be revealed in-video as the deliveries arrive?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Curious how Leo was planning on doing this all himself. Just imagining him inside the laundry cart moving himself back and forth to wiggle close enough to the guard for him to check it.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

i don't think they ever mention it in game lol

but that certainly won't stop us from guessing

They do totally mention it and we talk about it at length! How did u forget this!!!!!! (It happens way way late in the game, so don't worry ya'll we will get there)

Sir Potato posted:

Curious how Leo was planning on doing this all himself. Just imagining him inside the laundry cart moving himself back and forth to wiggle close enough to the guard for him to check it.

Leo is a chronic dumbass

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This game is so earnest and inoffensive despite being dumb as all hell.

It is kind of winning me over.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

yeah, it's got moxy.

Also clearly nobody cares about the pipe you broke off since, like the toilets, it's not actually hooked up to anything. The prison clearly doesn't actually have running water; the sewage is from other sources and the prison is just getting paid to store it.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I guess that's one way to stretch "a prison escape" to a full game: have your characters consistently keep forgetting to get the tools crucial to their plans.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hey, maybe they're composting toilets and this jail facility is just super green!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

How to gently caress up a Prison Escape in three easy steps - Ask me how!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I will give them credit; while the "oh poo poo, we need another tool so we have to go back to prison" is hilarious and dumb a worse developer would make you actively backtrack through everything you've done already.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Garrand posted:

I will give them credit; while the "oh poo poo, we need another tool so we have to go back to prison" is hilarious and dumb a worse developer would make you actively backtrack through everything you've done already.

It does kind of beg the question of how they just get back out of places where they had to distract multiple guards and make elaborate sheet-based plots to get into.

Also this is now day 3 of them not having working toilets in their cells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

They could just go in the sewer, while the other has to sneak away to fetch toilet paper.

• Locked thread