Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting James Ellsworth is backstage at the event tonight, and is penciled in to interfere in Asuka vs Carmella and help Carmella retain the title.

Sometimes I wonder if this company has reached the limit of stupidity. Then they prove me wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

hope ellsworth starts helping asuka instead and wears a kimono to the ring

I didn't realize before this how much I want Geisha boy James Ellsworth now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In other betting news, don't be shocked if RAW wins both cases tonight. It's odds have been improving sharply.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

5dimes is showing Alexa and Miz as the favorites for the ladder matches at the moment.

Nakamura's also gotten ahead of AJ, Carmella is very slightly ahead of Asuka, and Big rear end pulled a bit further ahead of Dbry.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Abroham Lincoln posted:

5dimes is showing Alexa and Miz as the favorites for the ladder matches at the moment.

Nakamura's also gotten ahead of AJ, Carmella is very slightly ahead of Asuka, and Big rear end pulled a bit further ahead of Dbry.

Carmella is way ahead on other sites. She's at -335 on Kambi. Nakamura is ahead for now, but I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up with both men kicking each other in the nuts and neither being able to answer the count of 10.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Couple of updates from 5dimes:

Shinsuke remains at -180
Ronda is now -560 to win the title
Carmella is now -145 (Asuka is at +105 now)
Big rear end is at -210

All of the other results are pretty obvious. Seth winning, Bobby winning, Bludgeon Brothers winning, Roman winning.

So it seems like main roster creative saw Takeover last night and is booking the exact opposite way they should be booking. :allears:

At least they're giving Nakamura the belt a year late.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Midnightghoul posted:

hope ellsworth starts helping asuka instead and wears a kimono to the ring

Well, you got half your wish..

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
So are betting odds no longer worth looking at anymore?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

spongeh posted:

So are betting odds no longer worth looking at anymore?

No, they've been correct all night with the exception of Shinsuke/AJ.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As I said earlier Alexa had a big night.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Did the Big Cass odds shift at some point because the last post on here had Cass winning at -210.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Le Saboteur posted:

Did the Big Cass odds shift at some point because the last post on here had Cass winning at -210.

Yeah, they shifted to Daniel Bryan (-160) like 10 minutes before the show started.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Didn't see the Big rear end shift, but it looks like the Ronda bets were wrong on the title, although I guess it'd technically be a DQ win. Those bets would be thrown out though for that wouldn't it?

e: Looks like missed on Braun too. Given the 50/50 nature and the obviousness of some of the wins, I think the smart money isn't really coming in anymore.

spongeh fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 18, 2018

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Didn’t Shinsuke drop from like -500 to -100 when the smart money came in anyway

The predictions were accurate

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Anyone know who is agaisnt who on the WWEUK thing tonight? I know Jordan Devlin, Flash Morgan Webster are in, Zack Gibson too. Anyone got up to date brackets?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Gibson/Gallagher, Webster/Devlin, Joe Coffey/Dave Mastiff and Travis Banks/Ashton Smith.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

UK Championship Quarter Finals

Gibson over Gallagher
Coffey over Mastiff
Webster over Devlin
Banks over Smith

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rest of them are out.

Isla Dawn/Toni Storm/Jinny/Killer Kelly was stopped and restarted as a triple threat because Jinny got hurt on a dive. Toni won and faces Shayna tomorrow.

Gibson beat Webster
Banks beat Coffey

British Strong Style beat Undisputed Era

Gibson beat Banks. Gibson faces Dunne tomorrow.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Uk show was excellent worth a watch when it drops on the network. Shame for jinny they basically reshot the whole thing as a triple threat so i doubt they'll ever show what was done in the four way. Shame as there were a few cool spots involving all four of them at once.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanity debuts tonight on SD, per PWInsider

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Chris James 2 posted:

Sanity debuts tonight on SD, per PWInsider

Their match against the Usos has been advertised on WWE’s site since yesterday, not really a spoiler

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Apparently Moustache Mountain won the NXT Tag Team Titles

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's on Twitter, so IDK if it even counts as a spoiler at this point.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
https://twitter.com/KennyMc1985/status/1009158130440302592

Dar got some sick side abs while reahabbing it seems

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm glad Dar is back and in a role he will get more screentime in

and also that he has a Ricochet physique now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Guessing Dar is gonna be the lead heel for the UK show?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
noam dar is life

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Oh man, there's some stuff in that show that I'm really curious how Mauro and Nigel talked about. For instance; half of the entire audience waving shoes in the air during the main event.

It was a really good show all round; there was only one real dud, Charlie Morgan vs. Killer Kelly, which no-one gave any kind of poo poo about. Everything else was good to great. Big notes particularly to that No.1 contendership match (Flash Morgan particularly impressed me, but I don't have any frame of reference for him), the Women's Championship match, and the Dream/EC3 vs. Ricochet/Black tag match.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 20, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"MAMMA MIA A COLLISION OF BODIES SO DEVASTATING YOU'D THINK ANTHONY MCPARTLIN WAS BEHIND THE WHEEL!"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1009926972133335043

Looks like those are the three big things for the night.

- Black was challenged by Ciampa for the NXT Title

- Kona Reeves def. Max Humberto. (I forgot Kona existed, and I wish he would have stayed missing)

- TUE def. Ricochet and Mustache Mountain

- Shayna comes out and cuts a promo, saying that they need to find a new challenger for her, which is why the Mae Young Classic 2 is being held.

- The Mighty def. Otis

- Kairi Sane def. Vanessa Bourne via submission and then calls out Shayna Baszler.

- Velveteen Dream def. Dijack

- EC3 comes out to confront Dream over walking out on him during their tag match in the UK.

- Gargano def. EC3. It's worth noting that Gargano was incredibly aggressive during this match.

- Shayna's Brooklyn challenger will be determined tonight in a triple threat match. Kairi vs Nikki Cross vs Candice.

- Adam Cole def. Danny Burch

- Lacey Evans def. Dakota Kai

- Kassius Ohno def. some jobber

- Kairi Sane def. Nikki Cross and Candice LaRae and will challenge Shayna at Takeover: Brooklyn.

- The Undisputed Era def. Mustache Mountain to regain the NXT Tag Team titles.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 22, 2018

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Both TUE/Moustache Mountain matches were unreal good for TV matches. Women's triple threat was excellent, crowd was actually insanely hot for the tag title match (I yelled for basically the full twenty-plus minutes). Shayna was on commentary for the women's match. No Bianca, which was surprising. Decent percent of the crowd was into Dijak. Not really sure what was with the booking of the Mighty v Dozovic in a handicap match...it made TM look incredibly weak to barely eke out a two on one victory.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Both TUE/Moustache Mountain matches were unreal good for TV matches. Women's triple threat was excellent, crowd was actually insanely hot for the tag title match (I yelled for basically the full twenty-plus minutes). Shayna was on commentary for the women's match. No Bianca, which was surprising. Decent percent of the crowd was into Dijak. Not really sure what was with the booking of the Mighty v Dozovic in a handicap match...it made TM look incredibly weak to barely eke out a two on one victory.

Bianca is apparently taking care of wedding stuff. That's why she's gone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I’m guessing a backstage bit where The Mighty has taken out Tucker Knight

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tucker's wife gave birth last night during the taping

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1009926972133335043

- Black was challenged by Ciampa for the NXT Title.

Be interesting if the plan is to have Ciampa beat Black, then have Gargano chase Ciampa

DarkstarIV posted:

Guitar belt is BACK, BAY-BAY

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
May as well post it here just in case, but WWE may have a handful of big things happening next weekend. They tour Japan next week, and its expected they'll officially announce they signed Io Shirai there, and also announce that Meiko Satomura will be a part of the MYC 2 (Along with Io Shirai).

There's also rumors going around of Asuka potentially winning the SD Women's Title on the final night of the tour due to the fact that they changed it to a singles matchup (It used to be Charlotte vs Asuka vs Carmella, and then it was Becky vs Asuka vs Carmella, and now its just Asuka vs Carmella). WWE has invited several major Japanese media outlets to the second night of the event apparently.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 22, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Well, it is to appease the hometown crowd, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

May as well post it here just in case, but WWE may have a handful of big things happening next weekend. They tour Japan next week, and its expected they'll officially announce they signed Io Shirai there, and also announce that Meiko Satomura will be a part of the MYC 2 (Along with Io Shirai).

There's also rumors going around of Asuka potentially winning the SD Women's Title on the final night of the tour due to the fact that they changed it to a singles matchup (It used to be Charlotte vs Asuka vs Carmella, and then it was Becky vs Asuka vs Carmella, and now its just Asuka vs Carmella). WWE has invited several major Japanese media outlets to the second night of the event apparently.

At least you gave up on Nakamura winning. Some progress

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Well, it is to appease the hometown crowd, right?

Possibly, but it doesn't seem like they have any real viable path to giving Asuka a rematch either at Extreme Rules. I imagine what could happen is Asuka wins the title during the tour, Carmella invokes her rematch clause for Extreme Rules, and we see what happens from there. WWE will probably test the water with Asuka as champion during that time, although we already know the answer that she'll be a straight upgrade compared to Carmella's reign.

So while I could see Carmella winning the title back at Extreme Rules, I can also see them keeping her titleless, especially since it seems like James may not be around for long, considering he has independent dates still lined up from late July onwards. Also I'm pretty sure if you were to poll the WWE Universe on which would appeal to them more, pretty sure most people would vote for Asuka/Charlotte, Asuka/Becky, or Asuka/Charlotte/Becky at Summerslam, over anything Carmella related.

Chris James 2 posted:

At least you gave up on Nakamura winning. Some progress

The only reason I gave up on Nakamura winning the WWE title was because they've already established a new #1 contender for it. And he's probably going to win the US title. Asuka doesn't have that luxury of having another title to go after, unless WWE decides to make the intergender title that Ellsworth created an actual thing (no chance in hell).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

DarkstarIV posted:

Sadly i said this would happen when i watched them win the titles at the nxt uk event.