Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
gently caress OFF YOU CHEATING loving CUNTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Nice, Port fans booing off the umps who carried them over the line

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
dees got screwed there a number of times

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Port fans should actually loving just sit in their garage with the car running if they weren’t just living out of the loving car in the first place

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hogan had a stinker and the game was lost when Jetta was off the ground. But jeez a few of those umpire calls hurt, but I guess that comes with playing interstate. Oscar had a stellar game despite giving away a couple of 50s

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

snoremac posted:

I hate [...] the commentators

:shittydog:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Hogan had a stinker and the game was lost when Jetta was off the ground. But jeez a few of those umpire calls hurt, but I guess that comes with playing interstate. Oscar had a stellar game despite giving away a couple of 50s

Jake Melksham free against for blocking. What the actual gently caress

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Footballs hosed, and no doubt the afl will continue to pretend that home town umpiring isn’t a loving problem when you’ve got some oval office like Nichols sitting 50 meters off the play, waiting ten seconds after the ball goes dead, and then blowing his whistle when the decibels get high enough to signal free kick port loving Adelaide

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I'm really over football. I've falling into the 'game is broken' camp now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Windmill Hut posted:

I'm really over football. I've falling into the 'game is broken' camp now.

:wrong:

Well, sorta.

Umpires need to become full time positions right now. Fully professional, quit loving with the rules and lets see a season with better enforcement of the rules, instead of changing them.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I only watched the last half of the last quarter but the only bad umpiring I saw was Melbourne getting away with being chased down and not getting pinged for it.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

Umpires need to become full time positions right now. Fully professional, quit loving with the rules and lets see a season with better enforcement of the rules, instead of changing them.

This. I can't believe that this isn't a bigger issue in the media. Whately loves going on about how we need to have the proper technology for the goal review stuff, but is bizarrely silent on the fact that we have a bunch of amateurs umpiring the game.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Periphery posted:

This. I can't believe that this isn't a bigger issue in the media. Whately loves going on about how we need to have the proper technology for the goal review stuff, but is bizarrely silent on the fact that we have a bunch of amateurs umpiring the game.

The media won't get their dripfeed from AFL HQ if they start asking too many awkward questions

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

You see that would put too much demand on umpires who are otherwise also lawyers/baristers/friends with the executives rather then promoting a 6 figure job that thousands of people will immediately jump at as their regular job.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
We might end up with umpires with a passion and feel for the game, hard to imagine.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Can’t wait for the free against Melksham to be paid consistently so you can no longer protect the drop of the ball, and any time you make any contact with a defender to allow a goal to run through it’s a free kick against

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Christ this better not be another comedy loss to the Suns

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Christ this better not be another comedy loss to the Suns

You’ll be fine if you’re within 8 goals at 3/4 time

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Gold Coast didn't score a goal in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and are coming off goalless final terms for the last month

Gold Coast Garbagemen

I suppose it doesn't help that the league hates them based on their draw this year as well

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Popped over the Oakleigh for the second half of Coll vs Carl in the vflw, carlton were on 0.1 1 at 3QT, managed to end up on 2.5 17 with two goals touched on the line.

Got to say G'day to Tayla Harris and Bri Davey and had a chat with Lauren Brazzale, who is still wearing a sling from her broken arm in the AFLW.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Don Pyke and Brett Burton are currently getting roasted in a bizarre press conference over their decision to send the entire squad to meet the Branch Davidian's, who they have finally cut ties with

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Don't they know that what happens in Waco stays in Waco.

(in a shallow grave)

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Jeremy Cameron, two or three weeks?

Just kidding, gonna be let off with a fine!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

What the flying rear end gently caress? That is PLAYING ON, how the gently caress can you bring that back?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why the gently caress does AFL live app now show a 15 second ad whenever I try to play a clip???? This is a paid service you loving cunts

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The Cameron hit is very reminiscent of Lockett on Caven.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Six weeks.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

*checks schedule*
9 weeks

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Six weeks will do.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just the one week will send a strong enough message imho

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
https://twitter.com/afl/status/1010414600422998016?s=21

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

*checks schedule*
9 weeks

I've checked and that works for me too.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I'm sure it was purely accidental, and also complete coincidence it was the Lions best defender he took out

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Spin that tribunal wheel, boys. :rolldice:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
lol at them not taking that Cameron goal to review

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Griffen just got a free kick for falling over

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Brett Burton is adamant that the new hamstring strengthening regime he and Hass introduced this off season is not to blame for the 40 hamstring injuries we've had in the first half of this season, there must be something else at play, possibly thetans

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Chemtrails over West Lakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Snake Lever bites