Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

apple dodging taxes is the only moral and ethical thing they do

Shaggar posted:

no im saying apple is bad at everything they do in addition to being evil

Shaggar posted:

not really. they might have made a good phone once but they've been loving it up for years now

where did you grow up and what years? I want to confirm a theory about early exposure to lead poisoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i catch myself up saying contradictory things but usually they aren't in immediately sequential statements. and when i gently caress up, i go read a book on my e-reader so my brain gets smarter. i also compulsively eat my own hair, urinate myself when i see fire and live in a dilapidated shed for 2 days a week, the whole time wearing a mask in case anyone comes in. so take if from me you're a hosed up idiot.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what was contradictory?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/TrevorLess/status/871864741878263810

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

what was contradictory?

well your consistency lies in waking up every day and choosing to carry on this charade, defend dumb and contradictory opinions, and save the momentary humiliation of saying you were wrong. which is really brief. everyone forgets about it. don't open any emails about me with attachments though.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk what you're on about. apple makes bad products and tim cook is in bed with bad people, but they do try to shelter their income from federal and state taxes which is correct and good

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

taxes are good except when they fund terrible things like the military

so like 10% of taxes are good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

kudos on the new pro-musk trolling strategy, it's really paying off

i like elon musk and want to kiss him on the mouth teslas are the best

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
pk returned just to have a meltdown?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

how is it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The Management posted:

this is the melt up, melt down comes later

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

taxes are good except when they fund terrible things like the military

so like 10% of taxes are good

I think its more like 2 or 3% at this point

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

when u add up discretionary and nondiscretionary spending the overwhelming majority of it goes toward entitlement programs: social security, medicare/medicaid, etc.

e: here's FY2016

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 21, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

He's not wrong about apples donations but he's expressing it in the whackest way possible

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

when u add up discretionary and nondiscretionary spending the overwhelming majority of it goes toward entitlement programs: social security, medicare/medicaid, etc.

e: here's FY2016

so yeah somewhere between about 3 and 6% is good spending

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh nm that's gdp not total spending. that's stupid

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Gurman: Apple Considered Removing Lightning Connector on iPhone X

As a side note in his report about technical challenges facing the AirPower, expected to be released by September, well-connected reporter Mark Gurman also noted that Apple considered removing wired charging from the iPhone X.

From his Bloomberg News story:

quote:

During the development of the iPhone X, Apple weighed removing the wired charging system entirely. That wasn't feasible at the time because wireless charging was still slower than traditional methods. Including a wireless charger with new iPhones would also significantly raise the price of the phones.

Just to be absolutely clear, Gurman confirmed to me that this would have included removing the Lightning connector from the device. In fact, his report notes that Apple designers eventually hope to "remove most of the external ports and buttons on the iPhone," although this is likely multiple years away.

A few years ago, it was reported that Apple's design chief Jony Ive's end goal is for the iPhone to resemble a "single sheet of glass," while Apple has repeatedly expressed its ambitions to "create a wireless future," so the eventual removal of the Lightning connector should perhaps come as no surprise.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol even jonny isn't that stupid

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

lol even jonny isn't that stupid

yeah, apple employees would keep walking into their phones

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

this is the melt up, melt down comes later

just as long as there’s a plan.

kev dawg, come hang out with your bros in the pos, laugh at funny computer. we’re all chill here, no need to get worked up. there’s plenty of bad poo poo in the world, but we don’t have to drag it with us everywhere.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Plz do not doxx my 4-year-old.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The Management posted:

just as long as there’s a plan.

kev dawg, come hang out with your bros in the pos, laugh at funny computer. we’re all chill here, no need to get worked up. there’s plenty of bad poo poo in the world, but we don’t have to drag it with us everywhere.

you're a loving psyop

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management posted:

kev dawg, come hang out with your bros in the pos, laugh at funny computer. we’re all chill here, no need to get worked up.
yospos is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. in yospos you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "take it easy" is the yospos motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. show up if you want to have a good time. another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i agree just want to say windows users leave now you are not welcome, go play in traffic, the thingies are bad and also what's up with the viruses

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
windows is great. sorry you have brain damage and think apple makes anything worth a drat

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

graph posted:

how is it

with a supported TB3/AMD configuration in macos it works pretty well. in boot camp or with an Nvidia card it is a pain to get working. whether I’d recommend it or not depends on what you want to do with it. if it’s for gaming I’d say buy a windows box or a console or whatever because that’ll work better. there’s significantly less bandwidth for TB3 than there is for an x16 pcie bus, so if you’re aiming for really high frame rates at 1080p it won’t work well. 4K or something that’ll tax the GPU itself more will probably work fine.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I wish Siri had more than three choices of accent. Like maybe a Scottish one (unintelligible to all) or a South African one (which would respond to all inputs by talking in a loud and drink-slurred voice of their deep and abiding hatred of "Bliks")?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/06/21/apple-came-to-ireland-to-build-a-community-not-skirt-taxes-tim-cook-says

tim getting things backwards again

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Schadenboner posted:

I wish Siri had more than three choices of accent. Like maybe a Scottish one (unintelligible to all) or a South African one (which would respond to all inputs by talking in a loud and drink-slurred voice of their deep and abiding hatred of "Bliks")?

good news, iOS 12 adds Irish and seth efrican Siri voices.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Shaggar posted:

windows is great. sorry you have brain damage and think apple makes anything worth a drat

hey is the official winpho twitter client still limited to 140?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no they replaced it with a new version that's just the mobile web page.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Evis posted:

with a supported TB3/AMD configuration in macos it works pretty well. in boot camp or with an Nvidia card it is a pain to get working. whether I’d recommend it or not depends on what you want to do with it. if it’s for gaming I’d say buy a windows box or a console or whatever because that’ll work better. there’s significantly less bandwidth for TB3 than there is for an x16 pcie bus, so if you’re aiming for really high frame rates at 1080p it won’t work well. 4K or something that’ll tax the GPU itself more will probably work fine.

neat, thanks

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

holy poo poo lol disk utility is so bad. all this thing does is error out and ruin drives and make me reboot into windows to fix them with diskpart clean

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

gently caress YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

gently caress YOU

:tinfoil:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
there aren't lunix commands you could run?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
its loving trash, you need to use diskutil to do anything to a disk on osx

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it was only partially broken until el cap, when they replaced it with this completely broken version. i literally just need to format this external 8tb to hfs+.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
diskpart clean in windows won't format hfs+ so couldn't you wipe the disk or the partition table with a command-line tool, or are you saying the macos cli is literally incapable of making those filesystem operations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

afaik there is no equivalent of diskpart clean in cli diskutil. i was able to get it to format with cli diskutil, but only after i used windows diskpart clean to unfuck whatever the macos GUI disk utility did. formatting the drive in diskpart is a separate operation from clean