Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Will we see the Lucha Bros in ROH now that they're working with CMLL? I can't see them continuing to work Impact due to the AAA affiliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

i watched those shows and i saw a bunch of empty seats. I guess if a scalper buys them it still counts a sell out though

The WWE Special.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I think Shelley's hurt? And Sabin's in the BOSJ. But they were in the ROH tag title picture recently.

shelley is doing college

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

shelley is doing college

Nice to see him making a good decision. I always thought Shelley had big time potential, but dude is snakebitten as gently caress

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shelley's in a short list of people that absolutely should be down working for WWEPC in some capacity. He has a good sense of rhythm and space for tandem offense, which is still something that WWE doesn't have in their tag divisions.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

shelley is doing college

Yeah, read his tweets from May 28th onwards. He's in a PTA course and seems committed to lifelong learning. And adopting dogs.

https://twitter.com/fakekinkade/with_replies

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

He can probably afford a lot of land in Detroit to raise the dogs haha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1004041445362360322

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well now, that changes everything.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Looks like they finally got around to editing all their old stuff

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Looks like they finally got around to editing all their old stuff

You mean I can finally listen to Age of the Fall's theme in super high quality for hours at a time?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Writer Cath posted:

You mean I can finally listen to Age of the Fall's theme in super high quality for hours at a time?

God I hope so. It would be perfect timing as I can soon see Jimmy Jacobs at a local indy, I'd love to prepare myself with that first

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
ROH continues to make big moves.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1004056518982070272

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It is possible to undermine your gimmick by leaning on it too hard

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Roman Reigns

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I hope The Hurricane will win the title with a Chokeslam.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Huge get, ROH! Dude was old and busted before 2010 rolled around.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/06/12/sinclairs-ring-of-honor-to-hold-show-at-madison.html

I've been saying it all along. ROH is going big time.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I like how they're trying to claim credit for All In. Also I enjoy how they try to spin WWE getting a ton of money for their TV into that making all wrestling more valuable somehow.

Also I have no idea who those two dudes in the picture are.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Takuan posted:

Also I have no idea who those two dudes in the picture are.

ROH stars Snoop Dogg and Derek Jeter

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByceHPgJ54

Kicked that little boy in the nuts!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Basic Chunnel posted:

CM Punk

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByceHPgJ54

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Takuan posted:

I like how they're trying to claim credit for All In.

They are helping bankroll it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jay Briscoe is slowly morphing into Johnny Blast.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Ring of Honor has lost its debut event at New York City’s Madison Square Garden.

During an interview with ROH Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff this morning to promote the 6/29 Best in the World PPV, I asked Koff about the pending debut for ROH in MSG. Koff responded:

“You know, I’m going to tell you Mike because you are asking. I’m not going to discuss beyond this statement because I am not going to litigate this in the press. We had a deal with [Madison Square] Garden and they then told us they were backing out after communications from the WWE. We are not able to get any other dates in any kind of discussion. I’m expecting that our lawyers will be contacting all the parties involved and the best we can hope is that we can find a resolution, so we can bring the kind of energy and excitement that ROH and our partner New Japan to a bigger audience and to bigger arenas and to the fans of New York City. “

Sinclair CEO Chris Ripley revealed in an interview with The Baltimore Business Journal on 6/12 that ROH had secured a date with Madison Square Garden and will debut in the legendary arena in 2019. Ripley did not reveal the exact date and referred to the move as part of a strategy to move ROH, which Sinclair has owned since May 2011, to bigger venues. The belief among many is that the date would have fallen on Wrestlemania 35 week in April 2019, something ROH never confirmed officially.

Today, when asked if there was even a possibility of a date still on the books with MSG, Koff responded, “There is no date and the discussion is going to end here on that.”

As previously noted on PWInsider.com, the Garden has been reaching out to other wrestling companies as WWE has not been running at the venue consistently, choosing instead to run the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Lucha libre promotion AAA out of Mexico had also secured several dates for The Garden for the fall of 2018. There is no word yet whether AAA's potential dates have been canceled by the Garden as well.

If any promotion does end up running Madison Square Garden, they will become the first pro wrestling company to run the legendary "Mecca of sports-entertainment" outside of the McMahon Family dating back to 1925, when Vince McMahon’s grandfather Roderick “Jess” McMahon became the matchmaker for both professional wrestling and boxing in the venue.

While WCW, AAA and even the original Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling ran the adjacent Theater in the MSG complex, no promotion outside of WWE has been able to book a date in the 20,789-seat Garden.

PWInsider.com has reached out to WWE for comment.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rooting for Sinclair and WWE to bankrupt each other in court

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what did ROH do to piss off WWE so badly? It seems like as soon as ROH started doing 2k+ gates WWE started loving with them. The NXT launch, the talent lockouts and now cockblocking MSG(a building that WWE doesn't even love that much other than the McMahon statue).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

They are helping bankroll it.

Nope.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Vince McMahon loves competition.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

coconono posted:

what did ROH do to piss off WWE so badly? It seems like as soon as ROH started doing 2k+ gates WWE started loving with them. The NXT launch, the talent lockouts and now cockblocking MSG(a building that WWE doesn't even love that much other than the McMahon statue).

Exist as a promotion they did not control.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

MSG Takeover is gonna be lit

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

coconono posted:

On top of that, this

quote:

If any promotion does end up running Madison Square Garden, they will become the first pro wrestling company to run the legendary "Mecca of sports-entertainment" outside of the McMahon Family dating back to 1925, when Vince McMahon’s grandfather Roderick “Jess” McMahon became the matchmaker for both professional wrestling and boxing in the venue.
reads like something Vince would take very personal.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

This all started when they got purchased by a company that has the funds to be a serious competitor if they ever decided to.

They’re not threatened by what ROH is so much as by what it could be if Sinclair was to attempt it.

Their fear is likely that if ROH were to grow significantly as it operates now, Sinclair may find it financially advantageous to invest more money in it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

The Kevin Steen action figure.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vince McMahon vs. Sinclair is the pissing battle we deserve

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1009137636760403968?s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Just for fun I looked at an ROH card I went to in March 2014 in Dayton and the guys on that show who are gone now include:

AJ Styles
Chris Hero
Adam Cole
Mike Bennett
Tommaso Ciampa
Bobby Fish
Kyle O'Reilly
Kevin Steen
Michael Elgin
Cedric Alexander
Roderick Strong
ACH
Moose

Goddamn their roster is bad now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just for fun I looked at an ROH card I went to in March 2014 in Dayton and the guys on that show who are gone now include:

AJ Styles
Chris Hero
Adam Cole
Mike Bennett
Tommaso Ciampa
Bobby Fish
Kyle O'Reilly
Kevin Steen
Michael Elgin
Cedric Alexander
Roderick Strong
ACH
Moose

Goddamn their roster is bad now.

but they have Cody and a dude in a bear suit and Shane Helms

Also they had and lost Keith Lee and completely botched that relationship

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also I rechecked the OP and it's sad to think how more accurate it's become over the past year and a half

• Locked thread