Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Malpais Legate posted:

Who was heroprotagonist of Vox Machina? I almost want to say Vax but he's really ticking the broody elf box too much for that.

Taryon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Huh. It's Keyleth isn't it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

A lot of redditbros argued it was Vax because he was the Fatetouched one but tbh I think it was Keyleth. Her Aramente spanned the entire journey and she got the very last scene in the campaign.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Keyleth definitely has the Coming of Age and like, ascension bits going but I get hung up on Vax because of the Fatetouched, and also how he definitely gets a hero's bittersweet end.

This is a stupid line of thought anyway because no D&D party really needs someone to be pointed at for "main protagonist" role, even after the fact.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Scanlan is the glue that holds everything together.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That is a lot of ways to misspell Grog. Master of Shapes and Colors.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Malpais Legate posted:

This is a stupid line of thought anyway because no D&D party really needs someone to be pointed at for "main protagonist" role, even after the fact.

Yeah, focusing the story on one PC is a bad idea for all kinds of reasons.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

That's completely true. The story of Campaign 1 is ultimately the story of Vox Machina, not any one character.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Despite my joke, I definitely would say there's no single protagonist of Vox Machina. The group is so reliant on its status as a group that no single person stands out above the rest.

I think Fjord is only taking a leadership position in the Mighty Nein because he's the only fully levelheaded member of a gang of quirky scoundrels. Even someone totally average would be better at getting along and finding the right path.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Both campaigns are actually about villain protagonist Percy.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

I don’t know who the protagonist of C1 was, but the protagonist of C2 is clearly Kiri

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Kiri is obviously C2's Clarota. :unsmigghh:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Thinking about it now, as much of as asspull as it would be, I'd still get a kick out of Molly somehow being an amnesia-stricken and body-swapped Percy. Like I don't want to see it, but I really want to see it at the same time.

I don't think they'll be able to resist going to Exandria and tracking down their old characters and old beloved NPCs when they get to the higher levels and travel is much easier, and I can't imagine that not being super fun. I'm thinking it's the fun Bay of Gifts style vacation before they start ramping in to the final arc.

Edit: On the Kiri front I'm hoping that they drop her off with the Gentleman when they come back to get paid. I like how Matt's been hinting at their race commonly being rogues by having her stabbing corpses and slicing a dagger around, and it's pretty easy to see that perfect mimicry would be a super valuable espionage and eavesdropping skill to have. That would also make it easy for her to pop up again later in the campaign if they decide to visit that area again.

I wouldn't be surprised if she plays a key role when they get to the lawless town that holds the second part of the quest as well, I could easily see her being kidnapped, used as leverage in some way against them, or just wandering off to be with some other gang, or with a few Kenku who happen to be there already.

I remember being a bit annoyed when they were distracted by some random bird out in the distance, oh how very wrong I was.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 21, 2018

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm on episode 26 of s1 'welcome to the adventures of tiberius'. Also they are a very murder hobo group aren't they?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Murder Hobo is the natural state of any D&D party, and so it should remain. There's a redemption Paladin in one of my groups that is firmly anti murder, even in self defense, and they'll run around bringing back people we've just taken out of the fight, who then promptly resume trying to murder us. I appreciate the roleplay, but it's as much of a killjoy as you might imagine it is. It's actually reduced any residual dislike I may have had for Keyleth's attempts to moralize about how the party should be better people, since once battle hit she'd just you know, sunbeam fools, kill kids, do whatever and then hey if they can clean up the mess afterwards that's great.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 21, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chitoryu12 posted:

Despite my joke, I definitely would say there's no single protagonist of Vox Machina. The group is so reliant on its status as a group that no single person stands out above the rest.

I think Fjord is only taking a leadership position in the Mighty Nein because he's the only fully levelheaded member of a gang of quirky scoundrels. Even someone totally average would be better at getting along and finding the right path.

My favorite thing about Fjord is while yeah that levelheaded thing is true he's also far and away the biggest liar out of an entire group of liars. Nothing about that dude is genuine.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Blockhouse posted:

My favorite thing about Fjord is while yeah that levelheaded thing is true he's also far and away the biggest liar out of an entire group of liars. Nothing about that dude is genuine.

But he's so honest in his untruths!

Also I am only up to episode 13 but where does he really lie? He just seems to not get asked about a lot because he has "taken charge" and everyone is too busy looking for the more obvious secret keepers.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Josef bugman posted:

But he's so honest in his untruths!

Also I am only up to episode 13 but where does he really lie? He just seems to not get asked about a lot because he has "taken charge" and everyone is too busy looking for the more obvious secret keepers.

If nothing else, he seems to drop the Texan accent whenever he's speaking to his patron.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

If nothing else, he seems to drop the Texan accent whenever he's speaking to his patron.

Yeah, there's a possibility that at least a big part of Fjord's background is actually fake.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, there's a possibility that at least a big part of Fjord's background is actually fake.

That's what I'm talking about. The fake Texan accent says a lot on its own.

For all we know his entire outward personality is just as much an affectation. He drops in and out of characters so easily, what's one more?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He’s probably not even a real half orc.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Ojjeorago posted:

No not again!

Fjord's jerkass reveal is going to be awesome.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Kraps posted:

No not again!

Fjord's jerkass reveal is going to be awesome.

He's probably doing it for good reasons. That or it is going to be the kind of monumental betrayal that ends the stream.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Ojjeorago posted:

I believe he's half orc. I don't believe he's half human. :colbert:

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
I'm confident Travis doesn't know how much of an rear end in a top hat Fjord is yet.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

At least we know he's not half-mermaid.

Maybe.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
I think he's just trying to figure out how to play Lawful Good in a party of assholes without being a wet blanket

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I hope Fjord has a talk with Kiri while she's with the party about mimicing voices, seems like he's missing an opportunity to pick up some tips from a natural expert and he's shown interest in tossing on disguises and fake voices in the past.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm just continuously surprised they haven't gotten her killed yet, she's got 6 HP for god's sake.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

"But he burned his entire family and is now traumatized" Sam is a genius.

If the M9 were responsible adults they would have left Kiri with the dwarf and Jester would have use Message to tell his partner where is and to take care of Kiri. Of course, they aren't responsible adults.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
They're weird tonight, I can already tell this is going to be a fun episode.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Molly is at his best in bars.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Did you notice how quite it got when drunk Caleb called Jester "Astrid"? Liam is the king of melodrama and I loving love it.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, that moment was great, it went from kinda rowdy to *pindrop*

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm watching episode 27 of the first campaign. I'm not seeing what everyone was talking about. Are they mad that tiberius spent 20+ minutes cramming half a years worth of activities into 10 days? Or does something else happen soon?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Something else happens towards the end as well when he makes a comment.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I finished it, what was the comment? I didn't notice and was listening rather than watching.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

RC Cola posted:

I finished it, what was the comment? I didn't notice and was listening rather than watching.

Vex is discussing tactics with regards to the Briarwoods and Orion says something along the lines of her coming up with a plan "giving him a half-chub," however the way he says it it comes off that he's talking about Laura, not Vex.

Travis isn't a fan of shopping episodes in general (he jokes about them throughout the campaign) and Orion's actions are causing him to die a little bit inside...however one can literally see the moment immediately after where Travis is ready to lay into Orion. I believe he mumbles "I am going to kill him" at one point as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

^^ :stonk: Boy am I glad I skipped to Campaign 2.

Where is Talks Machina uploaded? I can’t find its playlist on YouTube.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 22, 2018