Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I only bought a t-shirt from Italians Do It Better once and they tossed in two CDs and two prints. A very classy outfit. And their actual LPs are extremely nice as well. I just wish shipping to my continent was less expensive.

I was dragged to a Killers show earlier this year. In every way it was exactly what I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
If I was at a killers concert and matchbox 20 came out and started playing matchbox 20 songs I don’t think I’d know the difference.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Just found an original pressing of Miles Davis's "Big Fun" 2x LP in VG condition for $3. The media is probably closer to NM- since I don't see any marks whatsoever, definitely one of my better finds lately.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m on a hunt for After Midnight by The Manhattans. I’ll be traveling a bit this summer (and possibly beyond) and I want the satisfaction of actually finding it in some random record store I come across rather than buying it online. Shining Star is one of my favorite songs ever made.

I’m weird.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

boop the snoot posted:

I’m on a hunt for After Midnight by The Manhattans. I’ll be traveling a bit this summer (and possibly beyond) and I want the satisfaction of actually finding it in some random record store I come across rather than buying it online. Shining Star is one of my favorite songs ever made.

I’m weird.

I've been looking for Manhattan's albums and got really frustrated flipping through like 10x Manhattan Transfer LPs without finding one the other day.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Videogame Soundtrack Thread sure has a hardon for a super inoffensive pop rock band

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
The new Kamasi Washington album actually isn't a 4 LP deal... They've hidden a fifth record in the packaging.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh that's neat, I do like his work but can't justify $50 for it sadly. Softens the blow for those who bought it though!

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

It's long enough that I'm down with paying that much. The packaging on The Epic was really nice also.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It’s literally hidden inside the gatefold. You need to either cut/tear it apart to get it, or maybe take a blow dryer and see if you can soften the glue binding.

Good luck not destroying it! Although I suppose you could always buy another $50 copy...

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
There's scoring on the top so you can cut it open.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1263668973/kozmophone-a-classic-reimagined-0

Lmao

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not gonna lie, the hologram is kinda cool. The vuvuzela much less so.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Not gonna lie, the hologram is kinda cool. The vuvuzela much less so.

You mean you don't want to listen to all of your records out of a tinny bluetooth speaker?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

"Funded in 18 hours."

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Someone paid $5000 for one of those

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's no way this can end with cheap Chinese manufactured crap like every other music based Kickstarter!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Call me back when you make a kickstarter version of the Edison cylinders, you loving posers.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

EL BROMANCE posted:

There's no way this can end with cheap Chinese manufactured crap like every other music based Kickstarter!!

Yeah but they're listing an AT stylus so at least that one component will be good?

Watch it be attached to the most generic cartridge ever

CPL593H posted:

Call me back when you make a kickstarter version of the Edison cylinders, you loving posers.

Each cylinder has an nfc chip that the reader in the base will react to in order to load the album art onto the 4k hologram projector. Oh yeah, it'll play music too I guess."

Is that a real edition of dsotm in the video? I don't think I've ever seen it with only white on the back, that's not how refracted light works.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 22, 2018

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Are those things seriously five grand? If so I think I can make a killing selling department store Crosleys with a vuvuzela glued to them. What loving moron wants this? Jesus Christ.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

CPL593H posted:

Are those things seriously five grand? If so I think I can make a killing selling department store Crosleys with a vuvuzela glued to them. What loving moron wants this? Jesus Christ.

5grand is for the 18k gold edition, limited to 20 get yours before they're gone!

They're a mere 250 bucks for the normal edition (on ks, idk what they'll retail for)

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
My first record player was a sony one from the 80's that used a little cd laser type thing, I got it for 15 bucks. Let me just hook up one of those cheap bluetooth transmitters.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

CPL593H posted:

It’s the only piece of modern equipment that I will touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fA9sJ3LBwg

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CPL593H posted:

No they're either $250 each or $350 each I can't tell. The $5000 one was in an 18k gold box because people are dumb.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Isn't the audio technica LP-120 pretty much that price? I can't remember what mine costs because I got it about ten years ago but I remember them being about 250ish and the one they sell now has a much better stock cart than when I bought mine. I'm pretty sure that's the price range of a pro-ject debut. There are so many better options, I'm just baffled that someone would spend that much on a turntable that is very obviously a piece of poo poo.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I picked up The Cure - Seventeen Seconds and the Ghost in the Shell OST from a record store I have never been to today because i'm a sad weeb.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Photex posted:

I picked up The Cure - Seventeen Seconds and the Ghost in the Shell OST from a record store I have never been to today because i'm a sad weeb.

Condolences to anyone who can't enjoy good music on its own merits but instead gets hung up on it being from a cartoon or game.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I actually wouldn't mind an old fashioned record player with the big horn thing.

I'd also want it to have a decent platter, tone arm and cartridge / needle.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Id also like it to be an actual gramophone and not sending it through a bluetooth transmitter to a receiver with a 3 inch speaker in it.

But, yaknow, semantics

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

SeXReX posted:

Id also like it to be an actual gramophone and not sending it through a bluetooth transmitter to a receiver with a 3 inch speaker in it.

But, yaknow, semantics

Well of course.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Condolences to anyone who can't enjoy good music on its own merits but instead gets hung up on it being from a cartoon or game.

Yeah but on the other hand you have people paying a could hundred bucks for some beep boops from an SNES game.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

CPL593H posted:

Yeah but on the other hand you have people paying a could hundred bucks for some beep boops from an SNES game.

Take your meds grandpa

People are paying hundreds for the sound of a string vibrating just lmao

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would buy the Bioshock Infinite OST on vinyl if I found it.

Probably FFXV too.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Take your meds grandpa

People are paying hundreds for the sound of a string vibrating just lmao

Huuurrrr all music is just a bunch of sounds.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Keep going with that train of thought, you're close to a breakthrough!

Got this limited cassette release of Psymun's Heartsick, haven't seen these folding cardboard cases before it's pretty neat.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

CPL593H posted:

Huuurrrr all music is just a bunch of sounds.

Lmao

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Keep going with that train of thought, you're close to a breakthrough!

Got this limited cassette release of Psymun's Heartsick, haven't seen these folding cardboard cases before it's pretty neat.

Here's the thing, I think paying a couple hundred bucks for any record is stupid but if you really can't tell the difference in quality and artistic merit between Sign 'O' The Times and the boss fight music from Streets of Rage 2 I don't know what else to say to you.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
This guy listens to Prince instead of Tchaikovsky. loving embarrassing man. :yikes:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

All Music Is Bad hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

VMP announced the July Record of the Month and I know next to nothing about the rap album, Unapologetic Art Rap by Open Mike Eagle. Apparently it has never seen a vinyl release but I haven’t listened to any of his stuff, any recommendations?