Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's obviously not gonna get the focus as much right now, but I really dig the High-End Nomu's power set as well. It makes it into an interesting, cool threat that can't easily be solved by "punching/kicking it harder." In theory, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i say, i say, i say, i know the japanese are wary of losing face but this is ridiculous!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Endeavor's relatives being shocked and upset at what's happening doesn't mean they forgive him, it means they're shocked and upset. I'm hoping Endeavor is completely defeated here, like in a coma and can't fight again when he comes out. I personally think that would be the best thing for his character development. Maybe being captured and turned into a Noumu or brainwashed into being a villain instead.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

kidcoelacanth posted:

Finally, Oda reveals who he was saving the eyepatch for.

Oda does it again

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Endeavor's relatives being shocked and upset at what's happening doesn't mean they forgive him, it means they're shocked and upset. I'm hoping Endeavor is completely defeated here, like in a coma and can't fight again when he comes out. I personally think that would be the best thing for his character development. Maybe being captured and turned into a Noumu or brainwashed into being a villain instead.

You do know Endeavour isn't your dad, right?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Didn't see that one coming.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It's time for the last resort.

FUNERAL PYRE!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i say, i say, i say, i know the japanese are wary of losing face but this is ridiculous!

Banned.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
This is one of the things that I thought might happen (though not that specific), and I'm assuming Endeavor isn't done fighting yet.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The real victim here is the administrative dude that has to keep shuffling around the hero tier list.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope endeavor is dead

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tekne posted:

It's time for the last resort.

FUNERAL PYRE!

Is that what you call it when you Majin Vegeta yourself?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Endeavour promised his son that he would be a better person and a better hero, so he's going to win even if it almost kills him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Endeavour promised his son that he would be a better person and a better hero, so he's going to win even if it almost kills him.

Shoto, Rei...I do this for you. And yes...even for you, All Might.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Onmi posted:

Is that what you call it when you Majin Vegeta yourself?
That and when you have fire powers. I could see High End attempting another by the skin of its neck escape only for Hawks to push it into the blaze with his feathers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man this is like the week for people to get hosed up in WSJ.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

eyepatch Endeavor will be the hero he always wanted to be

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The eyepatch is going to give Endeavor the character development needed to make him a good character just like Raiden in Revengeance and Apollo in Ace Attorney 5.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endeavour is Lionel Messi

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope endeavor goes out the same way all might did but without anybody cheering him on

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

lol you guys think his eye patch isn't just going to be more fire on his face

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

That's too simple for a top hero.

Endeavor will leave his damaged socket exposed with a raging fire in the place of his eye.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So can we all agree that High End is totally just Muscular?

Also man, this has me worried that the League is going to start taking out the whole 10 top. Stay safe Mirko! :ohdear:

EDIT:

Baby Dabi was small.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 22, 2018

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Rhonne posted:

Also man, this has me worried that the League is going to start taking out the whole 10 top. Stay safe Mirko! :ohdear:
Mirko's whole "joining a team is for wimps" line may come back to bite her in the tail. I'd prefer if Edgeshot's team or some other crew comes to her aid if she gets targeted.

Tekne fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 22, 2018

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

High End is way too smart to be Muscular. It might have his quirk, but I'm betting someone else is the "chassis", so to speak.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
But yeah the final lines going through Shoto's head at the end of the chapter was what Endeavor told him at the end of the Provisional training with the kids arc, not his own thoughts. This chapter was a bit confusing translation wise.

Also there is a bonus chapter thing.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/188/1/page/1

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 22, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Truly the greatest father hero since Gerard Depardieu

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Oh poo poo, that looked painful.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

The bonus chapter is great, and the final :wtf: is pretty funny

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Even more painful looking than the eye is getting his lip ripped up tbh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

lol you guys think his eye patch isn't just going to be more fire on his face a robotic replacement made by Mei

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You see this is why you wear a helmet!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hawks: He played us like a drat fiddle!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Man this is like the week for people to get hosed up in WSJ.

Especially Coming off this week's Kimetsu.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

kidcoelacanth posted:

Even more painful looking than the eye is getting his lip ripped up tbh

Probably because you can see the lip in graphic detail and the eye is just a blotch of ink. I'm sure the eye would feel worse.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tekne posted:

That's too simple for a top hero.

Endeavor will leave his damaged socket exposed with a raging fire in the place of his eye.
That would actually parallel his son's scar in a really interesting way.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
All this Endeavour talk is great and all but can we address how good of a dad Aizawa is? He immediately goes to shield Eri from the gruesome footage, and thinks to visit Todoroki.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

All this Endeavour talk is great and all but can we address how good of a dad Aizawa is? He immediately goes to shield Eri from the gruesome footage, and thinks to visit Todoroki.

He cares about his kids, all 20+ of them. Aizawa is secretly the best dad in the series.

Also, I wanna know more about this guy and his hand-cannons:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Rhonne posted:

He cares about his kids, all 20+ of them. Aizawa is secretly the best dad in the series.

Also, I wanna know more about this guy and his hand-cannons:

I'm more interested in the guy behind him, whose quirk seems to be his limbs falling apart.

e:

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SpacePig posted:

I'm more interested in the guy behind him, whose quirk seems to be his limbs falling apart.

Nintendo ARMS was a stealth crossover with MHA?