Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Bruce Brown seems like a tough guy and a good athlete but him not even bothering to attempt threes is a red flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Sixers won the name draft too

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Half watching this and I remembered something--Who was the guy who went a few years ago in the second round that possibly didn't actually exist?

e: I want to say he was maybe a Turkish league player or something, and then they found out he was actually 27 instead of 17?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Grittybeard posted:

Half watching this and I remembered something--Who was the guy who went a few years ago in the second round that possibly didn't actually exist?

e: I want to say he was maybe a Turkish league player or something, and then they found out he was actually 27 instead of 17?

Was it Tanguy Ngombo?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Grittybeard posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanguy_Ngombo#Age_discrepancy

TAR GUY Ngombo

who was ineligible to be drafted

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm sorry

please forgive me

I'll buy you red claws vs blue coats tickets

e: unless you were just signing off for the night, in which case buy your own drat tickets

Had a good cry for being called foul but I worked through it. You are forgiven. I'm gonna make a PB&J like all of the NBA players do and stress eat

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
e: ty for your forgiveness

shake Milton looks awesome in highlights

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

That was it, thank you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

shake Milton looks awesome in highlights

He’s a late second my man

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cool Buff Man posted:

Had a good cry for being called foul but I worked through it. You are forgiven. I'm gonna make a PB&J like all of the NBA players do and stress eat

now that our fight is over I would like to point out that you never sliced the cinny loaf

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

now that our fight is over I would like to point out that you never sliced the cinny loaf

There's actually a good reason for that, I gave it to my 92 year old neighbor. The good news is I'm making ANOTHER one tomorrow AND I'm making cinny buns

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

You dare

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’m gonna be disappointed if this ends without any grainy rear end footage from like Myanmar

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

There's a giant cluster of guys who aren't that far apart in this draft after you get out of the mid first. He probably won't be anything special because most guys arent but he was projected in the first for a big chunk of the process before having a crappy combine

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cool Buff Man posted:

There's actually a good reason for that, I gave it to my 92 year old neighbor. The good news is I'm making ANOTHER one tomorrow AND I'm making cinny buns

Look Lucy I can only fall for this trick so many times

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

also picked with the 54th overall pick: Cheese Johnson

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

Look Lucy I can only fall for this trick so many times

Well I might make the bread Oatmeal Buttermilk instead of cinnamon so you're right I lied

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rick posted:

I'm so sorry )=

The Lakers are so desperate for three point shooters that he'll probably play and I'll have to eat last year's words.

Absolutely nothing about him looks like an NBA player, made all the more obvious with Doncic being in the same draft.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

They selected a desert beverage

beverages are very rare in the desert, good choice

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welch's chances as a pro are pretty low but like if NBA level strength and conditioning can do a miracle that shot is really nice.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1010009443218706432

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

tony carr loving owns, this dude has the most casual loving shot of all time from three

that's good because the Pels need young backcourt depth really badly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BROTHER OF FREAK

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The people get a nepotism pick, but not the one they wanted :(

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont think clam buffoon has ever even seen a bread

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Probably Magic posted:

Absolutely nothing about him looks like an NBA player, made all the more obvious with Doncic being in the same draft.

Yeah not much argument here. But the Lakers played Alex Caruso heavy minutes last year.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Draft every drat euro

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Gelo should become a Fortnight streamer or something, he's popular enough to get a following.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
rip brandon mccoy came to unlv and ruined his career path

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Oh, and both Wagner and Svi are repped by Rich Paul, so this is just more of the Lakers trying to ingratiate themselves with LeBron's agent

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh, and both Wagner and Svi are repped by Rich Paul, so this is just more of the Lakers trying to ingratiate themselves with LeBron's agent

I really hate this front office man.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh Utah traded Edwards to the Rockets apparently of course they didn't keep the pick I actually liked. Looking forward to him turning into PJ Tucker

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I really hate this front office man.

Apparently, that dude was trolling :shrug:

Svi didn't hire an agent and Wagner went with Jay-Z's agency

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rich is just such a solid agent name

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Really paid off for Malik Newman to stay in the draft, I see.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Probably Magic posted:

Really paid off for Malik Newman to stay in the draft, I see.

He'll end up getting paid to live someplace other than Kansas so he's probably fine with the arrangement

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Never stay in school kids

Unless you're one of the Ball kids in which case a STEM degree might be the best way to get away from your dad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Overall though I'm happy with the draft. I am pretty sure if you scour the NCAA Tournament thread there's posts of me advocating Lakers drafting Wagner (although I would've rather had Shamet, most of the other guys I wanted were off the board already). The Lakers really needed shooting badly, very, very badly (29th in the league in an offense that based on creating outside shots) and they drafted a couple shooters and Bonga is apparently a stash but I do like what very little I've seen. I guess even if they drafted the shooters for a wimpy reason it doesn't matter since that was their need.

E:

The Glumslinger posted:

Apparently, that dude was trolling :shrug:

Svi didn't hire an agent and Wagner went with Jay-Z's agency

Ah good, I feel better now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

He'll end up getting paid to live someplace other than Kansas so he's probably fine with the arrangement

yeah like south dakota

Having said that, Newman was definitely not the Jayhawk who I thought would go undrafted, kinda surprised teams wrote him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Look until I get cinny bun pics I'm gunning for you cool butt man

• Locked thread