Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

I really like the stevenbombs because sitting down once a week to watch a ten minute show feels ridiculous, I much prefer a big lump of episodes at once.

So is it REALLY coming back on July 2nd? I can't watch the video so I don't know if you're being real.

I like the Steven bombs too... in theory. The problem is in their execution. Whether they're intentionally killing the show :tinfoil: or they're just staffed by fools, by doing Steven bombs instead of just going week to week, it doesn't let tension build. Okay, it builds tension for us grown-up losers watching children's cartoons, but for the actually-important-to-the-network kids' demographic, it gives them time to forget and stop caring.

I think part of the problem is serialization, and that whoever's running the show in Atlanta is stupidly afraid of alienating any viewers with a contextless rerun of a serious episode when they could just show any episode of TTG or one of their other episodic shows and probably keep a few more eyeballs on screen. And granted something like "A Single Pale Rose" out of context would be super weird for the casual viewer, but drat come on guys, take a chance.

tl,dr: Stevenbombs are all well and good, but they need to be done in addition to regular airing if this show's gonna keep going for 6 seasons and a movie.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ideally they would've left a good long time between Lapis on the Moon and Inside Pearl's forehead, and then aired the two episodes that take place literally within 5 minutes of eachother closer together.

I mean seriously, everybody basically forgot about Lapis's song, where she might go next, what they're going to do about that moon Barn, and even Steven's dream in the wake of the big reveal. That dream could've been a month's worth of speculation, and instead it came off as a wet fart.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 20, 2018

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I remember it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Anyone want a really creepy avatar?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It took me several hours after seeing Pale Rose to realise there was also a Lapis episode out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It could be worse; I saw the trailer for the next bomb at the end of the lapis episode. I didn't even have time to realize and pause before the big twist hit.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Senerio posted:

It could be worse; I saw the trailer for the next bomb at the end of the lapis episode. I didn't even have time to realize and pause before the big twist hit.

Yeah whoever edited that Dailymotion upload (I can see their intention was so that the credits would be in the video) really didn't think things through

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Next time on Steven Universe...

Eyeball Ruby poses as Crystal Gem Ruby to fool Sapphire into marrying her and forming Bizzaro Garnet in the attempt to betray and shatter Steven once and for all! Will she succeed? Will Sapphire see any of this coming? Will anyone notice that her gem is clearly visible on her face and not on her hand?

Tune in to find out the answers to all these questions...and more!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://skymeow-o7.tumblr.com/post/173012112923/peridot-the-little

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TwoPair posted:

I like the Steven bombs too... in theory. The problem is in their execution. Whether they're intentionally killing the show :tinfoil: or they're just staffed by fools, by doing Steven bombs instead of just going week to week, it doesn't let tension build. Okay, it builds tension for us grown-up losers watching children's cartoons, but for the actually-important-to-the-network kids' demographic, it gives them time to forget and stop caring.

At this point, I'd even be happy if they Netflixed it and dumped everything out there. It's all going to be rerun to death over the next decade anyway, if that's all Cartoon Network cares about, why wait?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Season 1 (up until Jailbreak) is now on UK netflix apparently

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Yeah whoever edited that Dailymotion upload (I can see their intention was so that the credits would be in the video) really didn't think things through

I managed to keep it a secret from my partner until that moment, I was so rustled

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Season 1 (up until Jailbreak) is now on UK netflix apparently

Someone on reddit says it's the PAL speedup version with gay stuff censored.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The one cool thing about that garbage is that most UK fans have been calling out CNUK about the decision to censor it being bigoted garbage.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Upcoming episode title leaks:

149 Now We’re Only Falling Apart
150 What’s Your Problem
151 The Question
152 Made of Honor
153 Legs from Here to Homeworld
154 Familiar
155 Together Alone
156 TBA
157 TBA
158 Escapism

COMMENCE UNFOUNDED SPECULATION

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Madurai posted:

Leg ship confirmed

Diamond ships are basically Voltron. The giant White Diamond silhoutte in the background of Homeworld is White Diamonds ship. She is the Head + Body. Yellow and Blue are the Arms. Pinks are the legs.

Edit: Diamond Authority logo is also another clue to this.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 23, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Leg ship confirmed

Diamond ships are basically Voltron. The giant White Diamond silhoutte in the background of Homeworld is White Diamonds ship. She is the Head + Body. Yellow and Blue are the Arms. Pinks are the legs.

I can't believe rear end ship is canon.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Leg ship confirmed

Edit: Diamond Authority logo is also another clue to this.

Yeah but then where does Jasper & Peridot's big hand ship factor in there?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Madurai posted:

154 Familiar

This will be Familiar in the magic sense.

It will be either
A.) Lion
B.) Pearl (Because she was made specifically for Pink Diamond)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
All those episode titles sound important, which means they're all probably going to be fluff.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TwoPair posted:

Yeah due to the green.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Subship? A mini-green Voltron ship? :shrug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pakled posted:

All those episode titles sound important, which means they're all probably going to be fluff.

155 is Ronaldo trying to watch Naruto with his girlfriend over rabb.it and it not working.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Infinitum posted:

This will be Familiar in the magic sense.

It will be either
A.) Lion
B.) Pearl (Because she was made specifically for Pink Diamond)

Or Captain Lars

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Madurai posted:

150 What’s Your Problem
151 The Question
152 Made of Honor
154 Familiar
155 Together Alone
156 TBA
157 TBA
158 Escapism

note that those are production codes, and Familiar and Together Alone don't actually have confirmed codes (though Escapism does)
here's the actual airing order, along with the name for the two TBA's

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
yeah that other episode list was leaked a while ago

and it seems the 22-minute special was the only one they didnt predict in advance

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Holy poo poo!

The Garnet wedding is nigh!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madurai posted:

150 What’s Your Problem
151 The Question
152 Made of Honor
154 Familiar
155 Together Alone
156 TBA
157 TBA
158 Escapism

okay so the first four are clearly this next bomb with the breaking up and reformation of Garnet. "Legs" is going to be an important one maybe dealing with them refurbing Pink Diamond's ship. Together Alone is Captain Lars' dramatic return/reunion with Sadie.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I can't believe rear end ship is canon.

Believe it, baby. Everyone's goin for a ride in Pink Diamond's fabulous rear end! ...Wait.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Garnet has been said to be made of love, forget when but I'm pretty sure it was said. Made of honor might be a new fusion episode. Steven and garnet or pearl, not sure which.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Garnet has been said to be made of love, forget when but I'm pretty sure it was said. Made of honor might be a new fusion episode. Steven and garnet or pearl, not sure which.

Made of Honor is a pun on Maid of Honor

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's right in her first song, man. Although technically she says, I am made oh-oh-oh-oh-of Lo-oh-oh-oh-ove, oh-oh-oh-oh-ove.
And it's stronger than you. :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This wedding gonna be hella gay

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
A Ruby fused with a Ruby is a bigger Ruby.

Would a Ruby Ruby Sapphire fusion just be Garnet, but bigger, or would it lean more to the Ruby side?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Surprise, it'll be Ronaldo's wedding, Steven will be baking a Koala Princess cake and have to transport it in the van!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Onion's marrying Connie and their child will be Dendy from OK KO

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A crazy wedding where something happens.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Onion's marrying Connie and their child will be Dendy from OK KO

Sold

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

So who else is reading the title ”Now we’re only falling apart” in the same cadence as the lyric from Total Eclipse of the Heart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thunderfinger posted:

So who else is reading the title ”Now we’re only falling apart” in the same cadence as the lyric from Total Eclipse of the Heart?

This is probably :thejoke: