Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

(jump to vote count)

Heat Mafia: A Game for 14 players!

Standard mafia rules apply: 

Don’t talk out of thread unless specifically permitted, don’t copy/paste PMs from me, don’t edit your posts, no toxx or stuff against the spirit of the game. Also remember this is a game that we’re playing for fun, so don’t go overboard insulting each other or being dicks. If you don’t have PMs, make sure to mention how you’d like to be contacted in your signup.

* Days will be 72 hours
* Nights will be 24 hours (or shorter if all actions are resolved). I like really short nights to keep the game moving, so if you're around at deadline / time period update, please make a decision after the flip and send it in right away. Conditional Submissions submitted ahead of time are OK (if X happens, I want to do Y, otherwise Z).
* Deadlines will usually be at 11PM EST.
* The town wins when all threats have been eliminated. The scum win when they have killed everyone else, or can inevitably do so through control of the vote and night actions. If any third parties exist, their victory conditions will be defined in their role PM. Note that Crime-aligned is the town team.
* Lurkers that make less than 10 posts per game day may be warned, replaced, or modkilled at my discretion.
* Don't post after hammers. Posting after Day Actions is OK unless you've been the target of a vig. No fake day actions are allowed.

Heists!

There are a number of lucrative scores that the Criminals (town) have been planning to carry out!

Heists will be carried out on Night 2, Night 3, and Night 4. They can succeed or fail, and if they succeed, the Criminals get a bonus.

Details:

Each day, one player will be chosen to be the heist leader. This is pure random roll (may be town or scum), but town players have a higher chance to be chosen (in the leader lottery, town players get three lots, other players get two). Each player can only be the heist leader once, but participating in a heist does not affect your leader chance. The leader will be notified via PM but it will not be shared with the thread until the conclusion of the heist. That person must assemble his heist team of exactly three other players, and has the game day to decide. Send me a PM before the hammer on the following day to assemble your team. There is no Heist on Night 1, so the first heist leader will be notified at the start of Day 2.

Heist Success:

Each heist has a base chance to succeed of 75%. If the heist leader dies during the day before or the night of, the heist will fail. If any other member dies, the success rate will decrease by 25%. Each scum member on the heist team will also decrease its success by 25%. If the leader fails to submit a team by the hammer starting the night, the heist will fail. There may be other hidden factors which affect the success rate.

Aftermath:

On the start of the day following a heist, the heist leader and the team he/she chose will be revealed to the thread. It will also be announced whether the heist succeeded or failed. The bonus awarded for a successful heist will not be made public, but will be told privately to those that may be affected. Its not guaranteed that the player(s) receiving the bonus are actually on the heist team.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

1. Anomalous Amalgam
  2. AnonymousNarcotics
  3. Asiina
  4. b-minus1
  5. Captain Foo
  6. CCKeane
  7. Dancer
  8. Dick Bastardly
  9. Hal Incandenza
  10. King Burgundy
  11. merk
  12. Moatillata
  13. Monathin
  14. Retro Futurist

Replacements on deck: Atomic Soda, IlegallySober, Mordiceius

Flips:

Day 1: Anomalous Amalgam, Michael, Criminal Roleblocker has been cast out of the crew!
Night 1: King Burgundy, Charlene, Vanilla Criminal has been incarcerated
Day 2: CCKeane, Hugh, Criminal Tracker has been strangled
Night 2: merk, Donald, Vanilla Criminal has been killed
Day 3: AnonymousNarcotics, Van Zant, Vanilla Criminal was shot
Night 3: Asiina, Neil, Criminal Heist Planner was gunned down while robbing a bank
Night 3: Dancer, Kelso, Vanilla Criminal was stabbed
Day 4: Retro Futurist, Sgt. Bosco, LAPD Heist Saboteur was killed
Night4: Capt Foo, Nate, Vanilla Criminal was arrested
Night4: Hal Incandenza, Sgt Casals, LAPD Jailer was murdered

Heists:
Heist 1: Dick Bastardly chose Monathin, Retro Futurist, and Dancer: Heist succeeded.
Heist 2: Asiina chose Monathin, Retro Futurist, and Hal: Heist failed.
Heist 3: Capt Foo chose Dick B, Moat, and b-minus: Heist failed.

Slamburger fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 2, 2018

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok cool

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am ALWAYS down for heists.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

This seems cool. I'll be following. :)

(Not a signup, but if you want to add me to the sub list, feel free. May be changing jobs so don't want to commit to a game until I know what my availability will be!)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Pick me! Pick me!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here to be cool

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sweet jesus yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
98th

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 21, 2018

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Haven't see this movie but I'm in!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
put me in as a sub, may have time to play but hard to judge at this stage. looks like fun i'll keep up either way!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just watched this movie for the first time so what the hell

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I'm in!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I have time for a game I think.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, I'm in.

New meta continues. Deal with it! :)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
DUBLOOOOOOONS

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, I'm in.

New meta continues. Deal with it! :)

what's this

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

One more spot!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

what's this

I stick to the middle of the pack post wise and don't share my thoughts as much early in the game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

I stick to the middle of the pack post wise and don't share my thoughts as much early in the game.

aka is scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

So your new meta is to be a garbage player until later days when you get to walk on the backs of players who weren’t garbage? Fun! Excited to have you!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You are copying the awful playstyles of mafia “”””greats”””” like Dhaes and Varinn! Keep it up! Everyone loves players like you!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol the game hasn't even begun, yet look at all this salt.

*rolls around gleefully*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This should be a good game

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my meta is to be very bad at mafia

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

A legendary mercenary appears.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:whatup:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

merk posted:

Fun! Excited to have you!

Merk being so positive here and I agree I am happy to play with the good king b

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Game is full! Roles will go out out this evening.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

A legendary mercenary appears.

Slam, I think you've accidentally added me to Votefinder in Keane's spot. I'm still following but not playing for now. I'll be on the sub list, though. :)

This looks like an awesome player list, though. Should be a good game.

P.S. make Moat's role "confirmed racist"

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

Slam, I think you've accidentally added me to Votefinder in Keane's spot. I'm still following but not playing for now. I'll be on the sub list, though. :)

Oops, looks like we still have one spot left! Ask your friends.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

This looks like an awesome player list, though. Should be a good game.

P.S. make Moat's role "confirmed racist"

Flavor arguments based on ethnicity of names

Completely legit play style

Don't be a hater

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A man told me once: you want to make moves? Don't keep anything in your life you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner. So if you're chasing me and you gotta move when I move, how do you expect to keep a family?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

You are copying the awful playstyles of mafia “”””greats”””” like Dhaes and Varinn! Keep it up! Everyone loves players like you!

Actually my goal is to be Gulag, but not as funny.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Taking Mord's post as a signup, we are now full. Roles will go out tonight!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King Burgundy posted:

Actually my goal is to be Gulag, but not as funny.

Excuse me that meta is spoken for

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Slamburger posted:

Taking Mord's post as a signup, we are now full. Roles will go out tonight!

:slick:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
confirming crime-aligned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply