Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I hope that's a promo shot from the first season, because it'd suck for Manny to have to get back in those robes for every photo shoot just to avoid spoilers, when he's probably going to be in a Jags jersey and snapback most of this season.

In a twist, the back of the robes say BORTLES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

maybe Jason gets sent back to the Earth life of that monk :pwn:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

maybe Jason gets sent back to the Earth life of that monk :pwn:

As far as we know, that monk didn't really exist.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the idea is really funny to me though. so i hope it's what happens

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Wait is that saying season 3 starts in September or is it a promo for a rerun of the season 1 premier or what

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Season 3 is in 99 days.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

swickles posted:

Season 3 is in 99 days.

Such a long wait is truly a mark of the Bad Place.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Hearing Manny Jacinto talk on the latest episode of the podcast is like hearing Brian Baumgartner talk on The Office DVD commentaries.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

swickles posted:

Season 3 is in 99 days.

NINE NINE!

Wait... wrong Schur show...

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

CPColin posted:

Hearing Manny Jacinto talk on the latest episode of the podcast is like hearing Brian Baumgartner talk on The Office DVD commentaries.

It's so weird not to hear him say "Homie!" at the end of a sentence.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
"The only thing going through my mind is that I'm touching Ted Danson!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Anyone going to San Diego Comic Con?

https://thegoodplacesdcc.com/

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

D'Arcy Carden and Megan Amram on today's The Good Place: The Podcast. It's as excellent as you might think.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
:siren: Ted Danson on this week's podcast. :siren:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Best revelation: Ted runs his lines with his wife, Mary, and she actually performs them, not just reading them monotone, which tickles MEJ because it means she's played Shawn

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Gaz-L posted:

Best revelation: Ted runs his lines with his wife, Mary, and she actually performs them, not just reading them monotone, which tickles MEJ because it means she's played Shawn

I need to see Mary Steenburgen in the show in some capacity.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I've been curled up at home with tonsilitis and binged both seasons in a day and a half. Holy crap this show is great you guys.

I was talking to a friend about all the Lost-era shows that would just pile up loads and loads of convoluted twists and turns for no real reason. And then this show comes along and completely blows them out of the water with it's Bad Place twist. Absolutely flawless in build up and execution, and made me want to instantly go back and watch it all again.

Favourite gags:
- Shawn retreating into his cocoon
- Janet pleading for her life
- "Who died and left Aristotle in charge of ethics?" "....Plato"
- The excruciatingly long back and forth over "that the file? not a cactus? you're going to give me a file aren't you?"

Season 2 was maybe a bit weaker in the middle, but the Bad Place montage was amazing, and I want to blow up this shot and put it on my wall:

She's clearly in hell there, but its so adorable.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I've been curled up at home with tonsilitis and binged both seasons in a day and a half. Holy crap this show is great you guys.

I was talking to a friend about all the Lost-era shows that would just pile up loads and loads of convoluted twists and turns for no real reason. And then this show comes along and completely blows them out of the water with it's Bad Place twist. Absolutely flawless in build up and execution, and made me want to instantly go back and watch it all again.

Favourite gags:
- The excruciatingly long back and forth over "that the file? not a cactus? you're going to give me a file aren't you?"

Season 2 was maybe a bit weaker in the middle, but the Bad Place montage was amazing, and I want to blow up this shot and put it on my wall:

On rewatch one of my favorite jokes is when Chidi starts to melt down about the hot air balloon and Tahani asks if he usually does that. Eleanor answers "usually, but this one seems to be gaining power." The way she says it is just hilarious to me.

Looks like they pulled S2 off Hulu, I wonder if it'll end up on Netflix like 1 did.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

RBA Starblade posted:

Looks like they pulled S2 off Hulu, I wonder if it'll end up on Netflix like 1 did.

Both are on UK Netflix, for what it's worth.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Season 2 gag reel. Come for Jamila Jamil's delightfully British swearing, stay for the sick dance moves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3eFAqemAkQ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm D'arcy lifting Marc by the throat and doing lines from A New Hope.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Favourite gags:

"Jason figured it out? Jason? Oh, this one's real low point. Yeah that hurts."

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

They spend a lot of time on the podcast talking about how nice Ted Danson is and he really delivers on that promise. Plus who is in so many network shows that they can’t recall the name of one? Ted Danson, that’s who.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rewatch time for me.

I hope Elanor and Chidi move on from Australia fast in S3 so we don't have to deal with more accents like Henry's. Talk about the Bad Place.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 21, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Australia is my bad place.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Speaking of, just thinking about "Henry, move!" "I can't Chidi, my boots are stuck in the tracks!" makes me bust a gut.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, Chidi's university in Oz has a big est. 1826 in the logo. That's prison era. Long time before we had universities. Clearly this must be a simulation.

I like how to make sure you knew it was Australia they had her fly on a Qantas plane with 'Spirit of Australia' shown and then they gave Sydney airport a huge sign it doesn't have and then the taxi driver was all 'G'DAY MATE NO WORRIES' and then Chidi's university logo is just an Australian flag with a torch and then he has a giant Australian flag in his office and a koala doll on his desk. We got it, guys.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 21, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

MikeJF posted:

Also, Chidi's university in Oz has a big est. 1826 in the logo. That's prison era. Long time before we had universities. Clearly this must be a simulation.

That university like most Australian businesses from that time started as a scam with very poor credentials.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Season 2 gag reel. Come for Jamila Jamil's delightfully British swearing, stay for the sick dance moves.

Jason's stunt double can do a barrel roll like a goddamn champ, hot drat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Man, now I'm really ready for season 3. When does it start?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
September 27th!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

September 27th!

Arrrrrrrrgh that's too long.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I'm D'arcy lifting Marc by the throat and doing lines from A New Hope.

The face she makes after delivering that line sold the bit

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

double nine posted:

"Jason figured it out? Jason? Oh, this one's real low point. Yeah that hurts."

Jason's :haw: as Michael acknowledges it is glorious.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I like how this podcast shows Marc Evan Jackson is a total fanboy for the show! (Special Comic-Con panel episode today!)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Kristen episode was great too. She seems super-engaged by the philosophical elements of the show, plus it was interesting to hear how her contract basically prevents NBC from pulling the show to a standard 22-24 episode season. (She signed on partly because the first season was only going to be 13- that was probably because it was straight-to-series pick up based purely on it being Schur- so she could spend time with her kids, but that means her contract says they can only have her do 16 eps a year.)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I kind of wonder if NBC giving Schur carte blanche was because they realized passing on Brooklyn 99 was a mistake.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

howe_sam posted:

I could watch Janet bloopers all day

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

swickles posted:

I kind of wonder if NBC giving Schur carte blanche was because they realized passing on Brooklyn 99 was a mistake.

Schur’s record is unimpeachable but I wonder how much money he actually makes for NBC. He’s the nicest man in the world and everything he touches turns to critically-acclaimed comedy gold. Every network should have an open-door policy for him at this point in his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

CPColin posted:

I like how this podcast shows Marc Evan Jackson is a total fanboy for the show! (Special Comic-Con panel episode today!)

So many good parts of this panel, hard to pick a favorite. Though William Harper's story about filming the trolley sequence is way up there.

• Locked thread