Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah I'm good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

##vote Tired Moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
*shakes head sagely*

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hammer or wait

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
##vote Tired Moritz

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote TM

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Tired Moritz!

Votecount for Day 4

Tired Moritz (6): Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, tithin, Natural 20, SalTheBard

Not Voting (2): Crazyeyes, Tired Moritz

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 23rd, 2018 at 6 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Y'all move quick.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:ghost:

Wake me up before you vote yo,
Don't leave me hanging on like a scum-o.
I don't want to miss it when you lynch that guy

'Cause I'm not planning on no voting solo.
are you gonna lynch tonight?

i've got an alibi !

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Beetphyxious posted:

:ghost:

Don't leave me hanging on like a scum-o.
I don't want to miss it when you lynch that guy

'Cause I'm not planning on no voting solo.
are you gonna lynch tonight?

i've got an alibi !

That was beautiful lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm still amused at that Anidav meltdown

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
welcome back town, i h0pE you DInt mind Meb ringGing the ForumSdfDdDdDfDdown. who0o0opsS Im sory. hahrhhahHAHAdashha.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Anidav posted:

welcome back town, i h0pE you DInt mind Meb ringGing the ForumSdfDdDdDfDdown. who0o0opsS Im sory. hahrhhahHAHAdashha.

lmao

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Anidav posted:

Calm down, Shodan.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: TiredMoritz was lynched Day 4! :rip:

You are Cervantes! (Valm-Aligned Bulletproof Bodyguard/Roleblocker)

You are a very capable warrior with an impressive beard. Loyal to Walhart.

You can talk to your scum teammates at any time.

You have to ability to protect someone from death at night. While you are bodyguarding someone, you will be bulletproof towards any attacks you prevent, and keep them occupied long enough to figure out who they are.

Alternatively, you can use your impressive staying power to get in the way of someone, roleblocking them at night.

Your goal is to defeat anyone who opposes you.

---

Bifauxnen (Anna, Self-Aligned Shopkeep and Town (Gulagdolls, Natural 20, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong, IcePhoenix, Crazyeyes, tithin, Juanito, Salthebard, Beetphyxious and b-minus1) win!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

MVP for Scum team: Nat 20
MVP for town: Bif

:P

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'd like to apologize for how lopsided this game was. It's the first setup I've ever created myself, and it kind of grew out of scope with the powers and destroyed the balance.

I've learned a lot from it so the next one I make should be better, but I'm seriously sorry to the misery I unleashed on the scumteam. :(

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Here are all the role PMs:

You are Excellus, Tactician of Valm! (Valm-Aligned Ninja/Busdriver/Framer)

You are a skilled manipulator and Illusionist.

You can busdrive two players at night, causing anyone targeting one to target the other. You can use this ability on yourself.

Alternatively, you can frame a player at night, making them appear suspicious to cop checks.

If you’re the one to perform the factional night kill, your visits will be hidden.

Safeclaim:

Maribelle
Virion

---

You are Walhart, the Conqueror! (Valm-Aligned Bulletproof/Juggernaut)

Having united all of Valm under your own banner, you now seek to conquer Ylisse.

As a passive power, you are permanently bulletproof.

In addition, your incredible strength allows you to ignore bodyguards or doctors trying to protect your target when performing the factional night kill.

Safeclaim:

Kellam
Nowi

---

You are Yen’fay! (Valm-Aligned Godfather Flavorcop/Rolecop)

Blackmailed under the threat of the death of your sister, you chose to fight on your conqueror’s behalf.

Because you are not doing this willingly, you will appear innocent to cop checks.

You have the ability to watch a player closely at night and find out their role and flavor.

Safeclaim:
Nah
Lucina

---

You are Cervantes! (Valm-Aligned Bulletproof Bodyguard/Roleblocker)

You are a very capable warrior with an impressive beard. Loyal to Walhart.

You have to ability to protect someone from death at night. While you are bodyguarding someone, you will be bulletproof towards any attacks you prevent, and keep them occupied long enough to figure out who they are.

Alternatively, you can use your impressive staying power to get in the way of someone, roleblocking them at night.

Safeclaim:

Frederick
Cordelia

---

You are Robin! (Ylisse-Aligned Miller/JOAT/Tactician)

You have woken up without memories, but have surprisingly many talents. The fel blood in your veins will make you appear suspicious to investigators, so beware.

During each night, you can submit a list of who you think each player will have their vote on at the end of the following day. During the following night, you will be immune to kills from each player you successfully predicted during the day, and, furthermore, if they should try to nightkill you, you will kill them instead. Your list may include a number of players up to no more than half of the current number of living players rounded down. (IE, if there are 14 alive, you may submit at most 7 names.) This ability has infinite uses.

In addition, you are a true multi-talent. You can use the following powers at night, once per game each:

Watcher
Vigilante
Doctor
Cop
Busdriver

You can only use one of these abilities OR your Tactician power, each night.

Your goal is to defeat any threats to Ylisse.

---

You are Severa! (Ylisse-Aligned 2-shot Vigilante)

Daughter of a famous Pegasus Knight, you harbor one hell of an inferiority complex. Now that Valm has invaded, it is time to channel your anger and frustration at your foes, and destroy them.

Twice per game, you can challenge someone to a duel to the death at night and defeat them with your superior skill, killing them. If your target was not an ally of Ylisse, you gain Bulletproof for the next night as well as an extra use of this ability.

---

You are Tiki! (Loved Cop)

You are the beloved Voice of Naga, and a divine dragon. Also very prone to sleeping.

At night, you can detect evil in someone’s heart and find out a player’s alignment that way. Your result will come up as not scum or scum.

In addition, your religious importance makes it much harder for your enemies to try and place suspicion on you, causing it to take 1 extra vote to lynch you.

---

You are Chrom! (Ylisse-Aligned Jailor/Mason Recruiter)

You are the leader of the Shepherds, and the future Exalt of Ylisse.

You can use your authority to jail someone at night, preventing them from using their night action and protecting them from harm. You can also invite your prisoner to your masonry, if you wish. You will recruit them regardless of their alignment. If you do, they will join the Masonry at the beginning of the next day.

Additionally, you can talk to your sister, Lissa, out of thread. You’ve been with Lissa for as long as you can remember, and you know you share their alignment. However, future additions to the Masonry may not be allies of Ylisse.

---

You are Lissa! (Ylisse-Aligned Doctor/Mason)

You are the Princess of Ylisse, and quite energetic.

You can use your staves to heal people, preventing them from dying at night.

Alternatively, you can give a player a Vulnerary, which they can use to gain a one-shot doctor power they can use on themselves only. You can hand out up to 3 Vulnerary’s.

Additionally, you can talk to your brother, Chrom, out of thread. You’ve been with Chrom for as long as you can remember, and you know you share their alignment. However, future additions to the Masonry may not be an ally of Ylisse.

---

You are Yarne! (Ylisse-Aligned Hider)

You are one of, if not the, last Taguels in existence, and are very concerned with your own survival.

You have the power to hide at night, preventing all abilities from working on you. If someone attempted to visit you, you will be told that they did, but not what kind of action they attempted to use on you. You cannot use this ability twice in succession.

---

You are Olivia! (Ylisse-Aligned Empowerer)

You are a very shy, but very skilled dancer.

At night, you can dance for someone, empowering their night action. They will be immune to roleblocks as well as attempted redirection.

---

You are Tharja! (Ylisse-Aligned Vengeful Townie/PGO)

You are an obsessive and jealous dark mage, in love with Robin. Not really a good thing for anyone, except Robin. Maybe.

As a passive power, you will kill anyone that attempts to visit you at night, due to your tendency to use them as curse practice.

Additionally, should you get lynched, you will be able to place one final curse on a person that voted for your lynch, killing them immediately.

However, neither of these abilities will work on your beloved Robin.

---

You are Donnel! (Ylisse-Aligned Backup)

You are a villager with an incredible aptitude for learning.

At night, you can take a dead player’s equipment and gain all powers stated in their Role PM (other than the factional night kill of the scumteam), permanently. You can have up to 3 powers copied this way. You can target dead scum with this ability. If you attempt to copy a fourth power, you can choose which one to discard.

---

You are Gregor! (Ylisse-Aligned Bodyguard)

You are a foreign mercenary with a funny accent.

At night, you can protect a player from death by sacrificing your own life. The first time you prevent an attack, you will not die.

---

You are Say’ri! (Ylisse-Aligned Watcher)

You are the princess of Chon’sin, in exile due to Walhart’s invasion of her homeland.

At night, you can watch a player to find out who visited them. If someone kills your target, you will avenge them, killing their attacker regardless of alignment.

---

You are Gaius (Ylisse-Aligned Thief)

You are a thief with an intense craving for sweets.

At night, you can steal a player’s equipment to gain a copy of one of their powers, while stealing their ability to use it the next night. (If they have multiple abilities, one will be chosen at random). The copied power will be an one-shot power, but lasts until used.

---

You are Anna! (Self-Aligned Shopkeep)

You want one thing only: Money.

During day, you can have a sale, using ##Open Shop.

You can then offer upgrades to the powers of one player, chosen from the people that wrote ##Enter Shop in the thread. You may choose one of the players that entered the shop, but only if they have not received an upgrade already.

At the beginning of the night, the player gaining an upgrade to their power will be notified.

(The mod will make an announcement when you Open the Shop.)

Upon completion of a sale, you gain 1 Gold. Since Valm pays better, you will instead gain 2 gold if you sell an ability upgrade to scum.

Should you be attacked at night, you will pay off your attacker, losing 1 Gold in the process (per attacker). This ability will work even against attacks that bypass ordinary protection. If you have no more gold remaining, you will die.

Your goal is to have 4 gold and be alive at the end of the game.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

And lastly:

scumdoc: https://discord.gg/wnYrZPj

masondoc: https://discord.gg/rEpvW3M

spec doc: https://discord.gg/qSbASFm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
#wedidit

Good game everyone! Thanks for running it Yami.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thanks Yamir!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also IcePhoenix loved your cover from spec doc

quote:

I wanted to respond to beet's post about his cover in thread but to avoid possible derailment I will post it in here instead

(WAKE BEET UP)
Wake Beet up in thread!
(HE CAN'T WAKE UP)
Because Beet is dead!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Speaking of SHODAN, I am currently working on a Prey (2016) based setup. I'll give it more time in the oven though, to make sure it's actually balanced.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also lol post restrictions yami

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm that's pretty low for me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Thanks Yami!

I'll post more on the game itself later.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beetphyxious posted:

Also IcePhoenix loved your cover from spec doc

thanks Beet :tipshat:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

christ anidav get some consistency:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
This game feels very impossible for scum.

I cant believe bif upgraded me for strategic reasons. :'(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Fun game. Im bummed I didn't get a single successful bodyguard

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Beetphyxious posted:

christ anidav get some consistency:

loving hell lmao

i think i take more offense to the impression we agree with each other endlessly. we call each other out on bullshit all the time?

Thoughts: giving people multiple powers probably not best for balance but if you consider it, most people didn't use their secondary.

town played pretty well, and caught scum out in logical inconsistencies. I'd probably argue that yeah, those inconsistencies were driven by people having a diverse powerbase, but I still think town would have won this one. we were too on point.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm a little disappointed that nobody's upgrade was similar to "you've become more confident"

Also you all should definitely join my Persona 5 game next :v:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Fun game! Even though I just spent every night empowering AA, was still enjoyable, albeit somewhat imbalanced.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm a little disappointed that nobody's upgrade was similar to "you've become more confident"

I wanted to avoid a Mr. Satan situation. Incidentally that game was inspiration for the shopkeeper mechanic.

Also, indeed, Tiredmoritz. I accidentally made the game too hard for scum.

Part of that was the confirmed masonry, which made sense for flavor reasons, but not much balance wise. A lot of the powers were flavor based.

But I personally feel I screwed up the most on bif's role, Anna. Anna was INTENDED to be a 3P that skits the line between helping scum and helping town, trying not to die.

Unfortunately the way I tried to incentivize that was via the gold mechanic. I realized that they'd be able to find scum with it, but I didn't think someone would go full TOWN SUPERCOP with it. The fact that bif was almost immune to death thanks to being able to bribe attackers didn't help either.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also sign up for IP's Persona 5 mafia:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860862

I'm also in it and you can vig me in revenge or something :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

eh Junpei's in it, I'll tag out. GG next map

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Bif can literally be invincible, what the gently caress

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Thanks for the game.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bifauxnen (Anna, Self-Aligned Shopkeep and Town (Gulagdolls, Natural 20, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong, IcePhoenix, Crazyeyes, tithin, Juanito, Salthebard, Beetphyxious and b-minus1) win!
I won!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

Also you all should definitely join my Persona 5 game next :v:

The best upgrade gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

N1 - Heal DB
N2 - Heal AA
N3 - Heal Bif

I was worthless!

• Locked thread