Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5I25GqsZjk

Yeah, and I've been going HARD with Dokkaebi recently because I like being able to call and then jump in through a window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
this may seem a little counterintuitive but I feel that playing ranked has made me learn the game much quicker. Having choice of spawns and defending points has taught me the call out locations much easier and allowed me to develop a baseline of tactics on the most popular locations as opposed to cycling through the “bad” spots and getting busted by a line of sight that I didn’t know exist. Party up with at least two other people, switch party priority to game first if you keep getting rolled, and have a more intentional plan of attack each map.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

u should just start playing Ranked as soon as u can once you've got basics down imo...ppl in Casual kinda already play like psychos so you'll have to relearn some stuff just 4 (in my experience) the different pace of Ranked
If any1 complains simply play DukeNukemBlowItOutYourAss.wav & you'll b efine

I want at least two team mates I can play with often for ranked. Gonna start that this week.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

this may seem a little counterintuitive but I feel that playing ranked has made me learn the game much quicker. Having choice of spawns and defending points has taught me the call out locations much easier and allowed me to develop a baseline of tactics on the most popular locations as opposed to cycling through the “bad” spots and getting busted by a line of sight that I didn’t know exist. Party up with at least two other people, switch party priority to game first if you keep getting rolled, and have a more intentional plan of attack each map.

This is actually super intuitive. A lot of people equate rank with personal worth, which is why a ton of people are toxic in games and poo poo.

For example, it's really hard to learn the value of an operator like Smoke without playing ranked, where the 3 minute timer means you'll frequently run into situations where you can actually use his ability to choke off late game pushes when there are 15 seconds on the timer. This is true for a lot of operators.

Ranked is also pretty much all killer no filler. My crew that I usually play with are playing ranked more because a couple of us don't really have to be able to jump off at a moments notice anymore.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I will say this about ranked; until you manage to get a bunch of games under your belt the rubberbanding between "wow this is a cakewalk" and "slam my dick in a doorjamb punishment" can really suck. Stick with it and get your rank locked in to enjoy a nice consistent challenge.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
anyone can hop in ranked matches and if they are even regularly playing for the objective at all it will put them in at least silver with solo queing no matter how bad you are. for reference, bronze through gold is where most casual players are and the only reasons that anyone will ever drop below Copper III are because they are incredibly unlucky or actually somehow worse than a person using a gamepad on PC.

putting off the entire mode to the side because you are waiting for people to play with is just preventing yourself from enjoying the actual best part of the entire game :shrug:

Hat Thoughts posted:

dokkaebi is so useful now w/ the 600 different cameras defenders have

yeah it's a nice addition to her having already had the best DMR/Shotgun/SMG options in the entire game. defenders will never kill their own flat cams or evil eyes btw

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Hat Thoughts posted:

dokkaebi is so useful now w/ the 600 different cameras defenders have

I'm sad that a living Dokk can't hijack Evil Eye cams. Would be some funny poo poo. Utterly busted, but hilarious.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Thief posted:

be advised intel suggests silencers are cool and good for all the best reasons

the exceptions being guns with sick firing sounds such as the 417 and buck's guns because breachem and blam bloom pow zowwy bang

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
No. Silence.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

gun music by Talib Kweli ft. Cocoa Brovaz posted:

You could be whoever
A black panther or lap dancer
When respect is the question
Folks coming with the gat answer
Shoot at your feet like spider, you a tap dancer
What am I amusing to you?
You better have that answer
Toys for guns, I got guns for toys
Silencers bring the heat without bringing the noise

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Thief posted:

anyone can hop in ranked matches and if they are even regularly playing for the objective at all it will put them in at least silver with solo queing no matter how bad you are. for reference, bronze through gold is where most casual players are and the only reasons that anyone will ever drop below Copper III are because they are incredibly unlucky or actually somehow worse than a person using a gamepad on PC.

putting off the entire mode to the side because you are waiting for people to play with is just preventing yourself from enjoying the actual best part of the entire game :shrug:

yeah it's a nice addition to her having already had the best DMR/Shotgun/SMG options in the entire game. defenders will never kill their own flat cams or evil eyes btw

Next stream I'll do it. Ranked it is.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The number one reason to play ranked is the lower round time limit. Casual has enough time to roam around for kills while ranked forces players to locate and approach the objective. Playing for time in defense becomes a lot more interesting when attackers have such tension applied to them.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Huzzah! Right before I played with Shockeh, Dante and Lightglobe last night, I ended up getting an ace, for the first time in months! (Despite being a player down and another player on my team intentionally shooting me most rounds, too...)
What I was also happy about is that I got a legendary charm ("Little Angel") immediately afterwards, on a 6% chance roll. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX1iAED5lL4
please don't judge my bad gu throws...I need more practice as Les

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats major o7
a round that starts with catching some1 bust thru a window & throwing an impact grenade...fun stuff 4 sure.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nice ace! I laughed when you repositioned the gu. Those fuckers are fire and forget for me. Bad throw or not

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://gfycat.com/DeadlySaneAllensbigearedbat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPaXG0oEInY&t=10s

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
New patch on Wednesday. Bug fixes.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-329336-16/21-patch-notes posted:

DEPLOYMENT

Patch 2.1 will be deployed as follows:

PC - Wednesday 20th of June.
PS4/XboxOne - Tuesday 26th of June. (Exact deployment times to be communicated later)

GAMEPLAY

Fixed - Players can access 3rd person perspective following certain steps.
Fixed - The counter defuser doesn't appear in the Operator's hands in the end of round replay.
Fixed - The red light in the Bulletproof Camera remains on after picking up the camera during the EMP pause effect.
Fixed - In some instances, the reload animation and the bullet count are out of sync.
Fixed - In some cases, grenades can kill the player throwing them.

OPERATORS
ALIBI

Fixed - Most charms are clipping through Alibi's MX4 Storm.
Fixed - The Mountain Foliage headgear and uniform have an incorrect thumbnail.

BANDIT

Fixed - Bandit Keychain charm appears as low quality.

ECHO

Fixed - Yokai's Sonic Burst doesn't always inflict deafen effect.

MAESTRO

Fixed - Maestro gets stuck and cannot shoot anymore after pressing his gadget button if both Evil Eyes are destroyed.
Fixed - Maestro's Evil Eye can still ping enemies while disrupted by a Twitch drone.
Fixed - In some instances, the Evil Eye will deal no damage to gadgets nor Operators.
Fixed - Maestro can put his turrets in Equipped state while he is in prone mode.
Fixed - When the Evil Eye overheats, the bulletproof glass won't open if the players keeps right mouse button pressed.
Fixed - Maestro doesn't receive bonus points for assists with the Turret in PVE.
Fixed - Evil Eye does not break assets on deployment.

TACHANKA

Fixed - Tachanka's skin is red when equipping the Para Bellum Headgear.

THATCHER

Fixed - Thatcher's portrait is misaligned in his Elite Uniform card during the Preparation Phase.

LEVEL DESIGN
CLUBHOUSE

Fixed - The bullet proof camera becomes unbreakable when placed in certain spots.
Fixed - It is possible to climb up on the other side of the fence.
Fixed - Fixed multiple issues when rappelling at EXT Graffiti Area.

USER EXPERIENCE

Fixed - Para Bellum is misspelled on the Seasonal Weapon Skins banner.
Fixed - Adding ban or 6th pick to a playlist avoids the operator selection screen to correctly appear.
Fixed - Players can see the message "the Attempt to connect to Server failed" during matchmaking.
Fixed - Banned operators from a custom game remain temporarily unplayable in PVP/PVE matches
Fixed - "Play 0x14839b2b18" appears in Discovery Playlist for Villa.
Fixed - The diamond pattern of the Carnevale skin appears broken on the lower section of the stock.
Fixed - "Full Screen" display mode can't be set during banning phase.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Congrats major o7
a round that starts with catching some1 bust thru a window & throwing an impact grenade...fun stuff 4 sure.

Oh yeah, took me by surprise too, that's for sure. I forgot to mention earlier , too - I thought BB was still where my gu mine was, which is why I whipped out that impact grenade. Thankfully though, he seemed to be (almost) as surprised as me, about being right in front of each other!

ZeusCannon posted:

Nice ace! I laughed when you repositioned the gu. Those fuckers are fire and forget for me. Bad throw or not

haha yeah, normally I just leave them too, but that one annoyed me. Couldn't believe I botched a throw as simple as that one! Just couldn't let it go :D

Also, forgot to mention - when I played with Shockeh that very next match, he was able to make an enemy player ragequit at the very start of two consecutive rounds, by killing them as soon as they got inside. Not a bad outcome, in my books!

Oh wow, how'd he survive that! Must've been on death's door after that 'nade - love hammering people, though

Also, I'd love to see that "Tachanka's skin is red" bug, drat. I remember a similar bug where Pulse's face was black back when the Skull Rain headgear came out - those visual bugs were always quite good to see - especially on the MVP screen.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Putting a Silencer on Buck's DMR, which has the most awesome railgunny noise should be a crime.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yings LMG sounds like a sci-fi gun with a suppressor but is rather shite with it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Want to see something loving stupid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN-zxtfM9dc

I had no idea Ela was there. She made zero attempts to come out of her hidey-hole. You can see I start planting the charge when Sledge gets shot, and even he didn't see her in there so naturally I assumed he died to the Alibi that just coincidentally came in the room right after.

A beautiful triple kill spoiled in only a way I could luck into.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Can anyone tell me what sort of a kill I got here? It was presumably from the kapkan trap. You can see the notice that I got someone, but the little ghost symbol is new to me.

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

SpazmasterX posted:

I had no idea Ela was there. She made zero attempts to come out of her hidey-hole. You can see I start planting the charge when Sledge gets shot, and even he didn't see her in there so naturally I assumed he died to the Alibi that just coincidentally came in the room right after.

i think she was in the hallway when she killed sledge, at 0:46 you can hear the window break as she vaults in to the small office

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Just got this game on PS4 and didn't see a consol thread. Looking for active goons to avoid solo queuing if possible.

PSN: Warugado

Orv
May 4, 2011

El Jebus posted:

Can anyone tell me what sort of a kill I got here? It was presumably from the kapkan trap. You can see the notice that I got someone, but the little ghost symbol is new to me.

Looks like a glitch, that's not anything Kapkan related. Hell it looks like Smoke's mask.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I guess I can also add this here. Two very lucky headshots from the safety of a shield.

https://youtu.be/fLcaqQqJl-M

WALLGOD posted:

Just got this game on PS4 and didn't see a consol thread. Looking for active goons to avoid solo queuing if possible.

PSN: Warugado

Added on PSN.

Orv posted:

Looks like a glitch, that's not anything Kapkan related. Hell it looks like Smoke's mask.

Yeah, I hadn't seen it before so I wasn't sure if it was new or what.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

El Jebus posted:

Its the new bleed out icon for when a downed person is killed by round end or just plain bleeds out

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Its the new bleed out icon for when a downed person is killed by round end or just plain bleeds out

But what... what?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Orv posted:

But what... what?

I’m guessing it was a downed-by-kapkan-trap situation.

Orv
May 4, 2011
No I mean the icon for bleeding out.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i assume it's supposed to be a very stylized skull, but yeah, not really sure what they're going for.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
MAXIMUM CONFUSION.

Also got my 69 charm yaaay

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

ZeusCannon posted:

Also got my 69 charm yaaay

:respek:

Shockeh posted:

Putting a Silencer on Buck's DMR, which has the most awesome railgunny noise should be a crime.

choosing the perfect loadout is absolutely essential towards the advanced endgame strat of dressing up your cyber-barbies for the direct purpose of tactical harassments via killcam and/or MVP screens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxlCfoZholo

Thief fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 20, 2018

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

El Jebus posted:

It looks like the momento mori charm from a while back.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SpazmasterX posted:

In all fairness, you did hear her when you came in, and the killfeed showed Ela's weapon. :rip: though.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

from my crew's team v team custom games last night

my buddy: https://streamable.com/wbrgs
me, later: https://streamable.com/x6ss9

the "NOT AGAIN!" sustains me

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 21, 2018

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Thief posted:

:respek:

choosing the perfect loadout is absolutely essential towards the advanced endgame strat of dressing up your cyber-barbies for the direct purpose of tactical harassments via killcam and/or MVP screens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxlCfoZholo

Yea it's a pretty cool tactical barbie simulator

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Orv posted:

But what... what?

It's a skull. It just means they were downed, for whatever reason, when their team lost the round. It kills them so it can credit whoever did the downing with a kill. Frost trap kills at the end of a round show as frost traps though, because they interact in a different way.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The stupid drone point change is making it really hard to get over 4000 points :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

The stupid drone point change is making it really hard to get over 4000 points :saddowns:

Play ranked.