Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

sponges posted:

I’m playing 6 for the first time and it sucks so far. I started with Chris’ chapter and it’s just the worst. Are the other chapters better?

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

SettingSun posted:

Chris' campaign is undoubtedly the weakest. For me it's Leon -> Jake -> Ada -> Chris. I think Chris' last chapter is pretty good though.

I definitely had more fun with Chris than Leon. Half of Leon's campaign is that stupid final boss fight. At least if felt that way. Anyway, the game is worthy playing for Chris' final level, as well as Jake's and Ada's campaigns. Just remember to use melee with Jake - it's really fun.

Also the game looks crazy good. I wonder what the budget was.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

OldMemes posted:

If zombies take three headshots and that's not considering the lickers and stuff, it's no wonder they gave Leon a cushy government job for getting out of the city. Leon is hardcore.

Maybe three headshots, maybe. The demo footage I saw plenty of zombies go down from that and get right back up.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Barudak posted:

They gave him the job to keep him away from them and the agency’s cars

RE 7 says lots of people survived Racoon City, so maybe they all got nice government jobs too, just with less quick time event type nonsense.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
The Fourth Survivor got increasingly flimsy as a point of pride.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Safeword posted:

The Fourth Survivor got increasingly flimsy as a point of pride.
Fourth Survivor of the Raccon City Police Station

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
6 is way better when you play it in story order. (and also ignore all the bad poo poo that makes it bad and just enjoy the ride)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Renoistic posted:

I definitely had more fun with Chris than Leon. Half of Leon's campaign is that stupid final boss fight. At least if felt that way. Anyway, the game is worthy playing for Chris' final level, as well as Jake's and Ada's campaigns. Just remember to use melee with Jake - it's really fun.

Not if you're playing on your own it's not. Pierce is completely useless in that final fight if he's AI.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I will remember RE6 favorably for a long time because during his final boss fight Jake can deliver a vertical suplex to the final boss.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

In the final boss fight of REmake2 Leon should pull a backflip out of nowhere to dodge something or roundhouse the boss in the face and go "I should do that more often." I'd love to work in a belly-to-belly suplex somewhere but that might be too much.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

SettingSun posted:

I will remember RE6 favorably for a long time because during his final boss fight Jake can deliver a vertical suplex to the final boss.

What is it with the Japanese and that wrestling move? I see it in anything with the smallest hints of Japan influence. Obviously cause they think it is badass, but is there a history or something?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

In the final boss fight of REmake2 Leon should pull a backflip out of nowhere to dodge something or roundhouse the boss in the face and go "I should do that more often." I'd love to work in a belly-to-belly suplex somewhere but that might be too much.

He watches Mr X suplex Birkin or something and goes "hmmm, now that seems effective on monsters".

Btw, anyone notice at the end of the reveal trailer it does a quick cut of various scenes, one of which is Mr X bending open some bars and then getting a giant clawed hand through his chest, presumably belonging to either Birkin or a second Mr X that's turned into a Tyrant? That didn't happen in the original right? (despite it being one of my favourite games, it has still been about a decade since I played it last)

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
I want to know what poor vehicles Leon is going to crash in the remake.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Rikimaru posted:

I want to know what poor vehicles Leon is going to crash in the remake.
His jeep, the sheriff's car, a train, on top of causing a helicopter to crash through sheer proximity.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

His jeep, the sheriff's car, a train, on top of causing a helicopter to crash through sheer proximity.

Now I want to see Leon derail an elevated train and take out a low-flying helicopter in the process.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Don't forget Claire's motorcycle.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

He watches Mr X suplex Birkin or something and goes "hmmm, now that seems effective on monsters".

Btw, anyone notice at the end of the reveal trailer it does a quick cut of various scenes, one of which is Mr X bending open some bars and then getting a giant clawed hand through his chest, presumably belonging to either Birkin or a second Mr X that's turned into a Tyrant? That didn't happen in the original right? (despite it being one of my favourite games, it has still been about a decade since I played it last)

X and Birkin never met but X did turn into a 4 armed/clawed guy after getting dunked in some molten steel or whatever.

Edit: And that triggered the memory of X's final form intro music and boy was that some dramatic poo poo.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Vakal posted:

Don't forget Claire's motorcycle.
Needs a long cinematic sequence showing how a tiny little thing Leon does causes Claire's bike to crash through a series of unlikely events.

Backhand posted:

Now I want to see Leon derail an elevated train and take out a low-flying helicopter in the process.
Leon manages to somehow cause a mail robot to violently crash through a wall.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Broose posted:

What is it with the Japanese and that wrestling move? I see it in anything with the smallest hints of Japan influence. Obviously cause they think it is badass, but is there a history or something?

Japanese Pro Wrestling is a thing and its one of more well known moves. I guess its also fairly easy to animate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its actually purely simple OBJECTIVELY CORRECT STRATEGY.

where is a zombie weak? the head. what do you land on in a correctly applied suplex? your head also. ergo, the suplex is the ultimate zombie killing wrestling move. the ddt puts your neck right next to their face and isnt practical.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

Kibayasu posted:

X and Birkin never met but X did turn into a 4 armed/clawed guy after getting dunked in some molten steel or whatever.

Edit: And that triggered the memory of X's final form intro music and boy was that some dramatic poo poo.

I'm Umbrella chronicles they reused that theme for his boss fight, and it was just as wonderful there. The way the vocals kick in as he comes up the stairs... :allears:

Third Time's A Charm from Outbreak was great, but not quite as strong.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Speaking of RE 1.5, here's a relatively recent video that shows off a bunch of it for anyone that didn't feel like going through the hassle of getting the prototype running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuZsJDxmrY

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I just wanna say that RE5 is a really great game. 6 however is total garbonzo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Resi 6 is... better than Resi 5

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RE6 is one good game that has the content of two more mediocre ones sucked into it. I’d rate it higher than 5 if it was just only the good parts of each campaign mixed into one.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 22, 2018

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The best part of RE6 is Ada’s silent magical co-op partner. Every time she uses a zip line to get somewhere he’s just...there already. Like creepy Watson with a SWAT mask and shotgun.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
RE4 - Best Level Design
RE5 - Best Graphics
RE6 - Best Gameplay

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

But RE5 also has DC Douglas going full ham as Wesker, that puts it a few notches higher :colbert:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

its actually purely simple OBJECTIVELY CORRECT STRATEGY.

where is a zombie weak? the head. what do you land on in a correctly applied suplex? your head also. ergo, the suplex is the ultimate zombie killing wrestling move. the ddt puts your neck right next to their face and isnt practical.

Whaaaa? The DDT is the one where you headlock them by your waist and drop backwards. If anything the problem is that your forearm is near their mouth, not your neck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dewgy posted:

The best part of RE6 is Ada’s silent magical co-op partner. Every time she uses a zip line to get somewhere he’s just...there already. Like creepy Watson with a SWAT mask and shotgun.

i played through ada's campaign as agent, spamming emotes while my friend interacted with stuff.

nice nice excellent nice excellent excellent nice nice nice nice

i was very helpful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, they think doing wrestling moves on giant monsters is badass because it is.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Aces High posted:

But RE5 also has DC Douglas going full ham as Wesker, that puts it a few notches higher :colbert:

Ahh! there you ahhh!
The worst part of an otherwise great game that gets a bad rap cause it's not an exact copy of 4

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Flytrap posted:

Whaaaa? The DDT is the one where you headlock them by your waist and drop backwards. If anything the problem is that your forearm is near their mouth, not your neck.

Also RE zombies don’t seem to infect you with just the bite so at best they’d be able to nibble you a bit from the DDT position before getting planted. Easily cured with some :420:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'll go against the grain here but if you got a buddy, RE6 is leagues ahead of RE5.

Never played either of them solo outside of a few plebby 'farming' moments, but I'm well aware of the AI in RE5 being dumb enough to die while the RE6 partner is invincible, so that puts RE6 ahead in the solo stakes.

Both are remarkably solid titles though in co-op. Fantastic fun. They both may be terrible RE games as far as what constitutes an RE game to long-time vets of the series (and so is RE4, fite me IRL), but oh god drat wow RE6 Mercs is godly and highlights just how fantastic the control over your character actually is when given absolute free rein. No Mercy will blow your loving genitals away with the opportunities to prove it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Whatever its flaws me be, and it has several big ones, Resident Evil 6 unquestionably has the best, most fluid, most responsive controls of any third person shooter.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, they think doing wrestling moves on giant monsters is badass because it is.

Ever since the first game had Barry straight up hand you cans of acid to shoot at lizardmen, the Resident Evil series has always prioritized whatever sounds coolest to the devs over all else.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Crowetron posted:

Ever since the first game had Barry straight up hand you cans of acid to shoot at lizardmen, the Resident Evil series has always prioritized whatever sounds coolest to the devs over all else.

"ESPECIALLY AGAINT LIVING THINGS."

You can just imagine the cogs in Jill's brain trying to work out if the zumbimens are 'living' or not at that point.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Vakal posted:

Speaking of RE 1.5, here's a relatively recent video that shows off a bunch of it for anyone that didn't feel like going through the hassle of getting the prototype running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuZsJDxmrY

Always nice to watch a game related video where the person narrating actually has a voice for it

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Anonymous Robot posted:

Whatever its flaws me be, and it has several big ones, Resident Evil 6 unquestionably has the best, most fluid, most responsive controls of any third person shooter.

I disagree. As much as I hate MGSV, it certainly holds this title no questions asked, but thinking about it Resi 6 is certainly up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I disagree. As much as I hate MGSV, it certainly holds this title no questions asked, but thinking about it Resi 6 is certainly up there.

I haven’t played this yet because I generally find open world games dull, but I just got this on the Steam sale so color me intrigued!