Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Hitman taking out Superman to get revenge for the murder of the entire Guilty Gear roster :stare:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Agent 47, your target is Level 20 Atrocitus.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

goferchan posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

Hitman taking out Superman to get revenge for the murder of the entire Guilty Gear roster :stare:

Er, good luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

haha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They called the seventh hitman hitman 2

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
You can now preorder Hitman 2, which is being released on Steam on the 14th of November!
Very exciting news, however I must admit that I'm a touch disappointed that it's not simply a new 'season' within the existing HITMAN game, like what I remember the devs originally stated. (Last year, or whenever that was) Not a big deal, but it does mean that unlocked gadgets, etc. won't carry across, unfortunately. (Unless they've set it up so if you use the same account they'll transfer across, I suppose)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

shadow tactics is on sale for the 10000 time on humble bundle for 12 bux

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

You can now preorder Hitman 2, which is being released on Steam on the 14th of November!
Very exciting news, however I must admit that I'm a touch disappointed that it's not simply a new 'season' within the existing HITMAN game, like what I remember the devs originally stated. (Last year, or whenever that was) Not a big deal, but it does mean that unlocked gadgets, etc. won't carry across, unfortunately. (Unless they've set it up so if you use the same account they'll transfer across, I suppose)

They have indeed confirmed that unlocks can transfer over. Not sure about gadgets and stuff for balance reasons but at least all the elusive target suit rewards and poo poo

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

goferchan posted:

They have indeed confirmed that unlocks can transfer over. Not sure about gadgets and stuff for balance reasons but at least all the elusive target suit rewards and poo poo

Oh, nice! Yeah that was mostly what I was after - I do like some of the gloved outfits, so that's excellent news! Thanks for that; I hadn't read anything addressing this, so that's definitely a piece of good news for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I haven't played since they patched in the hard mode and stuff . I need to redownload

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

goferchan posted:

I haven't played since they patched in the hard mode and stuff . I need to redownload

Oh yeah, that new "professional mode" (I think it's called) is actually pretty good! I haven't played it in a while, but IIRC stuff like disabling cameras and people spotting pools of blood (not 100% on the blood bit, though? It's been a while) makes guards suspicious, so they send a patrol over to investigate. They also update camera locations, etc. to make it a bit more challenging - so I think it's quite good, really.
I mean, I still find myself playing the regular mode most often if anything, but I do quite enjoy the harder difficulty, when I fancy a challenge.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Here's a bit of Hitman 2 co-op:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlY80gd4EOg

It's basically sniper challenge 2.0 with friends, but it seems kinda fun.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Seventh Arrow posted:

lmao at Jane suddenly letting a target she was tracking go because she realized she could shoot the cake. This looks fun.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

:agreed: the cake blew up nicely though

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm hyped to play more Hitman.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Seventh Arrow posted:

this is already out and IS sniper challenge 2.0 and is seperate from season 2

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't get the 2016 Hitman so picked it up today. I love it so much so far and I'm only bumbling around on Paris. Also stoked for Hitman 2 based off that sniper video.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mekchu posted:

Didn't get the 2016 Hitman so picked it up today. I love it so much so far and I'm only bumbling around on Paris. Also stoked for Hitman 2 based off that sniper video.

Hitman rules, take your time on each level because there's so much to squeeze out of them. A large part of the fun is going from feeling like everything is blocked off to being able to read an objective and picture 10 different ways to complete it in your head.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Get mastery on every level before moving on imo, that's what I did and I'm glad. Makes you really savour it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

Hitman rules, take your time on each level because there's so much to squeeze out of them. A large part of the fun is going from feeling like everything is blocked off to being able to read an objective and picture 10 different ways to complete it in your head.

I love that they added in more targets on specific NPCs. That ups the replay-ability a bunch and is a brilliant idea.

My first time through on Paris I got the woman pushed over the ledge onto her husband(?) which I thought was a great thing I stumbled upon. I think the next time I play the level I'll try to go for the Public Speaker challenge. That looks amazingly cool to pull off.

I also reinstalled Shadow Tactics which I want to finally try and beat at some point because I always get invariably mad by loving up a bunch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mekchu posted:

I love that they added in more targets on specific NPCs. That ups the replay-ability a bunch and is a brilliant idea.

My first time through on Paris I got the woman pushed over the ledge onto her husband(?) which I thought was a great thing I stumbled upon. I think the next time I play the level I'll try to go for the Public Speaker challenge. That looks amazingly cool to pull off.

I also reinstalled Shadow Tactics which I want to finally try and beat at some point because I always get invariably mad by loving up a bunch.
My favorite thing to do in Paris is fling a pair of scissors at the guy in front of a ton of people. Live by the scissors, die by the scissors.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would guess that 90 percent of my Hitman playtime is just throwing things at people's heads.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's insanely satisfying to do. I think they know everybody does it because it's an integral part of the Hitman 2 trailer

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the ax throw ftw

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would guess that 90 percent of my Hitman playtime is just throwing things at people's heads.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

the best is when they turn and see the fire extinguisher flying at them and scream for 1/5th of a second before the *PLUNK*. hit man is so good i need to figure out how to get it streaming

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im playing a stealth game called Yakuza 0. its a game about avoiding men in black suits while collecting "CP" so you can trade it to a priest

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I posted:

im playing a stealth game called Yakuza 0. its a game about avoiding men in black suits while collecting "CP" so you can trade it to a priest

Lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

the ax throw ftw

Oh yeah, rounding a corner (or coming out of cover) while the target is calmly walking towards you, then lobbing a fire axe into their face is the best thing, in Hitman. After finishing the game stealthily a few times, I've taken to killing targets in similar high-profile ways, leaving the body and weapon there, then slipping out before anyone notices.
(I also think sneaking through the mission unseen, then loudly gunning down the target with a stolen handgun/SMG/whatever, then ditching it and disappearing before anyone arrives is also an interesting way to complete missions)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did Paris a 2nd time last night and had a pain of a time getting Novikov to stand under a speaker so i could drop it on him. I ended up settling on just head shotting him with the silenced pistol while on the runway much to the horror of everyone at the show.

I really want to get the camera bomb challenge done after seeing that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Oh yeah, rounding a corner (or coming out of cover) while the target is calmly walking towards you, then lobbing a fire axe into their face is the best thing, in Hitman. After finishing the game stealthily a few times, I've taken to killing targets in similar high-profile ways, leaving the body and weapon there, then slipping out before anyone notices.
(I also think sneaking through the mission unseen, then loudly gunning down the target with a stolen handgun/SMG/whatever, then ditching it and disappearing before anyone arrives is also an interesting way to complete missions)

I am a big fan of the gimmick explosive unlocks. I had a lot of fun going to basically every mission with the exploding cell phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My first time through the game I probably took out half the targets by poisoning them and then drowning them in the toilet or shoving them off the ledge that they throw up into.