Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Why not just have a white haired chick who looks vaguely similar somewhere, not named Ciri, and then a reference from someone else like “I don’t trust her, she’s hiding something.” Then we simultaneously have and don’t have Ciri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Meet someone dressed as Ciri but it turns out it's just a dedicated cosplayer into classic video games from the early 21st century.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

chaosapiant posted:

Why not just have a white haired chick who looks vaguely similar somewhere, not named Ciri, and then a reference from someone else like “I don’t trust her, she’s hiding something.” Then we simultaneously have and don’t have Ciri.

How about no

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Meet someone dressed as Ciri but it turns out it's just a dedicated cosplayer into classic video games from the early 21st century.

This but you don't realize it until after she's ripped you off and skipped town.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ooooh! I got it! You’ve been tracking some rear end in a top hat all over the city, and as you finally find him, corner him, and shoot him in the head, he says “are you serious!?!?” But the bullet cuts him off before the last syllable. Bam, Ciri reference!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Should have a sex scene with Ciri imo

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ciri should be walking along an area the player can't reach, she's only visible for a few seconds. Anything more would be sili.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Should have a sex scene with Ciri imo

With multiple interactive positions and interactions.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I hope in some big megacorp execs office, he has the little “Geralt in a bathtub” statue on his desk.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 21, 2018

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

chaosapiant posted:

I hope I’m some big megacorp execs office, he has the little “Geralt in a bathtub” statue on his desk.

This is the single decent idea I've seen in this thread, the rest has been embarrassing as all hell.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

chaosapiant posted:

I hope I’m some big megacorp execs office, he has the little “Geralt in a bathtub” statue on his desk.
A real power move would be to have your meeting while sitting in a bathtub like Geralt.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A Buttery Pastry posted:

A real power move would be to have your meeting while sitting in a bathtub like Geralt.

I do phone meetings like that. Not video yet, though.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I think it'd be really cool if the game didn't reference the witcher at all

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I can't contribute to this, but it does make me wonder what sort of language they use in Cyberpunk. Is it more or less standard English? I last played Shadowrun close to two decades ago and I still use "dreck" in my daily life (and I'm not Jewish). There was a CDPR tweet a number of pages back that used the word "chummers," which I thought was a Shadowrun word.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 21, 2018

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I do phone meetings like that. Not video yet, though.
It's only a real power move if the person is in the room with you. Showing how you're confident they won't do anything against you, while you leave yourself completely vulnerable, is the whole point.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
The real power move is having a meeting while you take a poo poo with the door open. Have the other people cluster around the door.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nude, mohawk, heavily tattooed and ritual scars. Got it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Can I get this as a .gif with Initial D music please also gently caress you set the whole game alongside Ciri that would own goats

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Look Sir Droids posted:

The real power move is having a meeting while you take a poo poo with the door open. Have the other people cluster around the door.

This doesn't seem as big a deal to me. My second wife would often come in to chat me up while I was pooping, and then the cat would follow her and do figure eights around my ankles, then sit inside my pants. It felt not at all like a power move, and more like "why can't I have some goddamn privacy?"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Look Sir Droids posted:

Just have your chair be a toilet in the middle of your office.

chaosapiant posted:

This doesn't seem as big a deal to me. My second wife would often come in to chat me up while I was pooping, and then the cat would follow her and do figure eights around my ankles, then sit inside my pants. It felt not at all like a power move, and more like "why can't I have some goddamn privacy?"
She was doing a power move on you.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Yeah man, you got out power moved.

I don’t think any power moves will work on my wife for me. Or my dogs. They just come bother me when I’m pooping and make me pet them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Shoehead posted:

Put Waluigi in 2077
The Witcher 3: Waaaaaaah Hunt

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Haha, drat, I totally forgot that Netrunner was set in the Cyberpunk world. I loved that game.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I think that Ciri, the Witcher 3 character, should walk right up to you while wearing her Witcher 3 clothes and weapons, and in an in-engine cutscene you can't skip, look you in the eyes and say "Whoa, it's me, Ciri! From the Witcher 3 video game! Wow how craaazy is that. It's a cameo! Well sort of because I'm not actually a real person, I'm just a combination of voice acting and graphics. But hey, I'm in this game even though I'm not supposed to be because it's a different universe from the Witcher 3's universe, but here I am! It's because the same company, CD Projekt Red, made both The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, the video game you're playing right now. Isn't that weird, haha?!? Well anyway, see ya!" And then she just disappears. Not with any fancy graphics or anything. One frame she's there and the next she's not, like a bad 90's camcorder trick.

This should happen once every in-game day.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

GreatGreen posted:

I think that Ciri, the Witcher 3 character, should walk right up to you while wearing her Witcher 3 clothes and weapons, and in an in-engine cutscene you can't skip, look you in the eyes and say "Whoa, it's me, Ciri! From the Witcher 3 video game! Wow how craaazy is that. It's a cameo! Well sort of because I'm not actually a real person, I'm just a combination of voice acting and graphics. But hey, I'm in this game even though I'm not supposed to be because it's a different universe from the Witcher 3's universe, but here I am! It's because the same company, CD Projekt Red, made both The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, the video game you're playing right now. Isn't that weird, haha?!? Well anyway, see ya!" And then she just disappears. Not with any fancy graphics or anything. One frame she's there and the next she's not, like a bad 90's camcorder trick.

This should happen once every in-game day.

You’re probably being facetious but I’m behind this.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Some pretty stupid hyperbole in this thread. It's not unreasonable that people would enjoy a small easter egg somewhere in the game. Yeah a questline is wholly unnecessary, but a quick little nod isn't going to ruin your precious immersion.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Would including Ciri in the game anger more people or would not including her anger more people?
I'm for whatever option makes more people mad.

In fact my purchasing decisions are based solely on games that anger most gamers.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Go with the "C was here" suggestion.

Specific enough that people will get it, and vague enough that it won't break immersion/look tacky.

Best of both worlds, or at least will piss off both camps. A win in my book :downs:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Jack Trades posted:

Would including Ciri in the game anger more people or would not including her anger more people?
I'm for whatever option makes more people mad.

In fact my purchasing decisions are based solely on games that anger most gamers.

PC should have two versions. Steam checks your library for Witcher 3. If you have it, you get no Ciri CP2077.

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004
Cyberpunk 2077: 700 Days of Ciri Discussion

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Look Sir Droids posted:

PC should have two versions. Steam checks your library for Witcher 3. If you have it, you get no Ciri CP2077.

No love for Gog copies? :saddowns:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Ciri shows up and the game checks for your Witcher 3 final save. If you got the bad dad ending Ciri kills you and deletes CP2077 from your computer. If you don't have a Witcher 3 save the game immediately closes out and opens your browser to the GOG sale page.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
change the name of the game to Ciripunk

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You know there's a forum out there saying it's Witcher 4 in secret and that's why the demo was hidden and everyone was excited.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
2077 is the number of ciris due to time space bullshit

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

JBP posted:

You know there's a forum out there saying it's Witcher 4 in secret and that's why the demo was hidden and everyone was excited.

I think its this one

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

CD Projeckt Red is going to announce "Ciri" is in the game as your constant companion and helper. However, its actually going to be Siri that is in the game.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

communism bitch posted:

I think its this one

Also on post above the Ciri voice actor as Siri in your Aug UI

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
If it's first person and really that high detail, this poo poo in VR would be swell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
"HEY M-MORTY! LOOK AT ME! I TURNED MYSELF INTO CIRI, MORTY! I'M CIRI-RIIIICK!"