Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Komun and Rudala, the siblinghood that saved Riven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Majestro and Pardali, xenophobic AF

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Rexward and Baza, The Most Awkward Friendship in Hindsight.

I was your Third Best Friend!

KhediveRex fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 22, 2018

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Emi, alone. (except with Indroj a bunch)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

KhediveRex posted:

Rexward and Baza, The Most Awkward Friendship in Hindsight.

I was your Third Best Friend!

There's a reason for that awkwardness and it was none of my making!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like the Chell, Kapro, Verus, Saya insanity going on and the various BFFs by proxy because of it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Excuse me Simio was with me every day until end game so uh?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Looking at the movement map, technically the Heroquest took place on Varban but once it was all said and done we went to Kiston for like the very end of that turn. We were barely there.

(And I'm not just saying this because I want to be counted for traveling everywhere on Tiven, honest!)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Also I barely interacted with Bark and you stole my twin brother's identity

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Krysmphoenix posted:

Looking at the movement map, technically the Heroquest took place on Varban but once it was all said and done we went to Kiston for like the very end of that turn. We were barely there.

(And I'm not just saying this because I want to be counted for traveling everywhere on Tiven, honest!)

Yeah heroquest for the movement map all the surviving heroquest people happened to move from Rivenin to Kiston, which put them on a path through Varban, so even if I had them detour, it wouldn't have shown up, since it would have just looked like you were passing through anyway.

As for visiting, does it count as visiting Varban if you just get really high on the edge of the island, have a hallucination about a snake, and then just end up on the beach elsewhere anyway? :colbert:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

As for visiting, does it count as visiting Varban if you just get really high on the edge of the island, have a hallucination about a snake, and then just end up on the beach elsewhere anyway? :colbert:

Ooh I've visited Varban irl I think :j:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asiina posted:

just get really high on the edge of the island, have a hallucination [about a snake], and then just end up on the beach elsewhere anyway? :colbert:

this is majestro's entire game

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Rex wasn’t high he was drunk

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Rex wasn’t high he was drunk

actually, it was both - explicitly both; and they did what they could to get the wahrks drunk, too

hey guys I'm back at it after a weekish off how are your days going because mine is GREAT

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The Riven sheet's primary tab has been sorted Status > Destination > Character Name;

cause of death has been added to the dead

and all survivors who intend to remain on Riven or Tay - or have ventured somewhere other than Sa (more on them later) have their sheets tidied and linked

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Asiina posted:

Yeah heroquest for the movement map all the surviving heroquest people happened to move from Rivenin to Kiston, which put them on a path through Varban, so even if I had them detour, it wouldn't have shown up, since it would have just looked like you were passing through anyway.

I did not travel from Rivenen to Kiston. I spent the turn prior to Heroquest at sea. And died on the shore of Varban hallucinating a snake.

On that point, actually, I and Salo were the only two people to visit Open Sea. Which would make us the Co-Kings of Open Sea.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

KhediveRex posted:

I did not travel from Rivenen to Kiston. I spent the turn prior to Heroquest at sea. And died on the shore of Varban hallucinating a snake.

On that point, actually, I and Salo were the only two people to visit Open Sea. Which would make us the Co-Kings of Open Sea.

Yep, I put you two there on the movement animation. You meet between Kiston and Enketon then you go off to Varban to die and he goes to Kiston to rightfully yell at the people who let you die.

It happens at around 0:33 and again at 3:45 with everyone else.

All three of the survivors went from Rivenin to Kiston, passing through Varban. You did not survive.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
the real story of everything that happened

reader discretion is advised

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Epilogue: The Hawk Reborn, Shalasha, Pardali of Clan Baleno:

:rolldice: 37

She would call it... Velorre. It was not as she had intended, perhaps; more beautiful than she had anticipated. The ruins of a forgotten civilization and the feral population in need of their goddess. The Velorra were not a simple people, no, but they were in need of guidance. They relied on fruit and fish for sustenance - Pardali taught them to hunt, to skin and tan, and much else of what she knew of her own world. Their language was simple, so she expanded it, introducing a standard system of writing. For months after her arrival, the Velorra enjoyed a peace and prosperity they had never known before. Under the watchful eye of the hawk, Shalasha, and her daughter, and hers, and hers, they would recover what once had been lost and push further beyond. Velorre was changed dramatically in those first few years, forests and jungles cleared, lakes drained -- as Pardali had taught, so the Velorra had adapted their environment to their needs.

Still, on the warmest nights in the hot month, Pardali would find herself looking to the stars and wondering after her family, her home, and the others. She would never know - and she was at peace with that - as she had created a new home all her own.

Epilogue: Indroj of Clan Ivo:

Some time after the wedding, Artemis O'hara departed for Sa. Clan Ivo prepared to part ways. Indroj held his brothers in a tight embrace, reminding them of bravery and peace. He shared his warnings with them, and left them what he could in the form of his diary. The Allapon depths had rendered nothing of further use, but Clan Ivo had their knowledge and their reputation. He saw his brothers off, said his remaining farewells, and donned his Slug Suit - the Mark III, of his own derivative design. The reinforced connections lowered him slowly and with total control. He watched for the indications Zale had warned him of, took what he knew to be his last breath of Varbani air, and recalled the connectors.

He fell for as long as he could remember.

:rolldice: 81

He was weak, at first. The lurching feeling was so much worse than traveling between Riven and Tay, as he had done many times in the preceding weeks. He coughed, checking his Slug Suit Mk. III for damage. He seemed to be okay, the suit seemed to be okay, and he'd managed to hold on to his satchel; journal and pen. He stood.

The Age in which he found himself defied understanding. Its nature somehow thrived even though - perhaps because of - its incredibly harsh conditions. High temperature and lack of surface water were not enough to disallow vegetation or even animal life. It was remarkable that the arid land could support anything, let alone such a variety of flora and fauna in an unsettling equilibrium. He walked from where he had landed for quite some time before he sank to his knees and felt the first gentle brush of foliage on his feet. A moment later and he was beneath the surface, stunned to bear witness to the subterranean civilization he found there.

It was a true success - if only he could've contacted his brothers. In truth, if only he had had the smallest amount of luck, he would not have found himself here. As he emerged from the subterranean wilderness and into the city he had first come upon, he waved. Many of the people around him looked terrified. They were all so much more pale, which he supposed made sense, but it made him so obviously alien. From far above, a chain soared towards him and bound him, metal digging into his skin. His chin hit the ground hard, and the people around him seemed to breathe a sigh of relief.

She yelled at him in a language he did not understand. He tried the Rivenese language first, to no avail. The woman who had captured him moments before continued to bark at him, over and over, and he could quickly understand it was the same sentence in language after language after language... and finally, he heard her say, "Where are you from?" in accent-free D'ni.

"Riven." He said. "I am Indroj of Clan Ivo."

Where has he gone? In whose company does he find himself? Who can say? Indroj's story may very well not be over, but his role in this one is. probably not.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey guys, just going to plug my game in here

its a cool game that i think the people here would like

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
hey great news from epilogue central my dudes but all non-stranger character sheets are now linked and tidied

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
All characters who remain on Riven one month following Gehn and Atrus' exit to Sa should let me know if they are explicitly not attending the wedding tia

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Some amusing firsts & lasts.

Natural 20 posted:

I'm worried that I won't be able to play enough to do this, or that I'll get so invested it'll actually be bad for me. (See FFVII where I woke up after 3 hours of sleep because I'd gone too deep on trying to win)

But I'll play.

Natural 20 posted:

Zale sees Lea link through, hovers his hand over the Sa page. I'm getting her back.

He pauses and his eyes widen as if remembering something both from years ago as if it were only yesterday.

No.. not without her.

Zale moves back

Bifauxnen posted:

uh... testing? 1, 2?

...okay. Looks like it works fine.

now try and not spam the hell out of me on this global channel, if you don't mind. Since everyone can hear you on it and all.

right, then

Bifauxnen posted:

*runs towards Lea just to see she's already too late*

oh gently caress YOU, Atrus...!

*looks frantically around for Corn, catches his eyes, then links herself*

curiousCat posted:

I hope my new character also dies while I'm at a quidditch tournament with very little internet access that was fun

curiousCat posted:

Communication is meant to bring peace.

curiousCat posted:

Ammy...

stay safe. And keep her safe, too. Okay?

honorable mention:

Bifauxnen posted:

on second thought, I highly approve of MMM no longer being with the peraMyst company but coming back as a bamboozle consultant

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
peraMyst III: Everdunes - Prologue

Zanzian Miller reached for her - surely there was some part of the jungle not aflame, he thought, surely there was somewhere safe to hide, together, apart, so long as she could survive. But she would not be reached, screaming and nocking and firing as though she were waving her arm; the supply of arrows in her hand diminishing, slowly - but slowly diminishing.

A shot from the invaders grazed him, placing a short line of blood along the trees before him. For the hundredth time in the last hour, he instinctively reached for his empty pistol to fire back and try to do something other than slowly pull back deeper into the forest. His hand didn't stop at his holster, bouncing off of his body wholly out of his control. The force of his own movement joined with the sudden spinning act the jungle had decided to piss about with and he fell. He had enough strength left to catch himself as their retreat finally came to an end.

With no arrows left in her hand, Schelene lowered her center of balance, ready to dodge, flee, anything. There were more arrows to be had in retreat, after all, and only so many invaders. But there were so many loving invaders. She was so very strong, so much stronger than he was, and it took many more shots to bring her to the ground. When she finally fell, she did so violently, lashing at anything she could get her hands on - including, eventually, the hard ground beneath them.

"Sands," a voice he didn't recognize swore, "these two were beasts." He heard from a voice he didn't know. "Especially this one."

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The night of the Hunt, Zale’s plans had fallen to dust; he’d divided where he’d sought unity; he’d hurt people he hadn’t intended - perhaps irreparably. The day of his wedding had arrived, and the he found himself preoccupied with the past.

“The word is ‘cake’?” Saya looked sidelong at the confection at the center of this ritual which she did not understand nor did she want to. There remained many things Saya did not want to understand. But she wasn’t going to be caught unawares against such a large gathering of people - never again. “I don’t trust it.”

Zale had been prepared to make a final sacrifice to save his people. He’d been preparing for one final sacrifice, believing it would save everyone on Riven, when he’d released the two he’d felt he failed most of all.

But Artemis had given him her igisi. He thought of days before at Varban, when he’d absent-mindedly offered her a bow he’d been carrying for days with her in mind. She had laughed at the gesture, shaking her head and showing him what a real bow was like.

He thought of years before.

She arrived as an envoy from Clan Ivo, which he wasn’t familiar with. She was clearly Igisian, in the way that Igisian always are. She’d put her hair in an intricate braid, and wore on her face nothing but defiance. Had she been hoping for him to send her away? All the more reason to do exactly that. No, beneath that defiance was determination - shining blue in her eyes - and the faintest glimmer of nerves.

They hunted together. He had her practice knife-work as an excuse to have an argument, and she would not relent with her attempts to teach him archery. They were far stronger together. It was difficult at times to tell who was the envoy and who was the teacher, but regardless he dedicated himself to demonstrating what he had to offer. They worked together towards becoming their best selves. In retrospect, he realized, it should’ve been obvious. It took far too long for him to realize he’d fallen for her.

Further distractions behind him broke his concentration. “Why won’t anyone listen to me?” Saya was clearly frustrated, clearly trying to keep her voice hushed yet stressed - she was going to get through to these people or pass out trying. “It’s going to fall apart. It’s structurally unsound!”

“It would appear,” Majestro began, eying the proceedings from his perch overlooking his domain, the beautiful shoreline of Kiston. “That Saya has come down with a bit of cake madness.”

“Un-loving-believable!” She shouted over the laughter.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
She couldn’t see. Had it been a trick? Annie waved her hand through the fog, trying to get past it. There was a ringing in her ears, too. It just wouldn’t stop, and neither would the faintest scent of moss. It dawned on her gradually that this was one of Lea’s - as everyone around her was dropping, she’d built up the best immunity to its effects from simple prior exposure. The fog wasn’t lethal, but they’d all wake up with the worst migraine. Her mind raced with the possibilities. Someone had stolen Lea’s knockout grenade design. There’d been ample opportunity to, they simply hadn’t expected to be gone for months. Had the royals set up some kind of mass-arrival response? Had those Way dunces pulled some kind of protest at exactly the wrong moment?

She got her answer from a hand beyond the veil of fog taking hold of her upper arm and tossing her away from the landing and the cloud. The migraine was starting, and the fog had begun to take effect. She tried to get to her feet, to put up a meaningful fight, but it was already too late. Whoever it was, she’d been captured.

“You didn’t pass out.” A woman’s voice mused. “I suppose I should tell you how grateful I am for your work? Call me a fan, Leanansidhe.” With her boot on Annie’s back, the woman turned to address others in her party, “I want confirmation.”

She would say nothing. Maybe Lea could have made it past this? Maybe they hadn’t gotten everyone. She hadn’t seen anyone else link in beside her. Could they somehow be diverting arrivals? She tried to study her immediate surroundings, to remember - had it really only been a year? It was obviously home, but she had no real idea where she was. The fog was clearing, just enough for her to see - a single glass enclosure: hers. The others were elsewhere. She didn’t know whether that was good or bad, but she’d reasoned that that was a problem for later.

There was another voice, ragged, rough, tired, but burned into her memory - Daniels. “Yeah. That’s Dr. Carter.”

“Good.” The woman responded. Annie heard him being taken somewhere else - captive, too? As the darkness of the fog rolled in, it hit her - the bastard had known they were walking into a trap. He’d refused to take the time to plan for any possible contingency whatsoever. He put them in this situation. He couldn’t see five feet in front of his own drat face. She made certain she was heard over the groggy rasp in her voice:

gently caress you, Atrus.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Some events dramatically alter one’s perspective: a death; a birth; a windfall; a famine. He shook his head at what could only be called a memory, though the word seemed insufficient a month later, one must include flying over a rift in the fabric of time - or whatever it was.

In a whirlwind of the senses, he saw himself smashing his skull against a rock to keep a worthless secret. Slashing open his sister’s stomach. Being second-best, always second-best, forever. Cutting Carter free to see for herself what was beyond whatever in the hell that fissure. Problems best left for others, he’d decided: every negative emotion and horror that he felt he could concoct, in the span of a few moments. Which would claim him first? Death? Madness?

He hadn’t been expecting clarity.

When he returned home to her, she still looked the same. Blonde braid to her waist, determined blue eyes, the nose worthy of a tap just to get a rise out of her. It had only been a few days, but so much between them had changed. He reached his hand out in invitation. “I know you’ll always be with me,” he said, “but if I leave, I won’t always be with you. Come with me and let’s explore the universe together.

She’d slapped his hand away as though he’d made another terrible joke. “The next time you convince me you’re going to kill yourself, at least go through with it so I don’t waste my days crying. I assume you’ll want to get to the wedding sooner rather than later, so we can follow our friends.”

“I wasn’t aware that I’d proposed my love,” he responded with a smile. He hadn’t even been explicit with her, hadn’t even told her of the depths of madness he witnessed and how, doom or darkness, he wanted to spend the rest of his life--

“I did. You’re still wearing my old igisi. The one I gave you before you ran off to be a hero?” If it had been anyone but her, he’d have taken offense. But he hadn’t resisted her move to hug him and pile on more derision. “How could I have fallen for someone so dense? Rot rises to punish me.”

He’d held her, awkwardly trying to return to normalcy - their normalcy - what would become known as their life together. But there’d been nowhere to go but together. “We should wait until the lesser Artemis has finished with Saya’s new legs.” She’d nodded, letting him free of her embrace. She fiddled with his quiver, which was in perfect condition as far as he was concerned and sloppy and useless by hers.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
“When it falls apart and into the sea for Naela’s drat sunners, I want credit for having warned all of you.” They just refused to listen. She only wanted to help, and was it really such an inconvenience to make certain that the understructure of the ‘cake’ was sound? She had her legs lead her to the shoreline where she could better watch the sunrise without being distracted by their ruthless mockery. In frustration, she reached her hand towards her cake and felt it slide straight through - straight through the frond which had been holding it for her and into the endless foam of the world below. Her eyes went wide as the frond fell apart around her wrist and her cake fell into the sea. She whirled back towards the party. No one was looking. No one had seen. No one had seen that she had been right all along, only that it was she who was to face the cost.

Save Majestro. On Kiston’s beach, Majestro sees all. Including the jovial march of the wedding party from his beloved beach to the distant Varbani school. The poetry of the choice was worthy of approval, however, Majestro had his duties to oversee. It had been a kindness that they should begin their party here, rather than the inconvenience he’d anticipated. He’d had a feeling in his stomach the whole week that major inconvenience was about due, and Majestro enjoyed few things like the happy surprise of being wrong.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The school was where the reunified Varbani had been born. Almost every person of prominence on Riven wanted some sort of role in the wedding, and there were precious few to go around. Yeka was not the sort of person to ask permission, always just behind everyone’s notice to resolve emergent crises - and never more so than Zale’s wedding. Her keen instincts had served her well during her time as a warlord, and it was natural that with Artemis of Hara’s departure, she would take the helm of the Varbani.

At the insistence of many, Rhenn bore first witness to the union. He took to his task with the quiet enthusiasm characteristic of his life-so-far in shadow. No matter how blinding he found the light, the former Princep saw to the precise melding of Rivenese and Rive’ni custom. Though both Rive’ni themselves, Zale and Artemis found it important that the traditions be fully respected - they were fully aware of the possibility that they’d set a precedent, and considered that responsibility carefully. To that end, Artemis never wavered until the sun began to set, when she and Zale stood together, with the support of Clan Anura and Clan Ivo, prepared to spend the rest of their lives together.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Artemis of Hara managed to take in her surroundings in the few moments before the smoke covered the landing platform of Sa’s principal city. She hadn’t been expecting an attack, but she’d been waiting for an opportunity. As she tried to locate hostile heat signatures, she tucked into a roll to bring herself low - it felt a lot like invading 234, which sent her mind racing with the likely scenarios. She felt her weapon fully charge and prepared to fire, calling out for Ammy, who should’ve arrived by then. Deep in the fog, she’d heard a bestial roar from an animal and Ammy’s voice answering in retaliation. Somehow, whoever had sprung this trap had known to attack Ammy in order to attack her. As the fog cleared and she finally saw the massive beast she would come to know as a slider pinning Ammy, and herself encased in a transparent cell, separated. Whether through genius or luck, whoever had targeted them had known to fight Ammy over Artemis, and to use Ammy against her.

“I don’t know this one. She’s not from around here.” A gruff, tired voice answered a forceful shove. He held Artemis’ eye contact long enough to show her that he was doing what he could for her. He didn’t know her - but he knew Ammy. She saw the way his captor turned him to face Ammy’s cell, where he struggled beneath the arm of the lizard and heard the defiance in his voice: “Or this one. They’ve gone and mutilated themselves, look at them. They won’t know anything.”

“You’re sure you don’t recognize her?” His captor pressed, a voice wholly unfamiliar and yet Artemis felt as though she should be able to place it - she spoke with an uncommon pride, a pride she knew well in herself. She wasn’t just their captor, she was in charge of whatever this was. And there’d be no escaping with Ammy. She knew she had to choose. She examined the tactical outlook and realized she was outplayed. She did still have her weapon - so at least she still had some options.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Taran had had something resembling advance warning thanks to his fortifications deep within the jungle - the invaders hadn’t been expecting that. He called to Kol and Olero to continue firing as more of the invaders continued towards the reunified Varbani village. There were so many of them that he saw their options decreasing. They could stand with the castle, try to trap the invaders in one of his secret death traps, hold out for as long as they could… they could flee… or they could charge headlong into the fray. He pulled his daggers free of his belt and leaped from the wall, knowing that Olero would follow under Kol’s covering fire.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
“And this one?”

“...this one’s Achenar. Really had to rough him up, didn’t you?” She pulled Daniels much less roughly than she’d had to earlier in the day, and he sighed with relief at the sight of the next cell. “This one’s the one you promised me you’d let go.”

“I still need a name, Captain.”

“He saved my life less than a year ago, that’s all you get. Don’t like it? Take it up with her.”

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The children had only Aosa to defend them as the Varbani went on the offensive. It was an opportunity to demonstrate skills they’d all hoped the children would have no need of, but it was still a tragedy. Their parents and older siblings could be dying in the jungle against these monsters and they could do nothing for them. Nenio Toven was the oldest of the students, set a bit behind in Aosa’s planned curriculum in fact but serving in an assistant’s capacity on principle. He was barely old enough to envoy, but Aosa had relied on him. But there was no relying on him now, as he paced as far from Aosa as he could. He knew his nerves would get the better of him, and then Aosa, and they had to do what they had to do. They’d promised the others they would keep the children and the school safe, and they intended to keep that promise.

Aosa caught the first of the small grenades to fly through the window and hurled it back out the window, managing to hit the attacker who’d thrown it - it burst into a cloud of smoke, almost instantly incapacitating them. The second made it through, rolling across Toven’s path and covering the school in smoke. Toven lost consciousness instantly, as did almost all of the children, but Aosa held on for a few moments. The attackers’ leader called for them to hold, which led Aosa to believe that the attack wasn’t intended to be lethal - the moment’s relief was all it took to end their defense.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It had only been days since she’d managed to escape into this strange new world, and Emi still found herself prone to sudden dizzy spells. Breaking out of her confinement hadn’t been easy, but once she was outside, no one else seemed to know that they’d all been taken. Life seemed to be proceeding as though it had never been interrupted for these people. Like her abduction could have just been a dream.

She found herself in an alien Age and felt like a curiosity to the people around her, but that wasn’t at all uncomfortable to her. People saw that she was alone and reached out to help. She didn’t know what she was going to do, but not for lack of options. That was terrifying in its own way… she also felt freer than she could ever remember. She found herself receiving offers from all of the major guilds. It took her some time to understand what a guild was, but it seemed to be similar to a tradition, or at least a bunch of people from the same tradition gathered together. When she was ready, accepting an offer would give her a place to stay, enough to eat, and time to figure out what to do next. She knew she should figure out what had happened to the others, but the comfort of a settled life was tempting. She’d seen more people die in the prior few months than she wished to remember.

Had anyone else managed to escape? Why had they been abducted in the first place? Had everyone been abducted? The Strangers, the Rive’ni, the Rivenese, Moiety, former Loyalists, the D’ni? Surely they hadn’t just captured Emi herself, she knew that would be ridiculous. Atrus had said the people of Sa were in danger, but apart from the circumstances of her arrival, they certainly didn’t seem to be in any.

She stopped walking when she came to the building she’d been looking for, which was proudly and prominently identifying itself as the “Gizmonic Workshop”. The lights were off, but she wasn’t going to let that stop her. She took a deep breath and knocked.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The age of Riven is saved, and its people have accomplished more than I could have hoped for.

Still, a heavy sorrow hangs over me. The age lives on. The secrets of its past have been unlocked and old wrongs have finally been righted. But we can’t escape the facts of its salvation. Nor can we rewrite them, hoping to lessen our pain. Too many people lost, too many families destroyed, and that anguish will be carried with us forever. The best I can hope for is that we’ll continue to learn, to take from our pasts that which is good, and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qviFLOHXkCA

Riven has ended in a Familia and Varbani victory. The single highest "scoring" player was Artemis of Hara with 15 "points".

Signups for Everdunes open on March 8, 2019.
All surviving characters (excepting Pardali, may she live forever) are eligible to return as "veterans".

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I win

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

pera may hate zanzian but he will destroy everything you love

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Whoa.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

pera may hate zanzian but he will destroy everything you love

this doesn't taste like anything you've loved before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.