Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
unload your own cart like a normal adult unless you are physically handicapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I unload little things from the cart myself and leave bigger, heavier items in the cart. I don't think I've ever seen an employee unload carts for customers. But they'll usually have someone to load the cart, usually placing items in random stock boxes. I hand my card to the cashier but have seen people put it in the little divider thing.

This has been the case at the several Orange County, CA locations I've been to.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Chinatown posted:

Last time we went and tried to do it ourselves and the employee kind of nudged us out for the way so that he could be the one putting it on the conveyor belt.
This time I was able to unload the small thing to the belt before the employee came over and surveyed my work.
I'm not obese or physically handicapped. Maybe it's a Minnesota thing?

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Do not loving put your membership in your mouth.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sorry this explains alot. Good folks up there, and Costco only takes the best so I'm not surprised! Carry on.

My favorite thing is when its busy and they come around and pre-scan everything with the handheld scanner so you just roll up your cart and pay and boom you're outta there. :discourse:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
It's definitely been a thing more and more in the past couple years. Anything heavier than the milk jugs I usually get told to keep in the cart. Sometimes a checkout attendant(? assistant?) will actually take stuff off the belt and back into my cart.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Jigsaw posted:

Here's a thought: buy it, and if your spouse doesn't like it, return that poo poo for a full refund. No risk! PBUC

Or sever.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
At my Costco they have a person that specifically deals with the cart. It goes on the other side of the conveyor belt and they do everything. I've tried to unload it myself before but they always say "Oh don't worry about it, I got it."

PBUC

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I always line up the barcodes to face out with the big stuff in my cart and the cashier also shoots me an approving nod when I do :3:

Going to Costco tomorrow for tire rotation so I should have about an hour or two to waste in the store, what's good this week?

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Isn't there something where you shouldn't have tea tree oil on your skin when you're out in daylight?

Lavender and Tea Tree Oils May Cause Breast Growth in Boys

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/lavender-tea-tree-oils-may-cause-breast-growth-boys

No idea if this was proven, but gently caress if I care because it's easy enough to avoid.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just from a quick google there's a lot of websites that say tea tree oil makes your skin more sensitive to UV but that may be complete bullshit.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's good etiquette to place a divider after your haul to signal to fellow worshippers to begin unloading.

Sometimes the box loader person helps unload here to move the line faster.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The pro-est move is to let someone with only a handful of items go infront of you in line. I mean if youre loaded up (who can blame?) just let the lean shoppers go ahead. (I'm usually this person). I always let peeps with a few clothing items (or a TV!!!) ahead of me. No worries, Im just hanging at Costco.

Costco Karma, in bulk at low, low prices. :discourse:.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I only have one functioning hand and the Costco check helpers always help me put stuff on the belt if I'm struggling or my wife isn't there. More than once fellow members have asked if they can help unprompted as well (pbuc)

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

FCKGW posted:

I always line up the barcodes to face out with the big stuff in my cart and the cashier also shoots me an approving nod when I do :3:

Going to Costco tomorrow for tire rotation so I should have about an hour or two to waste in the store, what's good this week?

I do this but with big AND small items and only use the belt for stuff that would block other things' bar codes in the cart.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chinatown posted:

The pro-est move is to let someone with only a handful of items go infront of you in line. I mean if youre loaded up (who can blame?) just let the lean shoppers go ahead. (I'm usually this person). I always let peeps with a few clothing items (or a TV!!!) ahead of me. No worries, Im just hanging at Costco.

Costco Karma, in bulk at low, low prices. :discourse:.

I wish more people would do this

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Spoke with the manager of the local Costco. They are getting the burger in 60 days. PBUC

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The burger is big.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

It's been a month since my last communion and oh boy I'm looking forward to seeing if they have the burger yet

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

the mean lunch lady posted:

I wish more people would do this

Lol yeah. On my very first Costco trip, I didn't even have a cart. I just held the honey and sour cream tub in my arms while I waited behind people with substantially filled carts. I know Costco isn't a place where they would ever have an Express lane, but that and self-check outs are what I like most about regular grocery stores.

Costco ain't no regular grocery store, though. It's a grocery paradise.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
By letting those with a lesser load in front of you, you are blessed with getting to spend more time inside of Costco

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Take a load off Costco
Take a load for free

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My Costco’s got self-checkout lines.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My Costco had a woman who worked as a cart unloader or casheirs helper or whatever but she had super bad ADD or something because the cashier she was always working with had to constantly say her name to remind her to actually unload the cart

MADISON! THE CART MADISON!

haven't seen her in 6mo though

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I had the burger today and it wasn't very good. Took a long time to make and the meat was dried out.

I liked the old burger better :/

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

I always try, but 90% of the time they are there doing it for me, usually at the same time I am doing it.

There's something magical when we both reach and the Costco Person's and my fingers meet on the same package of frozen vegetables, just for a moment.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Costco cake we got for a co-worker today. In no way is he Jewish. (and yes it helps to know people in the bakery)

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Meydey posted:

Costco cake we got for a co-worker today. In no way is he Jewish. (and yes it helps to know people in the bakery)

"... nor is his name Scott."

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Today’s Costco run:
- another of those $30 tower fans for the bedroom since the one in the living room is so good
- two (2) Kirkland brand quality dress shirts
- an igloo cooler that is now an uncleanable gluey mess of adhesive after attempting to remove giant labels, will be returning, PBUC

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Meydey posted:

So ahh, we need a unicorn pooping rainbows

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
There's a really good new snack that I just picked up: a big bag of toasted coconut clusters with seeds and honey. I also picked up some Tillamook mint ice cream sandwiches and the new kirkland little round cheeses.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schmeichy posted:

There's a really good new snack that I just picked up: a big bag of toasted coconut clusters with seeds and honey.

i have this as well. its good poo poo. Costco never fails me

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Schmeichy posted:

the new kirkland little round cheeses.

Desire to know more intensifies :stare:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

meet girls at the store posted:

Desire to know more intensifies :stare:
They're like those Blue Bell or whatever cheese wheels you get in the mesh bags. Seem to be a mix of mozarella and parmesian or something. Theu were a little too sharp for my tastes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Wife and I got are getting a costco mortgage.

They neglected to tell us whether we get a soda with FREE refills. Will inquire next time we speak to our agent.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

Wife and I got are getting a costco mortgage.

They neglected to tell us whether we get a soda with FREE refills. Will inquire next time we speak to our agent.

do you get 2% cash back on your mortgage payments?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Today’s Costco run:
- another of those $30 tower fans for the bedroom since the one in the living room is so good
- two (2) Kirkland brand quality dress shirts
- an igloo cooler that is now an uncleanable gluey mess of adhesive after attempting to remove giant labels, will be returning, PBUC

I will scream from the rooftops how good that fan is. Fred Meyer has far shittier ones for nearly twice the price.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Rutibex posted:

do you get 2% cash back on your mortgage payments?

...sadly we are business level scum not truly supreme exec level members.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Tower fans are kind of meh. Are these really that good?

Have you guys seen any wall clocks on sale there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
My mom picked up one of the tower fans for my birthday and it is really great. It moves a lot of air on high, but on low is moving good air and much quieter than the alternative fans.