Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Today’s Costco run:
- another of those $30 tower fans for the bedroom since the one in the living room is so good
- two (2) Kirkland brand quality dress shirts
- an igloo cooler that is now an uncleanable gluey mess of adhesive after attempting to remove giant labels, will be returning, PBUC

I bought an Igloo cooler about 8 years ago, still has the stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Tower fans are kind of meh. Are these really that good?

Have you guys seen any wall clocks on sale there?

Yes. I don't care for tower fans in general, but this one moves a ton of air and has lots of different settings. I don't think that you will find a better fan anywhere near this price point, and you can always return it if you think I'm overhyping it. It is a very good fan. The only thing that I would change about it is making the blue LEDs not so bright.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

FogHelmut posted:

I bought an Igloo cooler about 8 years ago, still has the stickers.

I’ve never met a sticker that didn’t come off using a hair dryer. If you’re having sticker troubs try that.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Vornado is the One True Fan.

Sticker stickiness comes out well with WD40.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

skooma512 posted:

Tower fans are kind of meh. Are these really that good?

Have you guys seen any wall clocks on sale there?
My wife has one thats basically a rug blower with a vertical stack opening and it moves air like crazy.

Wall clocks? Sure in the business essentials aisles.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

Wife and I got are getting a costco mortgage.

They neglected to tell us whether we get a soda with FREE refills. Will inquire next time we speak to our agent.

I just closed with a Costco Mortgage.

Truth be told.... it isn't super money-saving. You'll save $300ish of some initial fee, which isn't much compared to the $4k cost of the mortgage itself.

The best part was, when I was on Costco Finance webpage, put in my info and selected a lender, they literally called me within 7 seconds of hitting "Submit." And after that, the lender was nothing but professional and efficient. Your interaction with Costco itself ends at that webpage. It was the first time I had done one of these over email, though. Makes it difficult to clarify things, sometimes. I scanned SO many paper documents into pdf, uploading them onto the lenders page.

Pro tip: Don't do a VA loan, if you can help it. There are tons of more flaming hoops through which to jump. I didn't know that, up front.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Costco vendors are told multiple times over and over to kiss every member's rear end and give the lowest possible prices and best service because if they don't Costco will drop them without blinking. I was in a car dealership for my job and while I was working the manager was setting up the Costco auto program and the amount of warning and hoops the dealer had to jump through was nuts. Costco also warned the dealer that they *will* be secretly audited.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Peachfart posted:

Costco vendors are told multiple times over and over to kiss every member's rear end and give the lowest possible prices and best service because if they don't Costco will drop them without blinking. I was in a car dealership for my job and while I was working the manager was setting up the Costco auto program and the amount of warning and hoops the dealer had to jump through was nuts. Costco also warned the dealer that they *will* be secretly audited.

Good, thank you Jim!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I went to a dealer looking for a used car through Costco. The guy gave me a decent price on a new car, and then kept pushing me towards a lease. I didn't buy anything because I was looking for used. I let Costco know when they contacted me later about my experience.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone bought a costco coffin?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone bought a costco coffin?

My moms got some life insurance through them. So kinda.

Does anyone have this snowcone machine, I suddenly need a snocone machine

https://www.costco.com/Snowie-Little-Snowie-2-Premium-Shaved-Ice-Machine-Bundle.product.100399502.html

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Dill pickle snowcones with tejin sprinkled on top is the best flavor don't @ me.

Snowcones makers are tough to get right, but I'd have confidence in Costco make it work. Or return it if it sucks.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

My will: bury me in a Costco coffin

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

My will: bury me in a Costco coffin
They come in a 4 pack. Do you have a wife and kids?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
There’s an old saying; when you seek revenge, shop at Costco.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Update: gluey cooler returned no questions asked, replaced with different cooler which is much better

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco needs a crematorium next to the tire shop. I don't want to be buried, just torch my dead gay rear end at Costco and get a hot dog & refill for $1.50+tax on the way out.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco needs a crematorium next to the tire shop. I don't want to be buried, just torch my dead gay rear end at Costco and get a hot dog & refill for $1.50+tax on the way out.

No cuz then the hotdogs will be people. We've been over this.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Coredump posted:

No cuz then the hotdogs will be people. We've been over this.

Costco hot dogs are 100% all beef, friend. Perhaps you are thinking of Sam's Club or some other den of heresy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thinking bout those dogs

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I live close to both Costco Wembley and Costco Watford (UK). Today I went to Watford.

Holy poo poo. Watford is a loving mad max post apocalyptic hellscape where anybody under the age of 50 has died. It’s a little bigger than Wembley, but has five times the people, who are all poo poo at trolleys, and get lovely at the staff when their trolleys get moved. And this is early morning on Friday. Hate to see it on the weekends.

Wembley on the other hand has been nice. Not too busy, pleasant customers.

Still haven’t found the Kirkland peanut butter pretzel things at either, starting to think they’ve been banned from our shores. Also can’t find the hot dogs. Saw them once but never again.

Also, got some Kirkland glasses. Very nice, very cheap.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Horse Clocks posted:

Holy poo poo. Watford is a loving mad max post apocalyptic hellscape where anybody under the age of 50 has died. It’s a little bigger than Wembley, but has five times the people, who are all poo poo at trolleys, and get lovely at the staff when their trolleys get moved. And this is early morning on Friday. Hate to see it on the weekends.
I thought only dentists and barristers could shop there in the UK or whatever

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Horse Clocks posted:

I live close to both Costco Wembley and Costco Watford (UK). Today I went to Watford.

Still haven’t found the Kirkland peanut butter pretzel things at either, starting to think they’ve been banned from our shores. Also can’t find the hot dogs. Saw them once but never again.

When I was visiting the UK last October we went to the Reading Costco. It seemed very low key and relaxed.
Please explain Tuna on a Jacket Potato. (The food court chicken sandwich was glorious though)

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

a hole-y ghost posted:

I thought only dentists and barristers could shop there in the UK or whatever

And business owners (me), public sector, anyone in medical or finance, and I think they also send out invites.

Meydey posted:

When I was visiting the UK last October we went to the Reading Costco. It seemed very low key and relaxed.
Please explain Tuna on a Jacket Potato. (The food court chicken sandwich was glorious though)

It’s a baked potato, with tuna? I have no idea why but this country thinks that’s a meal. Actually, anything on a baked potato is a meal.

naem
May 29, 2011

tuna on a baked potato is like, extreme student poverty food

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco hot dogs are 100% all beef, friend. Perhaps you are thinking of Sam's Club or some other den of heresy.

Yeah you're right, forgive my transgression. PBUC

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Jacket potatoes are baked potatoes. You can find them sold in takeaways but in the US only Wendy’s does that I think.

Now I want to make curry tuna and see how that is on a potato.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Horse Clocks posted:

It’s a baked potato, with tuna? I have no idea why but this country thinks that’s a meal. Actually, anything on a baked potato is a meal.

We did get a potato with cheese, but the couple next to us had 2, 1 with tuna and 1 with baked beans (wtf)
Pretty sure this was under 5 pounds. No ice in the drink though.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What's the deal with the Cutco salesman giving me a hard sell on a set of knives priced at $1150?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So I have a confession, I've been going to Price Club/Costco since like 1992, and I have never had the rotisserie chicken until today. wowza! it's good. very juicy. I probably won't get it again because my gf is a vegetarian, and i can only share so much of it with my dog before he probably gets death-shits, but it's quite good and lot of food.

Also our costco now has the Acai bowl, $4.99 which is a little on the pricier costco side, it's not bad. I think it'd be better on an insanely hot day but I generally liked it. not as good as ones I've had down in San Diego. unfortunately their only other cold desert is the fruit smoothie, which is ehhhh. I miss the froyo

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 22, 2018

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Horse Clocks posted:

I live about 1.5 blocks from what must be one of the least-busy Costcos in the UK. I try to limit myself to once a week (mostly for meat, and occasional enchilada tray with premixed margarita bottle for special weekends).

We do have the pb pretzels. Not sure which hot dogs you mean. Obvs they have the concession ones. I’ve also seen a couple other types in the groceries section. Never paid much attention as hot dogs aren’t my thing. You can always ask the manager person by the registers, they can look stuff up on the computer and can sometimes tell you months ahead of time if they are getting something in.

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 22, 2018

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Horse Clocks posted:

I agree, Watford is a mess. They recently opened one in Hayes, but I haven't tried it because Hayes.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

GORDON posted:

What's the deal with the Cutco salesman giving me a hard sell on a set of knives priced at $1150?

Cutco knives are Real Bad.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are they? According to him, buying them will make my wife very happy.

I'm recently divorced...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Hypnolobster posted:

Cutco knives are Real Bad.

They are actually fine if they cost 1/10 of the asking price!!!!!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Dump your girlfriend and keep the rotisserie chicken

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Ling Ling makes my heart sing Costco praises

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

AWarmBody posted:

Ling Ling makes my heart sing Costco praises

uhhhhhhhh nothing triggers me harder than seeing ling ling out of stock

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Eating a massive PRIME boneless ribeye steak with normandy veggies tonight.

P.B.U.C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Thank you, Lord, for my Costco-denched hair this evening. pbuc