Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Friending is available for 38s now. Probably 30 by end of evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Yeah level 38 now, awesome

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Question for all you people that are way more dedicated than me:

Can gifts be sent remotely, or are they like trading in that it's local only?

I'm basically wondering if it's worth bothering adding friends on the other side of the country to gift them faticates.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Well it’s unlocked for me now and I’m lever 35.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Oyster posted:

Question for all you people that are way more dedicated than me:

Can gifts be sent remotely, or are they like trading in that it's local only?

I'm basically wondering if it's worth bothering adding friends on the other side of the country to gift them faticates.

They can be sent remotely.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Got my first gift

2 hyper potion, 10 pokeball , 10km egg

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Your buddy's nickname shows up in your friends list entry, so just a heads up in case you're walking around with a Pokemon named DUMBFUCKER or something.

e: Any idea how rare Gift drops are? I just did a quick run through the local stop cluster (15 in total) and I didn't get one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'm level 38 and don't see where friends are listed, where do you access the screen?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Louisgod posted:

I'm level 38 and don't see where friends are listed, where do you access the screen?

On your player profile. Like where you view badges and change your buddy. Top right corner.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Click your icon, then upper right

Traded with the wife. 100 dust for trading stuff we already have, which gave us a friendship level (easier than going to a stop)

20k for a pelipper she didn't have and her 110k dust wasn't enough for me to give her a latios

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

Your buddy's nickname shows up in your friends list entry, so just a heads up in case you're walking around with a Pokemon named DUMBFUCKER or something.

e: Any idea how rare Gift drops are? I just did a quick run through the local stop cluster (15 in total) and I didn't get one.

I'm sitting on a stop for 1,5h and got 10-15 gifts. Pretty generous amount, I'm actually worried clogging my inventory with these

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They could have made these codes more difficult to share. Why cant I copy and paste this poo poo Niantic. It even wipes whatever you have already entered if you switch apps.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
its down to 33 but im 31 so welp

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Maker Of Shoes posted:

its down to 33 but im 31 so welp

Level 30 is live get on and get gifts.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

They could have made these codes more difficult to share. Why cant I copy and paste this poo poo Niantic. It even wipes whatever you have already entered if you switch apps.

I definitely can copy paste it and also share as a message over whatsapp/telegram/whatever

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I definitely can copy paste it and also share as a message over whatsapp/telegram/whatever

Maybe it's an android thing? I can't paste numbers in the friend request box.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Away all Goats posted:

Maybe it's an android thing? I can't paste numbers in the friend request box.

It is a specific version of android thing, and phone model may play in as well. I have a Nexus 6 and it deletes anything I have when I switch apps. A friend with a Pixel 2 does not have that issue.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Anyone want to exchange codes if only for gifts? Presumably we won't to trade, but at least get some sweet Alolan eggs going. Plus, if you run out of room, you can just delete friends.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'll happily friend everyone in the thread one the level requirement drops a bit more. Also I just met a guy who showed me how to join the local discord group so I can start raiding reliably. Hell yeah

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Coolness Averted posted:

how did he find your phone number just from pokemon go? :tinfoil:
Using the same username in a bunch of stuff?
Had you posted it on a message board or discord or something to arrange meet ups and raids or something?
Also did you meet any cute bois?
In my city people use Whatsapp groups instead of Discord... and those are linked to phone numbers!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Entropist posted:

In my city people use Whatsapp groups instead of Discord... and those are linked to phone numbers!

:chloe:

This seems bad

Ransack
Aug 9, 2006
Anyone want to be my friend? 0541 3199 9480

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Sweeet, add me add me

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
we should probably organize something in the OP with like a Google sheet or something instead of spam posting friend codes

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

we should probably organize something in the OP with like a Google sheet or something instead of spam posting friend codes

Agreed. Until then, 8241 7153 6496.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

4380 5656 3801

Let me give you presents.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
It's still stuck at 30 :sigh:

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I'm 31. It's coming soon!

Zydrate
Jun 28, 2011
Im 31 and trading like mad! Friend code! 4923 9568 3394

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Pez posted:

It's still stuck at 30 :sigh:

You can gift and trade now! https://mobile.twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1009935901882019840?s=19

Also, gifts are nice:
5489 6536 5640

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

8365 2772 4740

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Added everyone except louisgod because I can't copy text from a screenshot. 6486 5105 0153

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Wow rude, 5800 1166 8250.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

9768 2943 8887

Friend me up y'all.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mine's 4846 0100 3075

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Let's get the gravy train rolling

0514 4797 9139

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm still at Level 28 :(

Ransack
Aug 9, 2006
I just got a 7k egg from a gift. Anyone know what's in them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

My Trainer Code is 4076 2500 0918, I’m trying to add everyone who’s posted so far

• Locked thread